KALAFINA WILL BE IN MALAYSIA Anime festival Asia

Keiko butchered it...seriously...she was singing in staccato the whole time... :uh..: Facepalm...

Re:

^ maybe she was out of breath from all shouting and jumping around (and the other songs were all faster songs, too)... :XD: or wonder if it's maybe because they don't sing/practise/rehearse it as much? :ayashii: They don't sing many of the Seventh Heaven songs often anymore... :spotlight: Maybe cos it was the only ballad song in the line-up their voices were too shaky for singing a slow song from all the shouting and energy of the fast songs? :XD:

alarictay said:
Well normally in a recording...if u record from a small speaker, its possible that the tune is awkwardly off...
also the position of the recorder also affects the pitch sometimes cause certain speakers amplify different singers voices...i'm not trying to side or be bias for Kalafina but during the concert...Kalafina was ok, not perfect... and im sure that they weren't as bad as the in the recording cause Maon, Kotoko and FLOW all sounded in tune...the really OFF-PITCHED singers were Aimi and SeaA...especially Aimi...that's what called off-pitched...
Normally in Kalafina/FictionJunction concerts they have recorders surrounding the Singers, so when they take the recording urmm...it would be like a whole-rounded sound with equal intensity? Recording isn't really my field of study atm XD i only study music composition and music production/arrangement XD

Oh, I see...thanks, I don't really know much about recording machines and technology stuff :confu: :ohoho: :imdead:

Even though I wasn't there, just from the recroding, TTB was probably my fav too (Wakana :touched: ) , followed by maybe D.U, mostly because of Hikaru...and her "DEEEE-SSHHHOOOUUUUU" Rock Goddess battle-cry :ohoho:

LOL
followed by maybe D.U, mostly because of Hikaru...and her "DEEEE-SSHHHOOOUUUUU" Rock Goddess battle-cry

She was THE DARK HIKARU :ayashii: :ayashii: :ayashii: SHE WAS REALLY DARK :XD:

But in general, among all the singers that came
FLOW was the best :V: :V: :V: I would die for them to perform again!!! :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed:
Even though i'm not really a FLOW fan at all but...
if i were to rate their performance
Kalafina would get a 6/10
FLOW would get a 11/10 LOL :dote: :dote: :dote: :dote:
OMG FLOW :ohoho: :ohoho: :ohoho:

mm.. yeah.. FLOW's songs are nice!! :XD:

Though, thanks to...smart, calculating organizers who separated Kalafina and FLOW to two different days :uh..:

haha well there's no way they'll put aimi and sea*A together.

imo kalafina did well. not excellent, but it was still pretty good. to be honest i found the bg for one of their songs to be a bit overpowering (esp the bass). but it could be because i was in the front so.. -shrug-

keiko wasnt up to her usual, that we can tell. wakana's usually off in one or two songs. hikaru's not bad but her harmonizing could use a little improvement? sometimes i think they perform better without those earplug-things they use. haha, but erm.. nah they should know better.

if they're not used to the venue.. then its all the more reason they should travel to southeast asia and adapt to the environment. \o/ who knows, it might actually help with their singing (with the higher humidity and whatnot). no im not saying that just so they will come to SG more often xD

now it's my turn to say that it's funny, i have a perfect pitch too (i played piano, and gitar) Keiko never "butchered it" she makes it sounded "alive" it was a great harmony, i'm in the row D47, in fron of the speaker, so i do really know how it sounded back then, it was terrific!! :dote:, though i gotta admit that wakana really did off-tune, but it's only 1-2 times, the others are splendid

magia also sounds horrible...i don't think they will ever sing magia right... :uh..:

come on, hikaru! sing with vigor~ lol :XD:
and wakana.... :uh..:

Even without perfect pitch, it's not hard to tell they were off tune in some songs. However, even so......I WILL ALWAYS BLAME IT ON THE PA SYSTEM!!!! *throws self in negation* :ohoho:

eh? magia was aweeeesommeeeeeee. actually they were all awesome, except for some off-pitches here and there. but hay, its tough to all sing high and sound perfect right off the bat. as long as they adjust their pitching immediately, there's no issue of concern.

DU \o/! but the bg beats for DU was a little odd.

and yes! Mayu i agree! HAHAHA ITS ALWAYS THE PA SYSTEM! =x

but seriously, i'll be disturbed if they brought perfect studio-version singing to live singing. studio-versions, im not sure but i believe they have more or less been tweaked. lives are: what you see/hear is what you get. its THEM. im not paying to hear copies from studios, im paying to hear kalafina, wakana, keiko, and hikaru.

Actually, most fans do not really mind if they go off tunes sometimes. I mean, at least it proves that they are not lip synching. I see our Kalafina girls as singers, not entertainers like most idol groups. :sparkleguy:

well, to me..magia sounds horrible in the video.
dunno how it sounded live.
and usually it sounds ehh live.

i agree that it would be boring hearing a live that sounded like the studio versions. i've been to many lives where i was not disappointed and was even better that the cds! way better.(buck-tick ftw hahaha :XD: ) so i think i know what i'm talking about when i say that their lives kinda hurt my ears and kinda disappoint. lol. of course i was happy and i danced and i shouted during their concerts, but it doesn't change the fact that they actually did butcher some songs :XD: but then again, they're only human right? but then again, i've been to lives where no songs were butchered, songs didn't sound like the studio vers, and i was astonished and sooo amazed by the live. don't get me wrong though...the girls do have their shining moments :sohappy:

this is my opinion on their lives...

ah right, i listened to the video and stopped. lol. not sure what i heard, the audience or the girls. so yeah.

bah the clearest moment was probably wakana's solo in ongaku. fanpeople finally kept silent (as silent as fanpeople can be). >.> (and it sounded way better than the after eden sp live!).

hmm if kalafina's issue is with their consistency during live performances, they should just MORE live performances then. OUTSIDE of japan too. \o/

Re:

xcad said:
hmm if kalafina's issue is with their consistency during live performances, they should just MORE live performances then. OUTSIDE of japan too. \o/

my thought exactly :ohoho:

missjasminnn said:
dunno how it sounded live
Can try sampling that audio recording provided a few pages back if you wish. Might sound a bit better than the vid...... if you can bear with a bit of shrieking from those all-fired-up fans (myself NOT included)... :psst:

/kinda' off-topic: Why were some of the faces blurred out in that video? They can't possibly be that hideous... :confu:

Re:

AYYX said:
They can't possibly be that hideous... :confu:
ひどいwwww :XD:

Anyway, maybe it's to respect their privacy? Some people may choose not to have their faces shown in public media. I've seen a lot of Japanese websites where they censor all of the other faces in the photos apart from the individuals (e.g. celebrities) mentioned in the articles.

^ Sounds weird (to me) for a public programme, but perhaps it's just culture I'm unfamiliar with. Understandable then... thanks for clarifying! :bow:

If only you people heard the guy behind me who sang (LOUDLY) along Wakana's high notes in Kimi ga.
Guy voice + cracking+ off-pitch + unholy loud = earcancer of the highest level

^ And if only you people saw the guy somewhere near me who was dancing wildly during Maon's fast songs... and never mind that he pulled out a notebook with neatly-copied lyrics to sing along during the slow ones... :psst:

Won't go so far as to call it 'eyecancer', but he was pretty tall (couple of heads more than myself, for those who know me), so too bad for those behind him who were trying to see anything. Incidentally, no one stood around him. :ohoho:

Re:

Yasogami said:
If only you people heard the guy behind me who sang (LOUDLY) along Wakana's high notes in Kimi ga.
Guy voice + cracking+ off-pitch + unholy loud = earcancer of the highest level

The only difference is that he's probably not a professional singer, so he does not need to perform at least above average.

Back