Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2015-2016 "far on the water"

I've only listened to the BD so far (my perseverance cracked today)

I must say. I think this is the best Kalafina has ever sounded. I can just visualise such potent imagery while listening to these. Kalafina really is wonderful.

Also Keiko in Yami no Uta. DAMN! Are we sure she isn't some descendant of a god yet?

I can't wait for mine to come so I can watch it and listen to it clearly without my coach driver talking about sugar cane over and over.

I want the mp3 files of the concert too! Where can I get them? I tried downloading them from VK but muy laptop didn't allow me D:

This is one of the best perfomances of them we've seen, if not the best. I never ever imagined they would go back to the amazing flawless heavenly sound of Red Moon. I personally liked more RM because it was my fave album, so for me the set list was over the top, but God, FotW was pretty much at the same level. And never though I´d say this, after AE my expectations of their lives were a little lower (but even higher than the rest of artist).
Her vocals were perfecg. When the live started and Koibito started sounding, I though it was a playback to "introduce" the concert before the girls came in, so was surprised af when I saw the girls were actully singing like that. Hikaru seemed to be on point again (I was worried after the Budokan lives when she sounded so awful), Wakana came back to old-perfect-goddes-Wakana and I don´t even need to talk about Keiko. This girl never ever failed me, she´s the definicion of flawless.
Also, I agree kaladansu were weird and didn´t seem to really match the music for the most part, but as long as they keep the quality of they singing, I don´t care about what they do. I also think it´s nice how they made this live more "theatrica" because I think it goes perfect with their style of music, which is really theatrical and emotive as well. Don´t believe the perfomance has "less heart" because of being more staged than before, in fact the girls look much more confortable with this than they did on Budokan (Wakana at first in Budoka lives was like "God kill me") and they did for sure enjoy it a lot.
Also, seeing Wakana so happy makes me really happy too. She used to look much more shy and serious before, but now she looks always so cheerful she makes my heart melt ♥
So overall, I´m really proud of my precious girls. Hope they can keep this level from now!
By the way, the only place where I saw the mp3s of the concert was the Kajiura group on vk. I used to have a chrome extension on my old computer which allowed me to easy download music clips from there, but can´t tell you the name atm ;S

So I just watched koibito, in every nothing and yami no uta that someone uploaded to youtube... Just wow...

^ Let's just say I got a good laugh thanks to the choreographer in all of those tracks.

So I just watched koibito, in every nothing and yami no uta that someone uploaded to youtube... Just wow...

The parts that weren't the usual arm waving were really unfitting. It would've fit something more tribal, hue.

@george1234 I'm assuming that any clips from that live uploaded to Youtube would get removed quickly.
Still up though,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kU_xAFQR-I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0nkZfvoqnc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTHYww8oh_0
The parts that weren't the usual arm waving were really unfitting. It would've fit something more tribal, hue.
It was all quite bizarre. Ignoring the dancing, in every nothing was surprisingly boring visually - were they supposed to be some erinyes just standing there in those outfits? I didn't like the additional piano in Koibito live and I'm not sure what to think about how Keiko was changing her notes but hey, she sounded good so I guess I'll take it as a different experience than the studio version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up for those interested: Some recent Kalafina and FJ merch has made its way to CDJ, including the FotW vocal score and the pamphlet! :sohappy:

The rest of the recent pamphlets are there as well (Red & Blue Day, Christmas Premium Live 2015, Spring Premium Live 2016, YK Live vol #13, and even the last three vocal scores).

You know, I'm slowly getting ready for Utada's comeback album so I'm listening to her old stuff (which probably the new material will never come close to in my mind) and I got to Utada United 2006.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpvnEc33DBw

I'd really like to see Kalafina in something as overproduced as this live tour DVD (in the staging and video editing departments). There is literally nothing going on on stage but they edited it to the limits as a music video essentialy (from the two nights of recording). Only lights, visualisations, extreme closeups, fuck ton of cameras and editing. It was probably boring as heck live (and before you come for me, I know there's nothing live about the audio in the DVD. ;p), but the DVD is just such a good watch for me. I wonder how something like this would turn out for Kalafina, cause what they are doing now feels more like a school theatre production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up for those interested: Some recent Kalafina and FJ merch has made its way to CDJ, including the FotW vocal score and the pamphlet! :sohappy:

The rest of the recent pamphlets are there as well (Red & Blue Day, Christmas Premium Live 2015, Spring Premium Live 2016, YK Live vol #13, and even the last three vocal scores).

RIP FotW Live Photobook :touched:.

Also it seems that the Red/Blue Live Photobook is still Animate exclusive, since that's not there either.

Should make it easier to get hold of the recent pamphlets though, so that's good.

^ I wasn't really expecting the photobooks to be there. Besides the tote bag, none of the other non-pamphlet related merchandise made it to CDJ. Shame too. I was hoping for the postcards from the Red & Blue Day lives.

You know, I'm slowly getting ready for Utada's comeback album so I'm listening to her old stuff (which probably the new material will never come close to in my mind) and I got to Utada United 2006.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpvnEc33DBw

I'd really like to see Kalafina in something as overproduced as this live tour DVD (in the staging and video editing departments). There is literally nothing going on on stage but they edited it to the limits as a music video essentialy (from the two nights of recording). Only lights, visualisations, extreme closeups, fuck ton of cameras and editing. It was probably boring as heck live (and before you come for me, I know there's nothing live about the audio in the DVD. ;p), but the DVD is just such a good watch for me. I wonder how something like this would turn out for Kalafina, cause what they are doing now feels more like a school theatre production.

I havent seen that Utada live yet but i will, i like her songs :D
i think the Kalafina chereographics are truly as ridiculous as a school theater production, but the rest is proffesional (i wish they had dancers instead of dancing themselves, since its obvious they arent good at it)

Speaking of Utada i recenly found this studio live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5rIpOmuD7U (and i got teary because i love KH and she sings this so emotionally)
which i later found it was release in 2002 to celebrate her 20th birthday. Also i listen to her recently songs that came like 2 months ago and they are sorta boring, just ballad with her and 2 instruments.

Back