KALAFINA WILL BE IN MALAYSIA Anime festival Asia

^The photos are actually much larger than that...I guess imgur resized them. :ayashii: But lol yes, they're glowing~ :plot:

AYYX said:
Also, please do go wash thy hands. I know you weren't the one who actually got to hug them, but still... :psst:
:fwa: You mean you thought I didn't wash my hands when I came out of the washroom? :spotlight: My love for Kalafina hasn't overridden my sense of hygiene...well, not yet anyway :XD:

magnolia~ said:
Next time if they go to SG and I decide to go and catch them there, I'll be in your care lol~ :tea:
Hehe, I'd gladly be at your service :V:

Speaking of Singapore, I would like to recount my very brief exchange with Kalafina at the autograph session, which certain people I have met might have already heard several times (eheh). It went something like this...

Me: "IsawyouinSingaporeIamveryhappyIgottoseeyouagain!"
Hikaru: "Thank you!"
Keiko: *raises both fists in front of her and shakes them enthusiastically* "Of course! Mochiron!"
Me: *blank look*
Hikaru: *puts hand on Keiko's shoulder and leans towards her ear, translating what I said*
Keiko: "Ah." *turns back to me without missing a beat, every bit as enthusiastic as before* "Thank you! Arigatou!"

LOL, Keiko~ :XD: The memory of her shaking her fists and declaring "Of course! Mochiron!" will lift my spirits for days to come.

I would also like to propose the theory that Keiko's initial response was due to the fact that she thought I was asking/telling them to come to Singapore. So...Singapore...mochiron...? :ayashii:

CruelAngel said:
:fwa: You mean you thought I didn't wash my hands when I came out of the washroom?
Not really, but just in case. :innocent:
Besides, it was quite the good opportunity to bring up "that hugging thing" once again... :psst:

Re:

HimeWakana said:
will someone be recording the fuji tv broadcast?
:sohappy: onegaii
I would gladly do so...but uh, I don't see any time in that announcement?

CruelAngel said:
magnolia~ said:
Next time if they go to SG and I decide to go and catch them there, I'll be in your care lol~ :tea:
Hehe, I'd gladly be at your service :V:
Thank you, you are very kind. :XD: And if the Singapore mochiron is anything to go by...that might be happening quite soon. :plot:

AYYX said:
Did you...... pass your opinions along to her? :psst: /is smacked hard
LOL nope. :XD:

I merely said "otsukaresama deshita" and spoke to her about her stage event. Nothing along the lines of saying she looks cute unfortunately. Haha was warring with myself whether to say it or not coz I was tempted to by impulse but decided not to in case it'll come off as sounding awkward. Then again, it shouldn't be awkward for a girl to tell another girl she's cute, right?
:ohoho:

Oh, I had a look through your photos. Really great shots of the folks at the press conference! Could see their faces very well! And nice coverage of the exhibition halls too! :goodjob:

CruelAngel said:
LOL, Keiko~ :XD: The memory of her shaking her fists and declaring "Of course! Mochiron!" will lift my spirits for days to come.
LOL not hands but FISTS? That's the Macho Senpai for you. :sparkleguy:

And thank you for sharing your video of the press conference! It's nothing short of valuable media for the lot of us who couldn't attend the event! :goodjob:

Thanks to everyone else who contributed their photos too! :V:

Keiri said:
Could see their faces very well! And nice coverage of the exhibition halls too!
Thanks for thy encouraging words! :bow: All the more reason to thank my friend well when I return her camera. 12 megapix + 'Resolution Priority' really ain't no kiddin'! :XD:

Must say though, even judging by the most generous standards, my photos don't cover even half the entire ground. Didn't snap quite a number of shops (+ some of the really lovely cosplayers :psst:)...... will pay more attention next time, if and when next time comes round. :plot:

Re:

Adhara said:
Keiko said 'I WILL BE BACK' very loud before she leave the stage.

Yes. Please :plz:

Adhara said:
some even said to teir friend that - why you didn't introduce Kalafina to me earlier ?? :XD:

New fan~ :TdT:

Thanks AYYX for the recording & photos!
Thanks magnolia for the photos!
Thank you cruelangel for the press video~
And thank you all for attending the concert. It made them happy :sohappy:

I really like this live. My favorites are Destination Unknown, To The Beginning, Magia & Sprinter.
Thank god I'm not good in music at all. So i don't find their live ear cancer or anything. Em... that is to said my standard isn't so high :XD:

about the live, when I heard Magia I thought finally, they've mastered Magia! :XD:
the others were okay; destination unknown and Ongaku were pretty good
for to the beginning...well, I didn't expect them to nail it or anything :ohoho: I'm sure it'll take them a while to get the live to sound really good. It sounded better than the nico live, though
the one thing that was really annoying for me is the fangirl in the background singing along with the songs :blood: you go to concerts to hear people sing, not to sing yourself right? that's what karaoke is for

The fangirls/fanboys screams were too loud.
But can't blame them 100% though.. since this is really a rare opportunity.. who would have imagine that Kalafina will come to Malaysia? :XD: (Now I want Yuki, Kaori & Yuriko! :nosebleed: )
Although I really want to enjoy the songs without the background scream... :XD:

They also said about the screen special effects.... that must be kind of disturbing too...

the big screen for the back audience....? a special effect for their performance...? i dont know... :XD:

Re:

aki said:
the one thing that was really annoying for me is the fangirl in the background singing along with the songs :blood: you go to concerts to hear people sing, not to sing yourself right? that's what karaoke is for
KONIcchi said:
The fangirls/fanboys screams were too loud.
I guess this also depends on where you are in the hall? From where I was there wasn't any obnoxious cheering and no one around me sang along out loud either. But AYYX was in the free standing zone at the back, and I did notice that the fans in the free standing are a lot louder than the ones in front. Or maybe because there were 5 speakers in front of me and it overpowered the cheering...

aki said:
They also said about the screen special effects.... that must be kind of disturbing too...
screen special effects? :ayashii:
Um, what that was is "special effects" like fireworks and the like were projected on the big screen over the stage footage. So it's like you do see the girls, but they have random weird patterns effects over them. :uh..: What's really strange is that they didn't do this for Maon or Aimi, just Kalafina. In fact, if I recall correctly, during Magia the girls weren't even shown on the big screen. Instead there was a fire animation and the stage lighting went crazy with the shadowing and stuff. It was all good though, added to the dark feel of magia~ :ayashii:

sourbrick said:
It's over this morning right? :omg:
:desksweat: They use the 24-hour system right? I automatically assumed it was in the evening... :desksweat:

Re: Re:

magnolia~ said:
Um, what that was is "special effects" like fireworks and the like were projected on the big screen over the stage footage. So it's like you do see the girls, but they have random weird patterns effects over them. :uh..: What's really strange is that they didn't do this for Maon or Aimi, just Kalafina.
I guess the reason for this is because Jungo was also there at AFA MY working together with Kala. IIRC, he's the technician in charge of the CG special effects you see on the huge screens in YK and Kala's lives. Not sure whether he's also responsible for the stage lighting etc. but it's likely he is.

magnolia~ said:
:desksweat: They use the 24-hour system right? I automatically assumed it was in the evening... :desksweat:
Ah, really sorry about this! Guess I should have made it clear way earlier that I now follow the 24-hour time system when posting media news. My apologies! :bow:

Hopefully someone will upload the show on Youtube. There are quite a number of Mezamashi TV episodes/snippets there so maybe Kala's part will eventually show up.

First of all: OMG CRUELANGEL YOU HUGGED THEM?!! Like, HUGGED??? As in, made physical contact with Kalafina??!!!! :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

SO LUCKKKKYYYYY :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

/is incredibly jealous
:imdead: :XD:

I actually really liked Wakana's parts in TTB where she took over Hanae :shy: Lacrimosa and Magia were great :hearts: Kimi ga Hikari was beautiful too, but obviously not as good as the Seventh Heaven DVD version, D.U and Ongaku were also great - Wakana began a bit off on her kajiurago solo but she nailed her high note this time :hearts: But yeah, agree with alarictay, she did relatively well in TTB, better than I thought she would in that solo part (I loved it! Omg! I felt like she put more power into this live than the recorded version :touched:)and I also adored the 'sunda mizu no naka he' line straight after the Hanae part (which sounds so high in the recording for some reason…)

HIKARU IS SO EPIC she completely owned D.U., Magia and her parts in Ongaku~~ :hearts: I really luuuuurve her deeper voice :hearts: Her huge kickass "DEEEEEEEEEE-SHOOOUUUUUU" in D.U. was probably one of the highlights for me :touched:

Keiko was great too, I actually did love her in Kimi ga Hikari despite what people were saying about her being offtune (I heard it a bit but it didn't seem that much… :confu: ...but then...I wouldn't trust my hearing :desksweat: :XD: ) Her voice was just so rich and warm… :dote: :dote: :dote: And of course as usual she was epic and so hyped up in Ongaku :XD:

Also, was it just me, or did anyone else think Keiko's mic was turned up really loud? :confu: At some points during listening I couldn't hear Hikaru/Wakana over Keiko… :confu: Actually, I don't know if she's just a quiet singer compared to the other two but I couldn't really hear Wakana all that well until her solo in Ongaku and during TTB. Especially at the end of Kimi ga Hikari, even though she was soloing for some reason her voice was rather quiet :confu: . Hikaru's volume was alright, though.

But at some parts I couldn’t really tell if it was Kala singing out of tune or that random fan who was singing along as well…annoying, but oh well, can't blame them I guess, they must have been super excited :XD: (but I did get annoyed with the people who were talking throughout Keiko's part in Kimi ga Hikari :glower: LISTEN YOU PEOPLE TO THAT DIVINE VOICE :listen: :XD:) Also...was that AYYX who was the really loud guy cheering in one or two parts? :XD: He sounded really close to the recorder so I presume it was AYYX :XD:

And Wakana's falsetto seems to be recovering from that choppiness she seemed to have recently, it sounded much nicer this time round than previously :shy: :sohappy: I really liked it~

My fav parts:
Keiko in Kimi ga Hikari - yes, it might've been out of tune but I didn't notice it enough for it to ruin the song for me :ohoho:
Actually, the whole first half of Kimi ga Hikari I liked :dote: and the very ending, Wakana's last line was nice~ :shy:
Hikaru's huge "DEEEEEEEEE-SHOOOUUUUUUUU" in D.U. The Hikaru, Rock Goddess :hearts: :bow:
Wakana's chorus singing in sprinter, as well as Hikaru throughout the whole song :shy:
Keiko in Ongaku :love:
Wakana's kajiurago in TTB and solo part in TTB: "kotowari sae kono te de, kirisaite...

Kirei na tsuki no hikari wa, tada shizuka ni hajimari he"… as well as her "sunda mizu no naka he" a bit before that
I also liked Keiko's opening in TTB :sohappy:

Well, obviously TTB was perfect but like aki said, I'm sure they'll get better with practice. Only, I don't know if Wakana will start vocally dying again if they sing TTB with manten all the time since both songs seem to be really difficult for her :omg:

In conclusion, due to my dodgy hearing, incredible Kala-love bias and the fact that I probably have lower standards which are 'satisfactory' for me, I like this time's live :goodjob: I won't say they were perfect, but I loved it anyway and think they were awesome and did a great job :goodjob: :love: :sohappy:

magnolia~ said:
Or maybe because there were 5 speakers in front of me and it overpowered the cheering...
Perhaps this too. I would say that you were closer to your closest set of speakers than myself to mine.
magnolia~ said:
It was all good though, added to the dark feel of magia~ :ayashii:
Yeah, 'cept that most free-standers (like myself) got to see them less... :desksweat:
Cerise said:
OMG CRUELANGEL YOU HUGGED THEM?!!
Nope, some anon. T'was a female right, Angel? :tea: At any rate, lucky thing!!! :touched:
Still, new episode ideas...? :psst:
Cerise said:
Also...was that AYYX who was the really loud guy cheering in one or two parts? :XD:
Did you not read my disclaimer......? :rain: I'd learnt much from last year's experience (maybe trial run, of sorts), y'know...... :glasses:
Cerise said:
The Hikaru, Rock Goddess :hearts: :bow:
Understatement. Pity you couldn't see her/them dance. :sparkleguy: :kungfu: :whip: :ohoho:

Re: Re:

KP-X said:

Okay. I still stand by my opinion that it was beyond amateur and I don't need excuses as to why it was that bad anymore.
It seems nobody mentioned this but for some reason Keiko decided to shout for at least 80% of the whole show. Maybe she got tired of being the back vocal most of the time and decided she has to impose her voice.

i think she has a pretty valid reason for being off. i dont think its easy for her to perform with her wisdom tooth issue lurking around. (i havent read around the forums yet so.. i assumed what i guessed from 3 weeks ago was that she went for wisdom tooth op or smthg). im pretty sure you heard her semi-hoarse voice during one of the first few mcs.

Back