Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Heh, it's not enough material to judge.

I liked the piano + strings track, the fanfare at the beginning, the town theme, and the edits of the trailer music.

Re:

george1234 said:
^ Remeber that where the music is put is not the composer's job but (sound) director's. Yup during the evil guy's explanations a non chorus music would be more fitting imo.

Yeah the problem is the sound director the Ost is good :sparkleguy:

I cant tell about orriginaly I haven't listened most of Yuki works really :XD:

If I were to know all of her music it would be more repetitive I guess. :cry:

I enjoyed the music! I'm a sucker for her little piano pieces and the celtic folk sound :sohappy: looking forward to the rest!

I love the music for sword art online!!! :sohappy: Kajiura-Sama never fails to impress me!!! I don't care about how the other haters comment about her music, but to me she once again opened another new field in music composition :sohappy:

Hmmm my favorite OST would be that part when Kirito was teaching Klein how to fight! That music was sooo unique! it sounded more "gameish" then Kajiuraish :ayashii: *Good job Kajiura~sama! looks like you found a rather interesting motif in your music :dote: *

I enjoyed the music! I'm a sucker for her little piano pieces and the celtic folk sound looking forward to the rest!

Firstly, your not a sucker :sparkleguy:
Next don't we all love her little piano pieces and celtic folk sound???
:ayashii: *not to mention that Salve, terrae magicae is one of my fav OST!!! and the Celtic OST in SAO has certain fragments of it in it!!!*

Omg i can't wait for more :nosebleed:

Re: Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Sword Art Online" anime

^You and I are so much alike. hehe Uuugh it feels like so long until next Saturday.

Liana_Ilia said:
^You and I are so much alike. hehe Uuugh it feels like so long until next Saturday.
so long.... :uh..: but don't worry! I bet Kajiura~sama has more surprises installed for us!!! :nosebleed:

Re:

alarictay said:
Hmmm my favorite OST would be that part when Kirito was teaching Klein how to fight! That music was sooo unique! it sounded more "gameish" then Kajiuraish :ayashii: *Good job Kajiura~sama! looks like you found a rather interesting motif in your music :dote: *

Not really 'unique' since there was this track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ccJsTpHFA like 7 years ago, as well as one with similar style with the one we got now, on Fate/Zero on the Rin episode. But its still very nice. Lets hope its longer than 1 minute.

Oh and of course its game-ish since this anime takes place within a game ^^

Piano or not, Venari Strigas was closer to Slipstream, IMHO. A lot of mood in Slipstream is defined by its powerful, guitar-driven rhythm, whereas both Rin's track and this boar fight track sound more laid-back to me. If anything, I'd compare them to Sadness from Petite Cossette OST. :ayashii:

And the show being about a game promises a good deal of battle themes. :stars:

Pretty monumental orchestra pieces by the end, although the town theme still takes the cake for me so far. :dote: A piano/strings track during Kirito and Klein's talk is beautiful, too. :dote:

The show itself... OK so far. It does look more ominous in hindsight when you put yourself in the shoes of the players' families :omg: Your friend or relative logs into a game, and stays there for months, as good as comatose to the world outside, and you can never be sure they'll wake up in the end. They will either survive or not, which is like they've gone off to war, except here there is no war, no need to pay that bloody tribute for the sake of protecting your homeland, and if those people close to you die, it will be all for nothing... All the fears and issues surrounding game addiction are practically cranked up to eleven here. :leaf:

Also, I'm wondering about several things:
- how are the bodies maintained in real life? Are they put on life support or what? Such a long while without food or water doesn't sound healthy.
- are they transportable to a hospital for these life support purposes? It's also a matter of stable powering, since if the body's left at home and there is a blackout... how long can NerveGear work on the battery alone, anyway?
- and come to think of it, what exactly happens if the battery's down? Even for 2020, two-year-long batteries are not TOO likely (so much the more that it's not such a distant future). Will there be any damage to the brain if NerveGear just turns off? Or is it programmed to fry everything right before turning off?
- about Kayaba - I wonder what will become of him IRL. Will he be spending all this time in prison, calmly denying any possibility or will of reprogramming the game, or will he pull off a traditional "evil genius secret bunker God-knows-where" trick? :plot:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
- how are the bodies maintained in real life? Are they put on life support or what? Such a long while without food or water doesn't sound healthy.
- are they transportable to a hospital for these life support purposes?

Yes that's what happens. I have read the novels 3-4 first chapters. The players are transfered to hospitals for mechanical support.

No idea about the battery, guess the author was too lazy to think of an other way, like wireless electricity transfer :XD:

I'm really loving the strings of the main theme edited :hearts:

Nick Hunter said:
And the show being about a game promises a good deal of battle themes.
I'll be hoping a new digital monsters like .old//kajiura did ~10 years ago or just a battle-feeling XD

Nick Hunter said:
how are the bodies maintained in real life? Are they put on life support or what? Such a long while without food or water doesn't sound healthy.
It's a game! People can finish it within 2 days with no food nor water! :plot: huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

george1234 said:
Yes that's what happens. I have read the novels 3-4 first chapters. The players are transfered to hospitals for mechanical support.
Spoiler. :glower:

Re:

george1234 said:
Its not spoiler, it reveils nothing about the plot, its just a background information.
To me, everything is spoiler :glower: even the yokoku.

Watched ep 1 and read everyone's review. Below is my personal opinion (just my personal feeling, I don't want to offense anyone with this) of the ep:
Well, the anime makers did the best they could but there many parts that need improvement.
The art seems good and I don't know much about this stuff, so I'm not gonna comment much. Compare to the novel, the chars look younger and brighter, but I don't really mind.

Overall, the music's good but it seems the way they arrange it in the anime is kinda weird. The music in the Kayaba's announcement part makes the atmosphere brighter with time, then get darker when it reaches a point, and that brightest point is in the part where he said their brains can be fried. :desksweat: That's just too weird. That track should have been played about 30s earlier.
The track where Kirito starts running in the field at the end is weird too, like the beginning of the track was ripped off. I don't know if YK wanted to give a different feel to the track by making it like that or the sound director ripped it off, but it sounds really weird.
The OP just sound weird but I don't know why ...
For the boar battle music, it should have been just a little more upbeat. I think the director is saving better tracks for the big battles and the track is peaceful since it's just a battle with a small fry and nothing dark's hapened, but it would have been better to rush the piano part a little.
The town's track sounds like a mixture of YK's tracks from other animes but I neither like or dislike this. According to a friend of mine who's an amateur composer, every composer has a bunch of "codes" for their music, that is, certain feelings of theirs are displayed by certain patterns of notes. They create songs by "coding" their feelings at the time with notes and lyrics. I think YK's music is just the same. And b/c we're big fans of hers, we listen to many of her tracks and have pretty much heard and felt most of her codes or feelings. That's why some find the track boring or familiar b/c they've "seen" similar codes many times before. But like I said before, the music's still good overall and I have high expectations for it.
The sound effects throughout the series are good, which means the sound director is working hard for this. Hope he/she will keep this up for the whole series. The voice actors & actresses are good, too.

The way they processed the plot surprises me. They did their best with parts that I thought are the hardest to put in the anime and cut just enough information from the novel so that the viewers can guess those info by watching the scenes (kinda like Madlax's style). The ep feels kinda rushed, especially at the Kayaba announcement part. The atmosphere at the time wouldn't have been as heavy as in the novel (b/c of the rush) without the music's compensation, so it's still ok. Besides, the rush is expected since they decided to stuff 3 or 5 vols of the novel AND "side stories" in 24-26 eps (some webs say 3 but I remember seeing Sinon's - a char from vol 4 - vocal actor/actress' name somewhere). Well, the novel's author called those side stories but without these, the main story will have plot holes.

Finally rating: 4.5/5 regarding the quality and the huge efforts the anime makers put into SAO. Looking forward to the next ep! :sohappy:
@Nick Hunter: seems like u have lots of questions and are interested to know what happens next. If u want to know that badly, just go read SAO novel or pm me and I'll give u spoilers :psst: (I can't just go and spoil everything here :XD: )

^I do agree about the part at the end where he's running, that was a bit weird.

I am excited for the next episode at least, I am hoping the plot develops a little more, and we will get to meet new characters. (I think it is the Oreimo artist, or at least it looks like it.) :dote:

Re:

alarictay said:
I love the music for sword art online!!! :sohappy: Kajiura-Sama never fails to impress me!!! I don't care about how the other haters comment about her music, but to me she once again opened another new field in music composition :sohappy:

Of course you do. Otherwise, you wouldn't even mention them LOL

Back