Lyrics Corrections for All pages

https://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/kimi-ga-hikari/

@yuki.n @magicmagiamahou I want to ask for your opinion on the translation of this line.

Shinjiru koto no hakanasa wo kimi ga hikari ni kaete yuku
You turn the fragility of the things I believe in into light

I asked a translator friend on what he understood with "shinjiru koto" and said that it should not be "the things I believe in" but "belief itself". Elaborating further...

things I believe is better said as "shinjite iru koto"
belief in itself is "shinjiru koto"

Will you agree if we change the translation of this line as...
"You turn the transience of this belief of mine into light"?
Since hakana does not really mean fragile but being short-lived, transient.

I appreciate your thoughts on this.

From an anonymous person in chat:

Hi guys just looking through the site for lyrics (as per normal) but I've noticed that the lyrics for kalafina's moonfesta are missing a 鈴のね響いて at the end of the song. Just a heads-up. Please keep up the great work!!

Was just looking at the translation to "Love come down" and I think that it should be "inappropriate dream" instead of "rude dream". It's this word, and keep in mind the context: http://jisho.org/search/不埒

Correction for "Stone Cold": "damasareta basho" is "the place where I was deceived", not "a deceived place".

Corrections for "Eden":
"The dawn was tired of waiting" should become "comes the long-awaited dawn".
"Together with the baby's first cry" should become "since we first cried as babies" or even "since we first came to the world".

Correction for "neverending":
"After the street corner where I was supposed to catch up
I’m always laughing"
should become
"I should have caught up at that street corner
but they're always laughing a bit ahead"

Correction for "Hikari no senritsu": (Or actually not a correction, just rephrasing the last part so it flows better)
Soon your hands will grasp
the eternal truth
But you think you don't deserve it,
so instead, with a loud voice,
you named this song "hope" and cried
It will surely reach
the heart of the person you're dreaming of

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just looking at the translation to "Love come down" and I think that it should be "inappropriate dream" instead of "rude dream". It's this word, and keep in mind the context: http://jisho.org/search/不埒

Correction for "Stone Cold": "damasareta basho" is "the place where I was deceived", not "a deceived place".

Corrections for "Eden":
"The dawn was tired of waiting" should become "comes the long-awaited dawn".
"Together with the baby's first cry" should become "since we first cried as babies" or even "since we first came to the world".

Correction for "neverending":
"After the street corner where I was supposed to catch up
I’m always laughing"
should become
"I should have caught up at that street corner
but they're always laughing a bit ahead"

Correction for "Hikari no senritsu": (Or actually not a correction, just rephrasing the last part so it flows better)
Soon your hands will grasp
the eternal truth
But you think you don't deserve it,
so instead, with a loud voice,
you named this song "hope" and cried
It will surely reach
the heart of the person you're dreaming of

Love come down - "rude dreams" appears twice, changed to "inappropriate dreams" in two places
Stone Cold - done
Eden - done
Neverending - done
Hikari no Senritsu - done (and credited).

In Emerald Green, there's a kanji that got split into a different line from the rest of the word where it belongs.

The correction is this 小 that has to go to the line below:
何枚かの大きな葉と
小石拾い集め

Small addition for Consolation after seeing the 9+1 live.

Between "y0kubukai kokoro ga" and "mitasarete nemuru made" Keiko in the background sings "itsumo, michitemo" (いつも、満ちても)(always, even if it becomes satisfied). Should probably go in parenthesis.

Corrections for Seiya:

From above the stardust,
the final bell sounds
If this is a melody
I’ve heard for the first time
then why does it give me
this nostalgic feeling?

On the night that I was born
my mother cried and prayed
Because just one happy moment
was better than sadness,
she prayed for there to be many

Silent Night
On this freezing night
I warm the palms of my hands
at a small fire
Holy Night
I am always here
with both desire and serenity in my heart
Once upon a time on a Holy Night…
Silent Night

If my wish could be granted
just for tonight,
I'd like you,
the person I can't meet again,
to know that I'm happy to have met you

Silent Night
Far in the distance,
I hear singing voices
chasing a vivid chorus
Holy Night
Because right now I can say
that I'm happy to have been born,
from the bottom of my heart

Holy Night
Keep on searchin’ for love
in the darkness of winter day
Silent Night
I'd like you to know...
someday

Holy Night
Keep on searchin’ for love
in the darkness of winter day
Silent Night
Until the day we meet again
Good-bye…

From "far on the water":

ari no mama de
yukeru yori mo tooku wo
sashishimeshite

@nimsaj I understand that as "we aim further than we can go as we are currently" instead of "the truth is that we just point at a distance rather than actually going", what do you think?

(Just noticed this one now by coincidence)

Had a comment from GeneralLuke in the chat about Destination Unknown:

Code:
The part that says "指を伸ばす生きる楔が欲しくて【Stretching out our hands wanting a living lynchpin】". 
楔【くさび】 is translated as "lynchpin" but I think "lynchpin" should be "bond" in this context.

I dont know who had the weird idea to make romanji for originally english songs like this one https://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/the-world/

but the english should be on the left and the japanese to be presented as translation. I think the romaji should be deleted as they are useless, nobody is going to sing an originally english song in japanese and follow the lyrics (after all they wont match with the melody).

Hi, a few days ago I noticed an entry on the lyrics index at https://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/ without the kanji name of the song.

I'm manually searching for it now, but if there are any missing entries, they should be added to the index page so that a search on the kanji name of a song will find the lyrics entry.

If you know how its called then you can type it in Romaji and you would find it. Use the "find in page" option on the browser to search the lyrics index as the custom google search doesnt always work.

Back