Kalafina single "Believe" 19/11/2014

Gah, it is in the shipping process. So tempted to listen though, but still waiting until Tues. I can't wait for the PV too! I like believe over heavenly blue, but I still want to see the full HB PV. (Will ask for single for Christmas I guess.) I can't wait to listen to these songs though!

Looks like you havent been watching the Believe thread that's almost on top 2 days now :XD: Yes that's the single. You can find lyrics here
You may continue discussion here

Will merge this thread with the other tomorrow

Okay, I am listening... couldn't wait anymore. heh in every nothing starts out good. It's a little choppy. I do agree it's like Petite Cossette. The violin... wow. (Love you Konno!) But there's not a real melody to it, I still like it. It's okay, not the best. The violin is my favorite part. I do think that would be better than the e.guitar, personally, but I just love Konno so much. The guitar is okay, just doesn't fit like everyone else says. The ending... I like it.

lapis: I love Keiko's voice here. It reminds me of her older FJ songs like Nohara. Wakana's voice is so pretty, and actually like Hikaru's stronger voice. The guitar in this is nice, and actually fits. I love the background hauntingness is the only way I can describe it. The flowing of it is nice with the sound effect and the piano. Was this the song that was played at the live that said there was a new song? It's really nice, something to drift off to, or just relax to. I like it a lot.

believe is the same as before, I like it. Over HB. They played the extended version in the episode 2 weeks ago. I like how it goes slower at first and then gets faster. It's good for riding a bike.

Overall I love this single. Going to get used to IEN I think, but I won't listen too much to these songs since I want my copy to be fresh then. It definitely is up there with Kimi no Gin.

Saw a few "Can't wait till next week"s and thought it was clear...

I am going to hide in my corner now:cry:

They didn't even bother to fix the hiccups in Believe... completely ruins the song for me lol

^ Wakana's

Especially in the second chorus.

I wish Keiko sang the verses instead of Wakana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a piano cover of Believe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyLnoGoIXo

Some thoughts after listening to the full version:
-Amazing intro
-Wakana's singing improved 10X from the 1st verse to the rest of the song

lol. The 'hiccup' is actually the reason why I said that I suspect they recorded this song in one take. Her breathing also gets more sloppy in the second verse onwards. Wakana's dragging the 'de' in 'tsuki no hikari no naka deeee' is also annoying for me.

thanks @Yurika-Chan!

LOL i love how the masks are only in the last 20 or so seconds of the vid. the video is aesthetically pleasing, though! very nice! however, what's up with them merging the girls together (idk what this is called? lol) so much? haha

For some reason, the word 'merging' makes it sound like vid's a super sentai-style show. *all together* "COMBINE!" *cue dramatic music and terribad special effects* :omgz:

idk what it's called @george1234 i just used merging since i'm no video expert lol but they put them all in one screen...if that makes more sense? :XD:

^
^ when did they merged them ?!

It was a response to nimsaj , and I assume said assumption is from the many times the girls were all present on the screen :D .
The montage of Hikaru, Wakana and Keiko's faces up close while singing didn't quite work as Hikaru was blurred. But the zooming and panning of the three girls at the same time is something I haven't seen before in previous PVs! So I appreciate the new ideas the director is trying! I really wish though, they incorporated the lace masks their story (if there was one) and not just the end.

Overall it felt like a progressive PV v.2 UNDER THE SEA * breaks into Disney*

Girls look beautiful as always. I do miss Hikaru's long hair ! I might have to get this single now ( the RE edition because I don't really watch the PV's XD)

Back