( ≡∇≡)b

Re:

alarictay said:
Quit the hate
And let's love kalafina
Be grateful there is even a live DVD
( ≡∇≡)b

Thank you.
It's interesting that so many fans here analyze a lot on how these girls perform, and as well as each of the band members with each song on a regular basis. Every move they make, every breath they take. It seems as if they are being condemned because it wasn't as good as that other time. *shrug*

And I thought sports athletes had it bad if they didn't perform up to a certain standard.
http://deadspin.com/young-child-scr...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

To avoid drama, here is my comment about the DVD:

THE DAMN VIDEO EDITING WAS A DISASTER! THE VIDEO WAS DISTRACTING. IT COMPLETELY DESTROYED THE EXPERIENCE. THE WHOLE CONCERT WAS SO DULL AND IT WAS WORSE IN RED MOON! (No, I am not blaming the girls because I think they did well)

Dear Sony,

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you fire those people responsible for the horrible video recording and video editing.

Sincerely,
Over-worked-Tabi

Re:

tabete.mio said:
To avoid drama, here is my comment about the DVD:

THE DAMN VIDEO EDITING WAS A DISASTER! THE VIDEO WAS DISTRACTING. IT COMPLETELY DESTROYED THE EXPERIENCE. THE WHOLE CONCERT WAS SO DULL AND IT WAS WORSE IN RED MOON! (No, I am not blaming the girls because I think they did well)

Dear Sony,

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you fire those people responsible for the horrible video recording and video editing.

Sincerely,
Over-worked-Tabi
We need a like button for this :plot:

Haha, just trying to understand where everyone's coming from. I've watched a few live segments that were complained about. I'm just not getting it. They still sounded awesome. I guess I'm not superkalafinalysticexpialidocious as everyone else.
With the video editing though, I can see how someone can be bothered by it. I felt a lot of the shots; especially when the tempo picked up, they couldn't stay on it for more than 2-3 seconds. It got a bit annoying.

Re:

Animexcel said:
Haha, just trying to understand where everyone's coming from. I've watched a few live segments that were complained about. I'm just not getting it. They still sounded awesome. I guess I'm not superkalafinalysticexpialidocious as everyone else.
I can understand where you're coming from too actually! The impression I get from being around here is that everyone's a fan of the music but not all of us have the same level of in-depth knowledge. I recall a few mentions of Wakana's voice changing in the last couple of years, but I've personally not noticed! And she's my favourite out of the three There was a definite sense of strain on the After Eden show but since them she still sounds...like Wakana to me. :confu: I'm totally okay with that. But then, I have this knack of being able to spot Korenaga's individual guitar playing style on a song. I wish I had a practical use for that though! :uh..:

The first pressing with the postcards seems to be sold out now, and since I'm not bothered about that sort of thing anyway (as in, where would I display them?) I'll order my copy in a month or two.

After pleading guilty to looking at clips on youtube, I can understand that the complaints about the camera work possibly in combination with the lighting. Like when they introduce Sato-san during Signal, the camera is focussed on the microphone stand and not Sato-san /-:.

The fact that there was only one camera on the dolly track and apparently no other camera immediately in front of the stage meant that it was difficult to give close-up shots of more than one of the Kalafina girls unless they were right next to each other, and the lights at the side also seemed to get in the way.

Could those who were closer to the front at YK Live vol. #10 comment on the use of cameras then compared with Consolation Live (given that both concerts were at Tokyo International Forum Hall A)? I know that there was no dolly track at YK Live vol. #10, but there was more than one camera immediately in front of the stage.

Very good to hear and see Rie Akagi perform live with Kalafina btw.

Finally popped in the bluray. Watched up to "To the Beginning." I'm enjoying it so far, but I need a break to process the first half before diving in to the second half.

As usual, I'm positive on the live overall. I got into Kalafina through their live videos, so needless to say, I've always been quite impressed with their performances. I nitpick, sure, but it doesn't detract from enjoyment.

I do agree that, so far, the girls seemed a bit "low-energy" during this live. I dunno if they were genuinely tired, or if it was just lazy choreography + camera work. There does seem to be more Keiko-focus here than during previous lives, which were more balanced, but I didn't find it too distracting.

For some songs, I think the "low-energy" actually worked. For instance, I enjoyed this more low-key take on Kyrie, with the girls focusing on the lyrics rather than rocking out. I mean, the song's been performed a billion times, might as well as try something a tiny bit different.

Hikaru sounded fierce as ever during most of the songs. I love how she effortlessly switches between her "sweet" and "dark" voices, and how much she connects with every song she's singing. Sure, it's a little melodramatic at times, but she really makes me feel the emotions of the song. Consolation, Door, and Magia really gave her a chance of shine. I'm mixed on her performance during Hanataba--on one hand, she packed so much emotion into that performance that I can't help but love it. On the other hand, she--or maybe Sakurada--totally set the wrong rhythm for the song. It was way too fast, and the pace seemed to throw the other two off. I didn't really like her tone during Mune no Yukue, but I had no issues anywhere else.

I thought Wakana did an excellent job on the background vocals/high harmonies, especially in Consolation. Also, finally they figured out how to balance her microphone right during those lines! In the past, she was either too soft (Red Moon) or too loud (After Eden). In terms of her leading lines... She completely nailed Kiichigo. Her long notes during Kyrie had a wonderful ringing quality to them--reminded me of their "Anna ni..." performance. Also, I think this was the best she's done on Magia since their first Lisani 2010 performance. On the other hand, I thought TTB and Manten have been done better in the past; granted, excellent final harmony in the former, and she sang the low notes in the latter better than she's ever done before, but otherwise I prefer Type-Moon Fes. She also sounded out of breath in Red Moon from the second chorus onwards, though her tone was better than After Eden live's.

Keiko was probably the one who sounded most different from what I expected. This isn't a bad thing. I appreciated how she tried a different phrasing/style for Mune no Yukue, Door, and Hanataba. I can't really describe it except as... "taking it to church," so to speak. It didn't work during Mune no Yukue--sounded way over-the-top--but holy crap did it work during Door. She hasn't done this much vocalising since Vanity, and she even got to show off a bit off head voice! She also seemed to really connect to the song during Hanataba. Keiko usually doesn't hit me emotionally the way Wakana and Hikaru do, but she's getting better with each performance. There are times when she's disconcertingly happy (Kyrie) or excessive, but I think she's definitely taking steps in the right direction.

The star of the show so far is... Konno Hitoshi! Okay, sorry for sounding like a troll, but he totally stole the show during Consolation, Magia quattro (how could he not?), and Manten.

Here's what I meant about the camera focussing on the microphone stand and not Sato-san when he was introduced during Signal:

sato-consolation.png

^ ah, I didn't realise that the Japanese had separate DVD and blu-ray charts.

So about 3 times as many blu-rays as DVD's for each of those titles.

Does anyone have scans of the first press post cards? I missed out on preordering :cry: If anyone is willing to part with/sell their post cards let me know :ayashii:

Re:

salvanos said:
Does anyone have scans of the first press post cards? I missed out on preordering :cry: If anyone is willing to part with/sell their post cards let me know :ayashii:
Wait, what's this about postcards? I preordered and yet I got no such cards...
Oh. So that's why my copy seemed to take considerably longer to ship than several other people's here... Despite pre-ordering, it seems I did not get a first press copy. How lame.

Re:

salvanos said:
I can scan mine tomorrow if you'd like

Back