Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2013 “Consolation” Special Final's DVD

I got my copy today. It came with the postcards too ^_^

4MNqv30l.jpg

Oooh...nice. Those silver outfits are really stylish, aren't they?

I listened to the whole thing and...it's great. The camerawork and/or lighting, not so much. I had it running through my TV for the bigger screen and the visual side isn't as good as the previous two. I was in the middle of doing something else, so I was paying more attention to the sound than the video anyway!

The tricky thing about live shows is, I don't really *want* each song to sound the same as the studio edits, but that means some will inevitably sound worse (Signal) and others better (Door). There're some pleasant surprises on there for sure - I have a new appreciation for Door now, and the instrumental intermission was awesome. I just love that one...it's dignified yet playful at the same time.

I think it was on Ongaku where Wakana does this 'vocal acrobatics' thing...you know that moment where you're scared that she won't reach the right note, then she hits it dead-on. It gave me almost the same level of shivers that Keiko's improv at the end of Door did.

*sighs* I'm sold...another blu-ray to add to my import to-buy list after Christmas then!

Re: Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2013 “Consolation” Special Final's DV

Thanks Hime for you scans! Such pretty postcards, I wish I was able to get it right away, but I had to choose what I wanted, and that was the RHH 3 soundtrack. (I hope I get a job soon so I can see it on the big screen)

Quite an enjoyable live. Glad to know they invited guest musicians

My artwork made it in the documentary, haha. Man, I was so nervous when I gave it to them. Could anyone translate what Hikaru was saying about my drawing?

cbkfPb0l.jpg

Animexcel said:
My artwork made it in the documentary, haha. Man, I was so nervous when I gave it to them. Could anyone translate what Hikaru was saying about my drawing?

That was you? Nicely done man.
And you managed to reply "yes" despite being nervous lol. *pats*

Hikaru commented that you did a great job of drawing the three of them in their Hikari Furu costumes.
She noticed the silhouette of Madoka in the background but apparently Wakana beat her in saying that out.

Re:

Insidia said:
That was you? Nicely done man.
And you managed to reply "yes" despite being nervous lol. *pats*

Hikaru commented that you did a great job of drawing the three of them in their Hikari Furu costumes.
She noticed the silhouette of Madoka in the background but apparently Wakana beat her in saying that out.

Thank you! Yeah, that was me.
I was like " あげる~~" *o*. It wasn't shown, but through the translator, Keiko said that she appreciated that I included her beauty mark by her left eye. When they found out I was a staff artist, I showed them the hotel room key card since they had the convention mascot characters I drew on it. Wakana had a shocking reaction as she was hitting on the table and pointed at it, haha. Maybe she carried the card too. I told Hikaru that I enjoyed the concert and shook her hand. My first thought was "wow, her hand is so soft."

^ lol I can imagine that, what was drawn on the cards ?

what keiko said during their introduction to the crowd ? "we will be performing with our[..] (action? lol) band.

is it me or they were off on hikari furu ?

it seems they interviewed less people than last time :S

Re: Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2013 “Consolation” Special Final's DV

Wow animexcel! That's awesome! Was there any chance a clip of Wakana receiving a symphonia pic? That was mine. heh

I just saw Hanataba live, it's amazing! I love the accordion, even though it's not my favorite instrument. It's perfect, but I think it's a bit slower than the studio version, since I listened to it right after. And the drumming is less, unless that was due to mics or something. I will listen to the rest today.

george: A chibi version of the conventions mascots. They interviewed quite a few people, but they didn't make it in.

Liana: I didn't see them receiving it. :/

Back