New FictionJunction Album "Parade" (Release April 19, 2023) [MV out on YT!]

01 Prologue

This is an introductory piece that I scattered various melodies from the album.

02.Kotonohide Yawarakai

I saw a commercial or something once that said "extraordinarily soft" and it caught my attention and I wrote it down in my notebook. I wrote the melody and chorus to each of the regular members who support FictionJunction, KAORI, KEIKO, YURIKO KAIDA, and Joelle, based on the image of their voices.

03.Luminous Paint feat. ASCA

I have had the opportunity to work with ASCA several times in the form of songwriting, and I have always thought that her voice, which is like a sparkling mixture of light particles, goes very well with the band's sound. I wanted to work with her someday, and this song was created with the image of an adult kawaii girls' alterna-pop band (our comparison). It was a very fun recording!

04. Beginning

I wrote this song 20 years ago as the first song on Sako Chiba's album "melody. I remade it as a version for the regular four members on the tour the year before last, which led to the decision to include it on the album. Since it was the first song on the tour, each singer had a solo when they appeared on stage to introduce themselves, making it a bit of a live song.

05.I don't want to see you anymore feat. rito

I wrote this song to be sung by rito, whom I had a chance to meet at the "FictionJunction Diva Audition" held last spring. Her voice has a unique melancholy and has many possibilities, but for the first song, I thought that rito's lyrics, which are a little more realistic than FictionJunction's usual lyrics or more ...... realistic, would be more suitable for her. So, I decided on this song.

06. Oar feat. Aimer

Kai, meaning oar, is a tool used to cross over the water by human power. The oldest of the songs in this collection, I wrote this song over 30 years ago when I was about 20 years old ......, and the lyrics are still the same as they were then. Putting this oldest song side by side with the newest song, "Koto no Honto ......," I am reminded once again that even after 30 years, the music I want to make has not changed much in essence. I am just so touched to have Aimer sing the song this time. It is recorded together with Yasuhiro Sakurada's piano.

07. Sokyu no Fanfare feat. Aoi Eir & ASCA & ReoNa

10th anniversary theme song of the anime "SWORD ART ONLINE

08. August Organ feat. LINO LEIA

We wrote this song for LINO LEIA, who we had a chance to meet through an audition. She sang it on last year's tour prior to the album. Her voice is sweet and pure, and her range from the top to the bottom is very attractive, but this song, which is a new song for me, was written with a very high tone. The scenery of the song also has a high altitude. And in FictionJunction style (?), the chorus is also very strong. And the chorus is also strong in FictionJunction style (?).

09. It's like a little light feat. KEIKO

This song was originally written for Sayuri. I thought it would be interesting to make a FictionJunction version of this song, so I decided to do a self-cover version. Please enjoy Keiko's emotional vocals.

10. from the edge feat. LiSA

Ending theme for the TV anime "Blade of Oni no Blade" Kamakado Sumijiro Tatsushi-hen

This song was written as the ending theme for the TV series "Blade of Demon's Destruction", the Tateshi Arc, and although I had a chance to work with LiSA on several songs through this work, and although this song was a bit nostalgic, I had no actual contact with LiSA even though we had worked together on "background music and theme songs", it was the first time for her to sing this song. What kind of melody should we choose for the song? It still seems like only yesterday that I was walking around the room all night singing and creating melodies. I am very happy to be able to record it on this album.

11. moonlight melody

Self-cover of a song I wrote as an insert song for the TV anime "Princess Principal". The order I received at the time was "a song that everyone in the world of the work knows and that everyone can sing along to when someone sings it. I wanted a song that both children and adults could sing along with, something that would be played at the end of an old movie. ...... I tried to keep the melody and lyrics as simple as possible. The song was to be played during a scene where people are thinking about their families, so the lyrics are also about that.

12, The End of the World feat. Ayla Yuki

This is also a self-cover of a song I wrote for Sako Chiba. We asked Ayla Yuki to sing this song because we felt her sweet, gentle, and pure voice would be a perfect match for both the song and the lyrics. ...... In fact, we had planned to have her sing the song at a live performance, but we had to give up due to the number of songs, etc. This time, it became a reality with this album. It is a very old song, but I remember writing the lyrics while looking at the bright lawn outside from a dark room in the lobby of a studio somewhere at the time.

13. Parade

This album was released on the 30th anniversary of my debut. 30 years is not a short period of time, but if you ask me if I feel that I have accomplished anything after such a long time, I would be surprised to hear that there is nothing, and everything is still on the way. It is not a road that one can walk alone, and I would like to continue to aim far with this parade, with everyone who has walked with me for a time or for many years now, those who make sounds and those who do not, and I would like to do so. If possible, we would like to do it in a festive way. With bright rhythms echoing in the air.

For me the samples already work and there are still 6 hours until midnight

From the samples it seems pretty boring overall as most songs are ballads, and the upbeat ones are either ones we ve already heard or are nothing unique (#2, #3) moonlight melody has Yuriko, at least in the sample.

Last edited:
It's out for Spotify.

ことのほかやわらかい reminds me of... some other song from Kalafina...
ASCA's 夜光塗料 in the samples caught my attention but finally the full song is meh...

Last edited:
i don't know what to say about koto no hoka yawarakai. initial impression i thought it would be in the direction of Kalafina's in every nothing but then some parts of the reffrain really reminds me of some other Kajiura songs that weren't Kalafina's. it also somehow reminds me of TRC and Madoka soundtrack at some parts. the verses are really cool imo. whoever sang the lines at 4:03 to 4:06 sounded so much like Wakana lol
i remember keiko calling this song cinnamon roll-chan and i thought the song would be on the softer side lmao, but in fact it's because there's literally cinnamon roll in the lyrics XD

Yakou Toryou could be easily be given to Keiko instead to whoever this girl is (asca? junna?). mostly eh, the most interesting part is the woouwoooooowoowooo (that could also be perceived as annoying by some people)

my god does aimer's voice still annoy me to no end especially on slow songs like Kai

best track is sore wa chiisa na hikari no you na

too much amount of Kaori in the FictionJunction songs but what's new. koto no hoka yawarakai is probably gonna be the fan favorite, alongside Hachigatsu no Organ. unlike most people in this forum, most JP Kajiura fans I've seen adore Hachigatsu no Organ and they love Lino Leia's voice.

Last edited:
its on HnA.

My Review:

Prologue: I really like the harmonies and its generally a very relaxing song.

Koto no hoka yawarakai: I like the introductory strings. The vocals here are more in the old FJ kind of vocal distribution with more parts for Keiko / Yuriko. Boring strings in the bridge, vocal part is okay. I like the post - bridge harmonies alot! The Kajiurago at the end is Joelle or Hanae ?

Yakō toryō: Saeko Chiba era kind of song for sure. Really nice harmonies, its fun, but other than that its pretty forgetable, I could definetely see it as OP/ED song in one of those slice of life anime or rom-coms.

Beginning: Good thing that Keiko has the lead in this one too and not just Sore wa chiisana :) Her voice fits alot, makes it sound like Alleluia and Hikari no Chikara had a child XD. The next vocal is Kaori or Joelle ? im confused... I wish Yuriko's contribution was more than lalala lol

Mō kimi no koto o mitakunai: It still feels like Kajiura was looking for a Hikaru replacement when she chose rito. Her voice is okay though. Melody isnt bad, but pretty forgetable, i do like that the violin is around during all the song though. :)

Kai: To appreciate the song i definitely need a translation, or this sounds so boring *yawn* but i guess its good as lullaby lol. Really nice strings/piano at the bridge though.

Sōkyū no fanfāre: Its fun song, but also forgettable, it does fit however the overall atmosphere of the album.

Hachigatsu no orugan: Lino, the Wakana voice replacement. Feels like she should sing more powerfully at times but cant. Refrain is so much Wakana sounding! But she doesnt sound a bit different on the verses. Keiko on harmonies, obvious references ;) I find the melody annoyingly repetitive :(

Sore wa chīsana hikari no yōna: Starts a bit too slow but i LOVe the refrain, and the harmonies after the TV size end! Its probably the most interesting song in terms of melody arrangement and performance in the whole album! Love Yuriko's chorus at the end <3

from the edge probably follows in terms of powerful performance. Love Yuriko's chorus too! The strings at the end were new?

moonlight melody: Ugh why does Yuriko have to use cutesy voice at the beginning ? Her normal voice would be fine. From the lyrics I remember its really cute and heartwarming song. Gensou Rakuen cover when ? *_*

Sekai no hate: Was okay, glad we got a new Asuka vocal after such long time I still prefer her in wo ist kase song :P

Parade: Just as i said before, Parade seems a concert-closing song, and i think the Parade title actually refers to all the vocalists, guests, musicians coming on stage to bow to the audience :) It has parts that all vocalists can share and make a happy=go-lucky song.

Will later post my ranking too.

Last edited:
I was going to wait til I get back from my holidays to say what I think but.... Fuck me in the ass and call me Bob. I adore KOTONOHOKA. And I don't care if it's an unpopular opinion.

The instrumental bridge fucking sucks but when I tell you I lit up when Yuriko started breaking through to the lead in the second ?refrain, I really mean you could see the entire piano set of my teeth. The way everyone alternates and joins in in those hype refrains is some of the best vocal distribution Kajiura had on FictionJunction group songs. Then all the constant harmonizing, gah. Gib moar.

They could easily try to turn this into FJ's Ongaku during lives. Don't know how the audience will react, if they get the hype, but fuck me...

More from me tomorrow...

Thoughts:
-Prologue: Very prutty. They all sound so lovely singing Kajiurago. When are we getting FJ Kajiurago tracks in a soundtrack, Kajiura?
-Koto no hoka yawarakai: oh man, this slaps HARD. I love everything about it... well, maybe not the bridge since it's kinda basic. Sounds like SAO strings bgm hue. But the rest of the song is constant deliciousness. I don't even mind the lack of Joelle. Hope they don't perform it too early in the live. It's definitely their new hype song.
-Yako Toryo: Intadasting song for Kajiura. Never expected her to write something like this hue. Pretty cute. It sounds so bubblegum pop.Asca is not my favorite of the new bunch, but her voice works here. I think Joelle is singing the upper harmonies. Mebbe Keiko on the lower ones, or mebbe Asca herself?
-Beginning: Keiko sounds like two different singers in the verses and the refrain hue. I think Yuriko sounded more striking in the live version. Other than that it's lovely~
-Mo kimi no koto wo mita kunai: I hadn't noticed that keyboard synth in the live version. Mebbe it was replaced with the piano, I don't remember hue. Rito's voice sounds softer here. I said it before, reminds me of the Dreamfield era. I still very much like it.
-Kai: Proto Mizu no akashi hue. Once I got over the verses sounding like MnA I started to appreciate it. Aimer sounds so soulful in her delivery.
-Sokyuu no fanfare: eh, skip.
-Hachigatsu no organ: It took me a while to start appreciating this song after it was performed last year, but I started to enjoy it a while back. Still not sold on Lino Leia's voice.
-Sore ha chiisana hikari no you na: Nothing new to say, I love Keiko's version. I do miss the kewl drums, but that wasn't arranged by Kajiura.
-From the edge: Very generic Kajiura but I like it. The coolest part is the end with the KnY leitmotif.
-Moonlight melody: still lovely~ Is the cello during Joelle's part new? Don't remember it in the original.
-Seikai no hate: Asuka fits the song very well. Hope we get more Saeko songs in the future.

Honestly, I enjoyed it very mucho. Wish our girls had more songs, but eh, it is what it is. Only song I skip is Sokyuu no fanfare.
Now, what's next for FJ? Eisen Flugel theme song?

Koto no... is really growing on me. But still the verse reminds me a lot of THAT song of Kalafina and that annoys me.
And why I hear the voice of wakana singing kajiurago in the bridge? Is Joelle or Yuriko???

Honestly, I enjoyed it very mucho. Wish our girls had more songs, but eh, it is what it is. Only song I skip is Sokyuu no fanfare.
You're not the one. The whole album is pretty much elegant, don't you think that Soukyuu is out of place??

Now, what's next for FJ? Eisen Flugel theme song?
I hope... Would be great FictionJunction to start working (more) with old-style singles and not only digital, you know: the theme song, side b and instrumentals.

And why I hear the voice of wakana singing kajiurago in the bridge? Is Joelle or Yuriko???
I think the bridge is Yuriko and Joelle. Actually I'm not so sure anymore hue. At times it sounds like Kajiura is singing. Though I don't hear Wakana hue. And I do believe Joelle is the one singing the upper harmonies in the song and also sings the final line, so maybe it's Joelle singing the bridge too.

You're not the one. The whole album is pretty much elegant, don't you think that Soukyuu is out of place??
Not sure if out of place. I just don't plain like it lol.

Does anyone know what the KajiFes CD code is supposed to be for? I don't want to use it if it's just for tickets.
It's for the ticket lottery, I believe.

I give you
CREDITS

Code:
01. 「Prologue」
feat.
KAORI
KEIKO
YURIKO KAIDA
Joelle

All Keyboard & Programming: 梶浦由記

02. 「ことのほかやわらかい」
feat.
KAORI
KEIKO
YURIKO KAIDA
Joelle

Guitar: 是永巧一
Drums: 佐藤強一
Bass: 高橋"Jr."知治

今野均Strings
Violin: 今野均・漆原直美・亀田夏絵・亀井友莉・加藤光貴・芹田碧
        藤堂昌彦・石亀協子・渡邊栞・森本安弘
Viola: 菊地幹代・三品芽生
Cello: 稲本有彩・篠崎由紀
Contrabass: 赤池光治

03. 「夜光塗料」
feat. ASCA

KEIKO
Joelle

04. 「Beginning」
feat.
KAORI
KEIKO
YURIKO KAIDA
Joelle

05. 「もう君のことを見たくない」
feat. rito

KEIKO
YURIKO KAIDA
Joelle

今野均Strings
Violin: 今野均
Viola: 菊地幹代
Cello: 奥泉貴圭

06. 「櫂」
feat. Aimer

Programming: 梶浦由記

Piano: 櫻田泰啓
Cello: 稲本有彩

07. 「蒼穹のファンファーレ」
feat.
藍井エイル
ASCA
ReoNa

Flute: 赤木りえ
Chorus: YURIKO KAIDA

今野均Strings
Violin: 今野均・徳永友美・亀田夏絵・岡部磨知・森本安弘・堀内優里
        漆原直美・石亀協子・村井俊朗・渡邊栞
Viola: 生野正樹・菊地幹代・三品芽生
Cello: 奥泉貴圭・西方正輝

08. 「八月のオルガン」
feat. LINO LEIA

KAORI
KEIKO
YURIKO KAIDA
Joelle

今野均Strings
Violin: 今野均・徳永友美・漆原直美・石亀協子
Viola: 菊地幹代・二木美里

09. 「それは小さな光のような」
feat. KEIKO

KAORI
YURIKO KAIDA

今野均Strings
Violin: 今野均・徳永友美・漆原直美・石亀協子
Viola: 生野正樹・菊地幹代

10. 「from the edge」
feat. LiSA

Chorus: YURIKO KAIDA

今野均Strings
Violin: 今野均・徳永友美・漆原直美・城元絢花
Viola: 生野正樹・長石篤志
Cello: 西方正輝・村岡苑子

11. 「moonlight melody」
feat.
KAORI
KEIKO
YURIKO KAIDA
Joelle

Flute: 赤木りえ

今野均Strings
Violin: 今野均・漆原直美・亀田夏絵・亀井友莉・加藤光貴・芹田碧
        藤堂昌彦・石亀協子・渡邊栞・森本安弘
Viola: 菊地幹代・三品芽生
Cello: 稲本有彩・篠崎由紀

12.  「世界の果て」
feat.
結城アイラ

Piano: 櫻田泰啓

今野均Strings
Violin: 今野 均
Viola: 菊地幹代
Cello: 稲本有彩

13. 「Parade」
feat.
KAORI
KEIKO
YURIKO KAIDA
Joelle

今野均Strings
Violin: 今野均・徳永友美・藤堂昌彦・石亀協子
Viola: 生野正樹・三品芽生
Cello: 奥泉貴圭・稲本有彩
Code:
Music Credit
All songs written by 梶浦由記
Producer: 森 康哲(HIGHWAY STAR)

Recording & Mixing Engineer: 小岩孝志(SIGN SOUND)
Recording Engineer: 大平佳男(SIGN SOUND)
                    近藤真奈美(SIGN SOUND)
Assistant Director: 高橋日向子(HIGHWAY STAR)

Recording Studio: SOUND CITY / SOUND INN /
STUDIO SOUND VALLEY / FREEDOM STUDIO /
SOLID VOX STUDIO / SIGN SOUND STUDIO
Musicians Co-ordination: 須藤一男(HOT WAVE)
Score Support: 石川洋光
Management Office: FictionJunction Music / HIGHWAY STAR
KEIKO by the courtesy of Avex Entertainment Inc.
Mastering Engineer: 茅根裕司(Sony Music Studios Tokyo)
Mastering Studio: Sony Music Studios Tokyo

Executive Producer: 松村起代子(HIGHWAY STAR)
Executive Supervisor: 井上俊次(HIGHWAY STAR)

Last edited:
Thanks grunty!

KEIKO by the courtesy of Avex Entertainment Inc. > So she isnt in Highway Star but they pay to avex to use her artist name ?

? she never was on HIGHWAY STAR... and well, neither are any of the others. (Late correction: except rito and shuri. I completely forgot about the new singers.)

But yes, they probably have some deal with Avex. Or Keiko had something in her contract with Avex that allows her to work with Kajiura. v( '')v
The one we shall not mention probably knows more about this since it's related to Keiko.

Last edited:
I’m sure if WAKANA was still around she would’ve been the main vocal on Parade and a lot of us would be upset about it 😂😂😂 MYSELF INCLUDED NGL

Love the additional upper harmonies on keiko’s verses in Beginning

Damn Keiko in Sora wa chiisana. Damn.

Gonna listen more later

Back