KALAFINA WILL BE IN MALAYSIA Anime festival Asia

They need to stop doing so many events. Kalafina has like 4 events on August, and YKLive 9.

Kalafina should take, at least, half a year off, and then release their 4th album (with an anime tie in to boost sales huehuee).

Having too much to do in a month stresses not only them but their voices as well. We should ask/suggest to them to take a break.

Yep..they really have lot of live events, but I'm sure that Yuki knows what is the right thing to do *_______*

to be honest, i feel that kajiura-sama also needs a break. i love her songs, dont get me wrong, but i just feel that its getting to be a little more towards the reuse-recycle system. then again, kajiura-sama on a break =/= kalafina on a break.

MAIN PROBLEM is with kalafina's management. the problem doesnt lie with the three ladies themselves. i wont know for certain, but i can guess that the girls do NOT have much say for the events/activities lineup. what they have, is probably a free rein to do what they want FOR/DURING the event. therefore, they have to work with what they have, and it appears to be too much.

sure, the ladies are old enough to decide for themselves just when enough is enough, and request for a break. but what if, the management are the ones who have an iron grip on who gets breaks, who doesnt, and how long a break?

plus like i said, if its about wakana, i doubt she finds her participation in two groups to be taxing on her. a few times i wonder if wakana is actually trying too hard thus resulting in some less than perfect performances.

I have to agree with everything Aero and the others said in the latest conversation :uh..: Wakana does have to rest if she wants to save her voice. But the problem is that it's pretty much impossible with her schedule and I doubt their management will allow them to have a half a year break, because at that time they won't bring any money :uh..:

And looking at the current situation, Kalafina is selling well. No way they're letting them rest, at least until they reach break-even point :TdT:

Re: Re:

nomakegirl said:
aero.senpai said:

I confess I didn't understand almost nothing, but it does seem like what is going on with Wakana.

About Kala having tons of events to do: that's not the only problem. Hikaru and Keiko aren't showing any signs of the trouble that Wakana seems to be going through.

About their management: they can go to hell LOL It's someone's health on the line, Wakana should just say "I'll be off until I figure what's wrong with my voice and fix it". It's obivous that they just let things go without giving a damn, because: 1. For the fails at singing, there is always studio magix to fix it; 2. good percentage of their fandom don't really seem to care about the overall performance quality, only for their looks (well, that's pop music, after all XD).

About the "Yuki knows what to do" groove: don't think so. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Kajiura only studied piano, and thus he has no special knowledge to deal with voice problems.

About..wait, that was all XD

aero.senpai said:
2. good percentage of their fandom don't really seem to care about the overall performance quality, only for their looks (well, that's pop music, after all XD).

I must say, that this is something I really do care about. I play instruments and would call myself an average musician, so perhaps that's why? Also, having carried out studio magic on singers and players myself, I have grown to really dislike groups that can't pull off reasonable live performances.

While I still love Kala, I must admit, some of the initial magic I felt has been lost. I was sending people links to the special live videos saying "Listen to these fantastic voices!" - but I'm pretty sure now that the DVD lives have autotune on them, though very subtle. I still think those performances sound totally natural, but they are just leaps and bounds above EVERYTHING ELSE they've done, it just isn't realistic to think so. xD I am hoping they'll prove me wrong, or someone at the special lives will show up to say that, in fact, they did sing flawlessly well.

:ohoho:

Re:

george1234 said:
^ She has also studied engineering but that's totally unrelated. XD
Bu then i hope she have the engineer's mindset, that helps her to see over problems :ohoho:

wakana has a more sensitive personality. what if she shows exhaustion more easily than hikaru or keiko?

aero.senpai said:
nomakegirl said:
aero.senpai said:

I confess I didn't understand almost nothing, but it does seem like what is going on with Wakana.

Sorry, what I meant to suggest was that Wakana's troubles could be due to bad habits in singing developed over the course of the last few years, which cause her to sing in an incorrect fashion and strains the voice.

There are few excellent soprano trainers left, because in general the world has moved away from opera. Maybe Wakana's voice trainer just isn't good enough. No doubt even a few sessions with a top class trainer would make a significant impact on Wakana's voice. Time-wise, this would be easier to swing than say, a 2 month vacation.

Somebody, kidnap a trainer and send him to FJ Club :P

nomakegirl said:
There are few excellent soprano trainers left, because in general the world has moved away from opera. Maybe Wakana's voice trainer just isn't good enough. No doubt even a few sessions with a top class trainer would make a significant impact on Wakana's voice. Time-wise, this would be easier to swing than say, a 2 month vacation.

Somebody, kidnap a trainer and send him to FJ Club :P

We still have them here... see http://www.anats.org.au or even http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/guila.tiver

Surely they must have some good opera teachers in Japan too?

Opera and musicals are still big around the world. I don't think there is any shortage of good vocal teachers.

I don't know guys - It's completely out of our hands. How many other ways can we say "Wakana sounds like she needs a rest, coaching or both" :blood:

What is the best performance you've heard from the girls, that isn't from an edited live? A few of you have compared 2009, 10 and 11 performances in relation to the changes in Wakana's voice - but there are so few available on YouTube that aren't edits, it's pretty hard to find a reliable indication for what her singing used to be like! :uh..:

^ I would say a good indication is FictionJunction's Epithalimion/Hanamori no Oka performance at Hokuto no Ken Wedding. It was just before Kalafina began, as far as I know, and while Wakana's voice was not perfect, she was holding notes and had a better tone than she does now in my opinion. Not only that, but it's one of the few unedited performances from 2008 or so.

Wakana gets to sing almost all of Hanamori, since Kaori was busy with Sound Horizon that day. Personally, I actually prefer Wakana's voice to Kaori's for this song.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L8ZrLKyBLU[/youtube]

Oh that the first video ever some called "earcancer" :XD: So I would definitely not call it representative of her performing skills.

Okay I think that this discussion should continue to the vocal discussion thread here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3184 and focus again on the thread title topic.

Anyway I am of the opinion that popping up the vocal issues in every single Kalafina thread is kind of tiring for everyone, especially since it has already been discussed countless times since at least 3 years ago, so there's no point stretching it further. This will help all, those that want to dicuss will know where to discuss them and some others that are bothered by seing it poping up in every Kalafina thread, will be at ease and will start posting normally again :)

Kajiura may have ONLY studied piano, but I think she has some or a bit of knowledge in voices as well.

and while Wakana's voice was not perfect, she was holding notes and had a better tone than she does now in my opinion.

I agree. Her high notes sound way better in this performance.

Back