Kaori Oda solo + collabs (non-YK / non-Sound Horizon)

Maybe.
1576932299742.png

Line Live screen capture from after her 21 December 2019 live.

As much as I like her i think the next album will flop too. I mean Gift had really good until great Songs and it only was on 129. But maybe it has some decent tracks

Last edited:
As much as I like her i think the next album will flop too. I mean Gift had really good until great Songs and it only was on 129. But maybe it has some decent tracks

Maybe if they gave it some promotion. From what I could see there was almost nothing. Plus, she didn't really tour much to promote it either. I keep comparing her to Miwa who is a Road Dog when it comes to touring. She gets the promotion to go with it.

Maybe if they gave it some promotion. From what I could see there was almost nothing. Plus, she didn't really tour much to promote it either. I keep comparing her to Miwa who is a Road Dog when it comes to touring. She gets the promotion to go with it.
I do not know but I think she lacks ambition. If she were more ambitious she would do everything to promote herself to a larger audience than the niche audience that are called her fandom. But I am not so sure. I think I would listen to her Album (I listen to her mostly on Youtube)

That's probably it. Whether she is or isn't, not pushing her career tells me she isn't ambitious. She seems content to record songs for games and random other things. If that's what she wants to do, then we have to respect and be patient for when she releases any new music.

Nearly forgot Kaori also had an impending album release... on the same day Wakana's released?

Of the three new "flower-themed" tracks, alstroemeria and cleome are pleasant to me. Blazing star, I may warm up to it in time. I'm very fond of the combo of Kaori + upbeat noir-ish jazz sound that some tracks on this album have, e.g. alstroemeria, suibi, and blazing star.

Kaori, as usual, is pleasant to hear. She comfortably flips to and from sounding confident and vulnerable in a way that... perhaps others have difficulty doing.

Does anyone know where to get
03Tsuioku no Rondo
04Koyoi, Mezameyaranu Yume wo
disc 2 Kaori Oda recent album flowers???

Probably have to wait till Thursday to see the week's sales rankings. It doesn't take much to get in to the top 50 on Oricon. 1400 pts (sales & streams) to get the 50th spot.

BTW: Flowers is 2444 yen for download off Oricon.

Looks like the first week she landed in 100th place. Considering she needed 1400 pts to get in to the top 50... I'd say her sales were not that great. I'm a bit sad. But again: Where's the promotion ? Not even a music video.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/417295/products/1347508/1/
I know she has a few lives set announced. Scandal and Miwa have full Summer tour schedules. It's so striking, the difference between them and Kaori. I feel frustrated she isn't doing more to build her career.

After listened to more than enough Songs of her albums, I wanted to make a ranking of all 5. And here it is with a short reasoning.
On 5 is Make it. Although Make it has some nice songs I like, like TRAP or Change or LoveX Infinity, most of the songs in the Album are not that outstanding, which makes it for me her weakest album. It is still listenable if you are a Fan of her.
Number 4 makes Place. Place has more songs and 2 of my top 10 favourites of her are on it, Calling and Honki no Uso. But most are kinda generic. so I think 4 is justified.
Number 3 is Colors. Colors has many songs I love like Addicted or Escape, it has a little bit less songs I like to listen to more than the following albums
Number 2 is the newest Album, Flowers. Here are some kind of songs I love, Alstroemeria, suibi and especially Inori Megurite, which is the only song with english Lyrics and despite some cheesy lines, I think this song may be one of the most heartwarming songs I have listened to.
Numer One is ironically the ALbum which has the worst ranking in terms of sales, Gift. Give it to you, which was the single of the album is weak, but Kibou no Kanata, Savanna no Hayate (my number one), Working, mindscape or stole my heart are really treasures.
In the next days I am gonna to make a review for all her songs on each Album.

Back