Kalafina single "Believe" 19/11/2014

If anything they would call for German I would think

Possibly. Then again they didn't use German for Magia, and considering Madoka's considerable Faust influences it'd have made more sense there. There's at least a couple of German covers of Magia around too which are nice.

Possibly. Then again they didn't use German for Magia, and considering Madoka's considerable Faust influences it'd have made more sense there. There's at least a couple of German covers of Magia around too which are nice.
Good point. Then again, Kalafina songs don't tend to have extensive lyrics in other languages - the only ones I can think of are Greek, Latin, and English. So if there was to be a Spanish or German song, FictionJunction would be a better bet

Well the only reason for them to make a German song is due to the Eizenburg family in which are Iliya, Iliasviel and Kiritsugu, but afaik UBW is about Rin. As fom foreign-to-japanese languages english or german would be more possible considering the recently hype for german songs in anime, Hiroyuki Sawano's songs for Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan, Iwasaki Taku's songs for Kasahara and the Madoka bgms in german (noi, witch world #2).

^ which language ? Are you sure they didnt just translated the title ?
http://dictionnaire.sensagent.com/creer/fr-el/

It's the Spanish verb 'to believe' . Since its the Mayalsian FB page, I wouldn't have expected them to write a Spanish translation . Their posts are in English/Mayalsian . But with the Einzbern and the German influence in the nasuverse, I would of expected a German title! Guess we'll wait and see

I really hope that once a day, a Kalafina song will be entirely in a foreign language, especially Spanish or English, it may be their key to an international success! Please Yuki-sama, write this song fully in Spanish! :XD:

@Daiima:
: Okay then I ask you to write a song fully in african!! Go study the language and then after a few years use it for just one song :P

daiima , things like that arent as easy as they look, since even if Kajiura knew Spanish, there's always the problem of the girls not having they requered pronounciation to sing it, and it would sound really strange. They are still struggling to learn english, so an english song in the future isnt unlikely. An other language, besides german maybe, is out of the question imo.

Even Akiko Shikata who gets her lyrics translated by language institutes, is hit and miss when she sings songs in greek (dunno about other languages)

Last edited:
Even Akiko Shikata who gets her lyrics translated by language institutes, is hit and miss when she sings songs in greek (dunno about other languages)

The lyrics themselves are proper but her pronunciation is always LOLz worthy.

Anyways, my earlier comment was directed at the notion that an English (or any other) language song could help Kalafina with international success. That is just silly.

^ yes that's what I meant when I said "when she sings" :)

Back on topic, they sure take their sweet time to announce the single....

Last edited:
I think that they wait for the recording to be totally finished to officially announce the release :)

Anyways, my earlier comment was directed at the notion that an English (or any other) language song could help Kalafina with international success. That is just silly.

My comment was a joke too. Still, I know no artist with a worldwide mainstream commercial success who don't sing in English (Psy is not a good example, it was no commercial success, only a meme). I don't know if Japanese songs are mainstream in Southern Asia, but in Western countries, you must sing either in English or in the national language (or the one of an adjecent country) to succeed.

My comment was a joke too. Still, I know no artist with a worldwide mainstream commercial success who don't sing in English (Psy is not a good example, it was no commercial success, only a meme). I don't know if Japanese songs are mainstream in Southern Asia, but in Western countries, you must sing either in English or in the national language (or the one of an adjecent country) to succeed.

Best shot there would be either Rammstein or Sigur Rós. Sure, they aren't *extremely* popular, but they're names that everyone knows and bands that have performed at major festivals, have had their music played on TV channels and across the radio in English countries despite singing in a different language to English.

Well, I know the first one (which is exceptionnaly skilled), not the second one... Well, nothing is impossible, but some factors may boost chances.

I think they speak English well, and have gotten better at singing it. (For oblivious for example, in the recording it still sounds Japanese-ish, but the more recent lives, she sings is pretty well, with the L sound more dominant. Since their L's are almost always R's in Japanese.) So back then they would have sung Believe Berievu, but now I think they will pronounce it right... though, heavenly blue was still bruuu. lol Anyways, I think they can still have English phrases in the songs, and that will be enough, since I know most of their songs by heart while singing with them, since I listened to them a million times, even though I don't know Japanese. :P (But I think Yuuka must have had a hard time with Cazador, though maybe she studied Spanish, not sure. I think it's more likely for the Japanese to study English.)

I want to see new dresses! And yeah, it's less than a month till we hear the tv size, which I am excited for. So I guess if we don't hear a sample of it before then I won't be mad, I will be happy since I want to be surprised.

But I think Yuuka must have had a hard time with Cazador, though maybe she studied Spanish, not sure. I think it's more likely for the Japanese to study English

Spanish is probably easier for Japanese people than English. Pronunciation of most vowels, consonants, and all those sounds are pretty similar.
And really, if they can sing Kajiurago, they can sing in Spanish, hue.

release information finally
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/kalafina/info/444611

kalafina_believe_main_L.jpg

:ayashii:

I had to stare for a good 10 seconds to recognize them. Stunning and wicked! Though Wakana looks intense, she's almost glaring at me:omgz:

Keiko's fringe is missing , does that mean she won't have one in the PV?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they supposed to be Servant spirits on that cover ?

I so its probably Gilgamesh Saber and I dunno the third, judging from the necklaces

We havent had a cover like that since progressive :XD:

Back