Kalafina new song "heavenly blue"

I like it at first, but then the camera does the weird switching between scenes, and then there's the shaky cam, which I hate. (I mean, I'm more used to it than my brother, but still) I do like that square thing they're standing on since it reminds me about the Martian ship with the screen on it that the princess and Slaine were standing on. The bridge is also a nice touch since there was one in the show. Their outfits look so much like the moonfesta ones. heh But I like Wakana's the best I think. But yeah, I though believe looked more like progressive, since it had all those flowy sheets.

Well, another typical Kajiura PV. For me, it's time to try new stagings, more original than filming the girls being static and lipsycing on some (most often) closed locations. Why not some kind of anime (not excerpts from the series the song has been done for, but an original anime videoclip), or a staging related to the content of the lyrics, showing the members actually doing something... or even without them (no, don't kill me!). I'm really getting tired of all those uninspired and cheap PVs, they all look the same to me.

At least it's not as bad as Hikaru Furu PV. The light effects are cool, but still boring. Stone cold is still best PV.

blah, no good at all. the lights are blinding my eyes, the effects are bad, the dresses are also bad. this must be their most unflattering dresses ever, on par with the mess that is Yume no Daichi layers of sheet.

anyway I actually like Hikarifuru MV.

rather than this song why don't we get Alleluia MV. I certainly hope this MV won't be the bonus video for their next album. imo they need to make a MV that's from their album titular track, and not opting for something that have tie-ins (ie. symphonia and Yume no Daichi).

Don't like the pv. Three months ago I would have killed to see a new pv but now... not so much.

this must be their most unflattering dresses ever, on par with the mess that is Yume no Daichi layers of sheet.

Among all their dresses I like "the mess that is Yume no Daichi layers of sheet" best :ohoho: I especially like the sand dunes photoshoot (not sure which pamphlet it came in, probably the 'Consolation' one?) :dote:

:XD: It's a matter of taste, but I seriously think Yume no Daichi dresses are horrible. All those sheets, the color choice...it's not elegant at all. It's the perfect example of dresses with bad concept and even worse execution imo. I think they look like homeless gypsies in those dresses. the dresses are also on par with seventh heaven dresses. Thank god they're pretty.

^ LOL yes, it's a matter of taste :ohoho: I really love those dresses and I think there's elegance in that seemingly messy layers of sheets. Gypsy Wakana, Gypsy Keiko, Gypsy Hikaru :love: I really like After Eden's too. I think I just like earthly colours :XD:

:XD: It's a matter of taste, but I seriously think Yume no Daichi dresses are horrible. All those sheets, the color choice...it's not elegant at all. It's the perfect example of dresses with bad concept and even worse execution imo. I think they look like homeless gypsies in those dresses. the dresses are also on par with seventh heaven dresses. Thank god they're pretty.

Glad I'm not alone on this opinion! The YnD dresses really look like SME wrapped the girls in the most hideous curtains possible! Seriously are they trying to take away the girls's natural beauty?! Anyhow I'm not keen on the HB dresses either, as they look boring - did SME even try?? There's a difference in looking earthly and then looking homeless, for their symphonia dresses are my most favourite. Come one SME, get back in the game!

I actually liked After Eden's dresses and cover too. And YnD's are kind of weird. I think I like the fringe, but I would have preferred the ones that are in the 2014 calendar better. (The one Hikaru is wearing now for this month is just gorgeous, it looks a lot better and more Victorian, which I love. And another thing, she always wears a cross, except one time I thought someone else wore it? Or am I mistaken?)

But it is a little weird to present the PV and dresses now, when they don't even have a cover for this single and multiple versions, not that I'm really complaining, just sayin' (as my cousin would say).

Glad I'm not alone on this opinion! The YnD dresses really look like SME wrapped the girls in the most hideous curtains possible! Seriously are they trying to take away the girls's natural beauty?! Anyhow I'm not keen on the HB dresses either, as they look boring - did SME even try?? There's a difference in looking earthly and then looking homeless, for their symphonia dresses are my most favourite. Come one SME, get back in the game!

Yes yes now that you mention it their Yume no Daichi dresses do look like hideous old curtains! And yeah, heavenly blue dresses are boring, I don't think they even try.

The YnD outfits, were those the same that they were wearing at the end of the Consolation live? Because I thought those looked nice... The actual YnD video itself on the other hand, is to me rather horrid. I mean come on, how does that dark, gloomy setting even remotely match the tune of the song? Listening to the song I always get the image of like, vast beautiful landscapes with striking colors and such in my mind... but the PV literally couldn't be further away from that if it tried.

And that is why I could not care less if their new songs get PVs or not. Because even aside from The Dark Depressing Enclosed Space of Dreams, they're just so... uninspired, more often than not.

Reactions: aki
But it is a little weird to present the PV and dresses now, when they don't even have a cover for this single and multiple versions, not that I'm really complaining, just sayin' (as my cousin would say).
according to http://kiasukid.blogspot.com/2014/10/kalafina-heavenly-blue-aldnoahzero-op.html

Apparently, after the anime began broadcast in July of this year, the internet was abuzz with comments about how much people liked this song. For example, netizens were saying things like "Aldnoah.Zero's opening theme is the best!", "Alnoah.Zero's opening theme is looping in my head", "It's really cool" etc.

Aldnoah,Zero, the anime, is directed by Aoki Ei and written by Urobuchi Gen who were also involved in the internationally popular anime Fate/Zero. (I think what the writer for Animate.tv is implying is that because the anime has such big names attached to it, the anime and the OP received a great deal of attention internationally.)

I'll provide the original Japanese text here because I'm not entirely sure how accurate my translation is. If I have time and remember to do it, I may ask my Japanese friend later today. But for now... here goes...

このような世間の盛り上がりを受け、『heavenly bule』が世に出て既に3ヵ月が経とうとしているが、この度急遽、ミュージックビデオを制作することになったとのこと。
このミュージックビデオの為に新たに衣装を制作するなど、かなり力の入った作品になっているとのことなので見逃せない!

I think here, it's saying that they decided to make this PV because of the good response to the song. And because "heavenly blue" has already been released three months ago, they had to hurry to make the PV.

They also had to make new clothes for the PV. I think they put in a lot of effort into the new dresses for the PV so the writer is saying, don't overlook that.

lol did they really put that much effort into the dresses

^ looks like japanese anime fans have different opinions than us in cpm :XD:

also mini-live info on that blog

the free commemorative live for the launch of the "believe" single which is scheduled for a Nov 19th release. The free live will be at the Lazona Kawasaki Plaza in Kanagawa on Nov 23rd.

I don't know but I honestly have mixed feelings reading that post. I'm glad a lot of people are liking the song and the girls are getting more recognition but dammit this song is one of the lowest song Kajiura ever made for Kalafina. Those people really should listen to their KnK songs and listen how bad heavenly blue is compared to their debut days. I know it has to do with the popularity of Aldnoah, plus that is a TV anime that a lot of people could easily watch, unlike KnK. It's hard being a fans that has followed them since their early years.

Anyway I agree with aki did they even try because those dresses are nothing special, the concept is bad and it doesn't match the mood of the song lol. I feel the 'hurry' part more than the 'put a lot of effort' part. :XD:

I don't know but I honestly have mixed feelings reading that post. I'm glad a lot of people are liking the song and the girls are getting more recognition but dammit this song is one of the lowest song Kajiura ever made for Kalafina. Those people really should listen to their KnK songs and listen how bad heavenly blue is compared to their debut days. I know it has to do with the popularity of Aldnoah, plus that is a TV anime that a lot of people could easily watch, unlike KnK. It's hard being a fans that has followed them since their early years.

Anyway I agree with aki did they even try because those dresses are nothing special, the concept is bad and it doesn't match the mood of the song lol. I feel the 'hurry' part more than the 'put a lot of effort' part. :XD:
Indeed. I've been reading some really different opinions from both long-standing fans and casual listeners just lately. For every person who loves HB and Believe, I've read another impression that's the exact opposite!

One tweet I read from a friend of mine (who shall remain anonymous for his own safety!) called Kala "...the new Ali Project...except Ali Project are good." :omg: I will say that I've never got into Ali Project at all so can't comment on whether they are indeed good or not, but I will concede that the recent Kala stuff has been rather same-y. Of course, "it all sounds the same!" is always going to be the initial reaction of someone who's not familiar with any artist/genre, but still.

If TtB, HB and Believe have brought in new fans, that's great...except I'm not convinced that it's happening... :...:

Well, again, it's a matter of taste I suppose. Japanese fans may like different things than we at CPM do. I also think that Kalafina's songs for KnK are their best, but when I share them with people I know, more often than not I'm met with an "Eh." reaction. They'd rather listen to K-pop :leaf:

And I feel that just because we may not like the end result, doesn't mean they have not put in the required effort. If by putting in effort means perfect results every time, everyone who puts in effort to study for exams will get a 100%. It's difficult to please everyone since each of us is different and likes different things.

Also, to "deviate from the usual" in Japan isn't an easy process. You have to have the go-ahead from every single person who holds a high enough position in the company before a change can be made.

EDIT: And I want to add that I don't think there is such thing as 'bad' music/costume/PV; there's just music/costume/PV that doesn't quite fit our ideals/not our cup of tea, so we don't like them.

Just my 2 cents :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
"...the new Ali Project...except Ali Project are good."

That's the second time I've seen someone say that. Well, the part about them being the new AP. I don't think it's that bad, though. There's more variation between HB and Believe than there is between the entirety of AP's discography in my opinion. I picked 5 songs at complete random of theirs a while ago and showed them to a friend of mine who hadn't heard of them and the first thing he said was '...that was more than one song?!'. I know multiple people who hold the same opinion about them too, and I can agree with it.

Ali Project's songs aren't even good, though. Or should I say their song.

Back