Kalafina single "Believe" 19/11/2014

Well the title seems plausible for a F/SN song and the date sounds right considering the Fall airing of the series, so things match up in my eyes.

I'm expecting something pretty upbeat.

Yeah, as scarce as the details are at this early stage, it sounds about right. There's a chance that it's a provisional title, but still. Teaching myself the language is painfully slow, so I'm grateful to anyone who spots info like this and is able to translate what's written. Thank you! :goodjob:

I'm sure this thread will be several pages long soon enough...

The title gives off an upbeat aura, but since we always fell wrong, its probably going to be a upbeatish ballad like Kagayaku, Aria or Kimi ga hikari ni kaete iku

...What a hopelessly generic title. I mean, I've got two different anime-openings with that title on my iPod and yet another song from a visual novel also called that in my music-folder.

And that is all I have to say on the matter for the time being. Well, that and, a new single? And here I assumed their next release would be their fifth album release... "Fifth" because I don't really count the best-of releases, what with them only having one new song each... and one of said new songs being just an instrumental arrangement of misterioso. Well, I guess even then, the fact that they did just release two full-length compilation-CDs would mean that the fifth proper album with a significant amount of new content won't be coming out just yet.

It was announced quite a while ago that they'd be doing the ending for the new Fate/Stay Night, so a single was inevitable.

@ Starfish: Singles are a way to get more money for less, for example, 12 $ for 2-3 songs is too much compared to 30$ for 15 songs that albums have, so they always release the anime / game related songs (op/ed) in singles to make sure they get the most of the songs value, and they rarely do it in albums, eg out of all the Kara no Kyoukai Kalafina songs, only seventh heaven (the song) was released in album. So actual albums also work as compilation albums, but instead of compling the best, they complie the songs from the singles.

I think that in US/EU artists only release albums, so these dont work as compilation works, because they all are new songs or unreleased material.

Yeah, it's pretty standard practice to release a couple of singles before an album, if only to promote the said album through radio play or whatever.

I can't think of any other music market outside of Japan that routinely sells CD singles though. In the US and Europe, packaged media is all albums and EPs now. It makes sense when budgets are tight (I'm still paying for the Paris Expo trip...!:punched:) but I sometimes miss the days of finding cool b-sides that were bundled with [insert fave band/artist's name here]'s latest single. The thing I don't miss is the old 90s/early 2000s prices.*

*It's a bit off-topic and I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I bought my first album in 1998 for £12.99. To replace it today, I'd pay less than £10 on amazon or in HMV! Taking inflation into account, UK music prices are quite a bit lower than they were ten or fifteen years ago. Japanese music fans on the other hand still have to pay the same relatively eye-watering prices that we used to!

Well, artists in the US/UK do release singles sometimes. Examples: Evanescence, Natalie Imbruglia, Ashlee Simpson. But most of the time yeah, it's just albums, and EPs, which are short albums.

Ooooh like the title. Reminds me of Skillet's Believe. lol And I actually have always thought ARIA fits the Fate genre. Even Fate/Zero, even though it came out after the song. So a song like it would fit it perfectly. It just has this medieval feel to the song. I can't wait until Oct to hear the tv size! I think it will be better than Heavenly Blue, it actually made me think Alleluia, which would be nice. I want another Wakana/Keiko song though, since we don't have many of those, with Hikaru just in the background, not that i'm saying it would be bad to have her, or one that uses all three equally would be nice too.

@Liana: And Kajiura should also start again the cross-matching of the lyrics that sound like a theatrical play (like in obliviious, kimi ga hikari and kizuato) giving only solos that each just follow each other makes the songs a bit boring imo. and she should also dont forget to add transitions *heavenlyblue*

(I mean these parts:

yoru wo asa wo hiru wo
hoshi wo yume wo
natsu wo fuyu wo toki wo kaze wo
mizu wo tsuchi wo sora wo

Hashi wo watatta kawa no mukou made
Ashita wa kitto
Mahiru no naka de
Haru wa amaku fukaku kaoru no deshou
Yume kara samete
Hito wa nani wo sagasu no
)

What an optimistic tittle! Would be funny if like consolation, the tempo and style of the song is a paradox to its tittle :ayashii:

thats also a quick release after heavenly blue! Then again
I'm sure the girls are always a song ahead of us! not looking
forward to picking one out of 4 editions, whst happend to the
two editions era?! :omg:

I like the title, it reminded me of two songs by Maon Kurosaki and LiSA xD I don't really think it sounds Kalafinesque but it's a nice one. It would be wonderful if it could turn out to be like the song I dreamed of (an upbeat and dark ballad that reminded me of Tsuioku) :plot:

not looking
forward to picking one out of 4 editions, whst happend to the
two editions era?! :omg:

Its to make fans buy all 4 or at least 2 of them. Each cover will have a different pose, the LEs will have something extra (pamplet/mousepad), the anime edition will probably have a saber or Rin, and if we are lucky, a mix of the title song. I just hope they do a good job with the PV this time. All their PVs except Kagayaku lacrimosa seventh heaven, symphonia and moonfesta are so boring =_= I guess the sony boses dont mind it as long as people buy the LEs anyway :desksweat:

I'll buy on of the LE, If the division will be the same of TTB, Moonfesta and Kimi no gin no niwa :)

Back