Kalafina single "Believe" 19/11/2014

Wow.
In every nothing is exactly the kind of Kalafina song that I usually love (Serenato, Tsuioku). I'm so grateful; now I only wish we get to listen to a live version. That would be a dream. (It also reminded me to The world, but I'm not sure why).
Lapis is such a beautiful ballad! I specially love when they first sing together. I also like how Keiko's voice is sweet, but not too much. I can imagine her smiling as she sings. :plz:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ eh, i can still access it. Will try downloading later and upload if it still doesnt work (and if anyone uploads befoee me)

Wakana+Keiko+Hikaru= Wakeiru maybe ??? XD

Downloading da pV now !

Haha Maybe that's what the band should have been called. Yuki change it! No, I like Kala, I am just kidding. hehe

Yaaay it comes tomorrow morning! I hate waking up early, but if it's for Kalafina (even though I've heard all the songs) it's worth it. So better get some sleep. Resisted not listening to the songs again today, and did not watch the PV yet, since I want to watch it on the big screen. It will be better that way.

Mine's in the country, but it seems to be in customs. Would've probably gotten it tomorrow but since it's there, it'll probably be at least next Monday because they're assholes and incredibly useless.

I got my copy! Watching the PV. I like it but do agree it's kind of boring, but I like the end where they all have the masks suddenly, and I like the piano at the end. The jellyfish actually work for me. Heh Maybe because I like them (and if it was for The Slayers, it would be completely relevant hehe). I am surprised no one has made a gif yet of Keiko doing the hand twirl over her face. That is pretty cool and new to my knowledge. But what's up with her tastle? I like it in the water but it looks weird with just one on. Heh overall I like the PV, it's not as good as others but still.

Also I like the verses a lot more in in every nothing better than the chorus. I think Wakana sounds like she's hiccuping more in this than believe. *is whacked* But lapis is my fave of the single for sure.

10384891_10205350322623312_4387051408759163339_n_zpsa84ff51f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my copy this morning :sohappy:

I like the PV, the colors and the light effects really worked for me (maybe the close-up are a little too bright because sometimes I needed to rub my eyes xD). I found a little disturbing the continuous merging of images but overall I quite like the concepts used here (I will spare you my personal delirious interpretation of the PV xD). I found pretty strange the featuring of jellyfishes at first but I can live with that.

Regarding the tracks, I can say that believe it's really growing on me. I find it really refreshing and cool. I'm also falling in love with the refrain. Then we have the amazing, dark IEN. When I first listened to this song I didn't really liked the 'medieval' sound. Honestly I found the whole song to be boring and repetitive. Maybe I was drunk or something like this because this track is great! Great verses thanks to Hikaru's strong and addictive voice, cool refrain with Wakana fragile's voice being so tragic yet so beautiful and Keiko doing her things down there good as usual. :punched: Last but not least Lapis. We close this single up with a sweet, sweet ballad. Keiko leads. Nuff said. Jk xD It's incredible how Kajiura-sama is able to create such touching songs. When listening to this song I feel melancholy, like I'm looking at an old photo that belongs to my past. It almost makes me cry.

As you can see I've loved this single, definetely one of their best releases. Believe was kind of a disappointment at first but the full version turned out to be great. IEN is another amazing track and Lapis melts my heart. Great vocals, great arrangements, great covers and visuals, great single.

'it is a song that I want to sing from now on'

Guess we'll have to deal with it every live from now on :uh..:. Hikaru managed to counteract it by saying about Kalafina is not tied down to a single genre, but that doesn't really work when she's talking about such a generic, dull song that's been made thousands of times over by every other band ever.

Back from the mini-live.

I first visited the stage about 9:45am - there were about 8 people already waiting there, one told me that he had been there since 6am, even though he had attended the Minori Chihara live the previous night (he was such a die hard fan of attending live shows that he'd been doing so since Nana Mizuki's first live at Zepp Tokyo in 2003).

I bought the CD with BD when HMV Kawasaki opened at 10 am, and received 2 postcards and a ticket for a poster.

There is no photography allowed in the shopping centre at all, so I could only photograph the entrance - might upload photos to twitter later after I've had dinner.

Kalafina did a sound check starting about 6:22pm (I was back there about 5:25pm), starting with part of Heavenly Blue whilst wearing coats, then after taking them off to reveal the new costumes as shown in Himewakana's post above, all of Believe, and then did their mini-live at 7pm - Believe, Lapis and Heavenly Blue.

The performance was quite good, and the girls seemed at ease and had good vocal control for all the songs, also rotating positions counter-clockwise twice (ie secondly with Wakana left, Hikaru central, Keiko right, then Keiko left, Wakana centre and Hikaru right when viewed from the audience). There were several hundred in the audience and I was about 6 or 7 back from the front, with the audience listening attentively and clapping politely.

Afterwards the person I'd met at Kalafina's August 2013 Otodama Sea Studio performance called out to me and showed me a sign that he'd held up when there were photos being taken from the stage. I took the train back to Tokyo and Ueno with him, then said goodbye as he had to return to Ooarai.

I'd write more but this computer at the Hotel New Ueno is not behaving well.

^Good to know the performance went well, and that you were able to make it in the end! It still surprises me when I hear about how well-behaved the crowds at live shows in Japan are. I often wish people at gigs over here were always so well-mannered and considerate...

The mini-live on the 23rd is near Osaka, and I'll be on my way home then.

I will see Kalafina again at Animax Musix in Yokohama Arena on Saturday 22nd.

Back