Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2013 “Consolation” Special Final's DVD

george1234 said:
what keiko said during their introduction to the crowd ? "we will be performing with our[..] (action? lol) band.
awesome, I think :ohoho:

Re: Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2013 “Consolation” Special Final's DV

^Yeah, I think that's what she said too. heh

And aww, my pic wasn't as good as yours anyways. :shy:

^I'm sure it's "awesome." I remember it from ACEN.

Finished watching the whole thing a while back. It was a good disc and I'm glad I bought it, but I found it kinda underwhelming as a whole. Maybe it was the setlist. Maybe it was because, ironically, the Consolation songs were so good that few of them were improved with a live performance. (Imo, the only one that needed a live version was Signal, and that didn't go as well as I'd hoped).

Contrast with After Eden, where I loved the live versions so much I found the actual CD almost pointless. And the songs that were shared between the two lives (Destination Unknown, Mune no Yukue, Magnolia, ect.) were universally better in After Eden Live.

The girls did fairly well, though it's more "good pro concert" than "standout." Wakana impressed me most--except for breathlessness in Red Moon and getting drowned out in Magnolia, she basically nailed every song. Keiko's improv/stylizations were a bit strange, but I'm glad she's trying new things. I'll probably start liking them as I relisten.

I don't think this concert was Hikaru's best--this is probably the first time, since Seventh Heaven, that I found her performances the weakest. Also the first time I heard her having trouble on low notes. Using her "dark" voice in the second half of the concert (Magnolia, Destination Unknown, Signal) seemed to really strain her. Usually, when a song like Obbligato pops up, I'd worry if Wakana would be up to it. Here, I was glad it came up to give Hikaru a break.

Rie Akagi on flute was pretty awesome. Wish they'd included more songs with her though... Ditto with cello and accordion musicians.

Favourites: Kiichigo no Shigemi ni (I was surprised how good it was), Obbligato, Hikari no Senritsu (solely because Rie Akagi)
Disappointments: Signal, most of the After Eden songs :cry:

Oh, almost forgot, merry Christmas everybody!

*bump* Hello!

I just want to say that I uploaded on the site the Yuki comments on consolation from March's dedicated twitter event, that Hatouchan translated

http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/in ... ter-event/

I have made links so that you can navigate easier. Tomorrow I will polish the text.

You will be able to find link to this page soon at the interviews page, and the 2 consolation discography entries, the album's and the bd/dvd's

[edit] text polished. I removed about 3 questions original texts (kanji) so now the originals remaining are Yuki's comments and the translation is right below them. Also I underlined the question wherever there were to make the text easier readable :)

[edit 2] As promised:

- http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/interviews/
- http://canta-per-me.net/discography/consolation/
- http://canta-per-me.net/discography/consolation-dvd-bd/

bumping the thread for this :

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOSPC-125?utm_source=MAIL&utm_medium=html&utm_content=141208-NEOSPC-125&utm_campaign=jpop

Kalafina LIVE PHOTO BOOK -LIVE TOUR 2013 Consolation-

NEOSPC-125.jpg

Product Code:
NEOSPC-125
Release Date: November 18, 2014

First live photo book from Kalafina features a concert at Nakano Sunplaza from their tour in 2013, "Consolation." Also includes rehearsal and backstage photos. [Size: A4 / 96 pages]

CDJapan have had that one for a while now, actually. What's really interesting is this: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOSPC-126

They haven't had that before, it's only been available from the official store. I've been thinking of buying a bunch of postcards and the KnGnN and 2014 Live Tour booklets for a while, as well as the Consolation one I linked. I only just received my 5th Anniversary Oblivious poster from the store which I was using to test out how easy it was to proxy order from there and was then planning on ordering again, just for a considerable amount of the things I was going to order from there turning up on CDJapan in their newest acquisitions.

CDJapan have had that one for a while now, actually.

It's actually newly listed by CDJapan. I think perhaps the one you were referring to is this, a special request for CDJapan's proxy service made by someone (hence the insane price) so I think that doesn't really count :bow:

I'm glad CDJapan now carries so many pamphlets and merchandise that previously weren't available. I just made a huge order last night, can't wait to receive them :stars:

I would like to buy KNGNN pamphlet!! I remember the beautiful pictures that Keechan showed us during "Saiko Stage Game" on Sunday <3

Last edited by a moderator:
They haven't had that before, it's only been available from the official store. I've been thinking of buying a bunch of postcards and the KnGnN and 2014 Live Tour booklets for a while, as well as the Consolation one I linked.

This one is pretty nice, by the way. I bought it earlier this year from SpaceCraft, you can find some scans from the book here.
I used this opportunity to order the 君の銀の庭 pamphlet and some of the postcard sets - with a bit of luck they will arrive before Christmas.

I only just received my 5th Anniversary Oblivious poster from the store which I was using to test out how easy it was to proxy order from there and was then planning on ordering again, just for a considerable amount of the things I was going to order from there turning up on CDJapan in their newest acquisitions.

Are you talking about this one?

This one is pretty nice, by the way. I bought it earlier this year from SpaceCraft, you can find some scans from the book here.
I used this opportunity to order the 君の銀の庭 pamphlet and some of the postcard sets - with a bit of luck they will arrive before Christmas.

Are you talking about this one?

Yes, that one.

Scans are good. Hopefully it'll all arrive on Monday though. I did have a few glances at the Consolation book when you were holding it and looking through when behind me in the queue for an autograph at Japan Expo before I even knew it was you. Both those black dresses and the Consolation dresses are amazing, so it'll be great to have more photos of them.

Double post, but hey.

So I actually just watched the Consolation Special Live. It was pretty good, but it lacks something that the Red Moon and After Eden releases have. I can agree about the girls seeming as though they're tired and worn out as has been mentioned earlier on in this thread.

Consolation sounded lacklustre and didn't really have the energy it needs to sound decent, I'd say. Kyrie came across a bit better, but it's not as good as previous lives, both the RM and AE performances were fantastic and this doesn't stand up to it. Mune no Yukue I found better than AE, but it's not a song I really care about anyway. It's not a bad song, I just don't like it.

Door. This is where I'm really happy for this release, this performance is amazing. Keiko's improv at the end gave me shivers. Think I might buy a copy just for this (I already own the other two), it's just that good. Moonfesta was great, too. That spin they do is adorable :plz:. Looks like they're having fun with it, too. I really like Moonfesta although a lot of people don't seem to, it always cheers me up. Hanataba is a welcome and solid performance, too, and as my personal favourite track off Consolation that's a huge positive.

Red Moon sounds pretty good, but as with Kyrie is the weakest performance of the three live releases. I can barely hear Keiko at some parts even though she's visibly singing, and I'm sure she's audible in other releases of the song at those moments (I've listened to it enough, heh). It does come across better than Consolation, though. Wakana has a few weak notes here, too.

Magia[quattro] comes across quite well, but I still prefer regular Magia. the [quattro] version never really felt necessary to me. Great violin work though. Also that shot of the girls just standing at the back being blown by the wind during the solo is super cheesy and I love it.

Kiichigo No Shigemi Ni has never really been a song that's stuck with me, but it does sound gorgeous here. Wakana's a little shaky but otherwise good, Cello sounds lovely.

Manten sounds good throughout, it's always been a song I've really liked. To the Beginning also sounds on form, and it's just reminding me that Believe and Heavenly Blue exist, follow the same structure and fail miserably in comparison. The girls seem to have some energy for To the Beginning, at least.

When the Fairytale Ends is a nice choice for a little interlude, although surely it'd have made sense to come after Fairytale :leaf:. Vocals throughout Fairytale sound great, though. I'm starting to see a pattern with this release, the ballads are working but the more upbeat tracks are a little weak :touched:. Kinda wish they'd stayed in their Consolation dresses (:love:) rather than changing, but I quite like these ones too.

Woah, that shift into Magnolia was ...less than subtle. As with some of the earlier tracks it sounds as though something is missing, it doesn't quite have the power it should. Nothing to do with the singing here either, it's something else. Safe to say the AE performance came across a lot better. Pity really, it's a lovely song. Destination Unknown sounds a bit better though, so I'm guessing it's something with the recording from the bass. Vocals here sound really good though, if I say so myself, also that solo work is sublime.

Signal... doesn't sound great. This still makes me think it's a bass recording issue, as most of the songs that have it as a significant element (Magnolia, Signal, Kyrie to some extent) have all been lacking some force. Jr's playing seems fine, so I guess it's something on the desk that's not right. This makes me sad :cry:. I have a feeling that actually being at the live would've made these songs sound considerably better. The vocals here sound fantastic though, especially Keiko. Also the accordion sounds SO much better than the studio version, it comes out of goddamn nowhere in the recording and always throws me off guard a little, here it seems a lot more organic. Interesting to see the band member introductions happening here. Wakana's aaahhing is still gorgeous. I just wish it came across better as it could be amazing. Also yay for extra accordion and guitar soloing at the end.

Obbligato sounds good, however. Wakana's solo vocals just before the guitar solo are wonderful. So is the guitar solo. This seems to have some of that energy that the previous few songs have lacked a bit, which is good to see. Ongaku is its usual self, upbeat, full of energy and on form. It's not like they've played it every single concert they've ever performed to get it right or anything :ohoho:.

Mirai sounds like Mirai I guess. I never really listen to it unless I'm listening to Consolation, and even then I seem to always realise I'm listening to it when it's halfway through and I go 'oh, it's Mirai'. I've never really cared for Credens Justitiam so it makes sense that Mirai doesn't do much for me either.

Hikari Furu sounds good, although Wakana is a little shaky at points. I can't really comment that much as I didn't really pay attention to it until I saw them sing it live at Japan Expo where it finally clicked for me. I still don't often listen to it outside of Consolation playthroughs though. Also I don't like these dresses, they look silly. I'd still pay good money to have them as DLC armour in Dark Souls or something though, because they'd fit right in there.

Hikari no Senritsu sounds amazing. Having Rie there just makes it even better. I've always loved this song. Flute solo is absolutely wonderful, and the following bridge sounds lovely too, although it's always been my favourite part of the song. Yume no Daichi is always one of those songs that I barely remember even after listening to it, for whatever reason. I generally like it but it never really sticks. Rie does a great job once again and the vocals from the girls sound good, too. For some reason it seems like an odd song to end on, although it's already an album ender.

Overall, it's the weakest of the three live releases I'd say and that seems to be the general consensus. It's not as bad as I was expecting after all these comments, though, and I'll probably still pick up a copy of it at some point to go with my others. I only realised now but there's barely any Seventh Heaven material here. I get the Consolation dominance since it's for that album, but aside from the obvious Ongaku and Fairytale, I'd have expected more. I just wish that Signal and Magnolia had come across better than they did and that the girls had been more rested, and we'd have a much better overall experience I'd say.

Here's hoping for a Budokan live release and without any technical hitches :innocent:. Only problem with those is that the setlists don't interest me much if they're going to play the Best albums in full, but I'd still be happy if it's a quality performance and release.

Back