Kalafina covering Nowhere :omg:

This is dreams come true :dote: , I want to Watch the Video ASAP :TdT:

It will be broadcasted on ANIMAX (Asian and Europe) and Sky perfect

7th Jan - Digest ver. at SKY PERFECT TV

On Animax:
5/2 - pt 1
12/2 - pt 2
19/2 - pt 3

And honestly, nothing special with the nowhere cover. Just imagine Hikaru substituting Yuuka. Wakana/Keiko as background/chorus.

So, will Kalafina still covers 1 Kajiura song + 1 random song next year?

Minorin's cover Anna no issho datta no ni (accoustic) was... interesting. Sounded more like salsa/bossa nova to me.

Hmm, Nowhere...well, if Ke-chan got anything other than low harmony and background chorus, it'll be interesting, but I somehow doubt it...

I've never even heard Sorairo Days :...:

Nowhere seems something so standard....if it's just substituting Yuuka by Hikaru..they also have 2 chorus vocals in Yuki live#4...so I guess that it isn't much interesting...and I think the harmonization of Yuuka's+Hikaru's&Yuriko's voices is better than of Kalafina's voices... but..well..I think Nowhere is more proper for more aggressive vocal like Hikaru or Keiko than Yuuka... Maybe interesting in the aspect of feeling, but not for the arrangement.... :rain: ..(I hope for some additional bridge or lyrics but...:rain:.)

I'm more interested in Sorairo Days cover with Shokotan... and..can I ask that who is Minorin..? :confu:..I'm not familiar with the artists' nickname...

Re:

Kagaribi no Hanabira said:
I'm more interested in Sorairo Days cover with Shokotan... and..can I ask that who is Minorin..? :confu:..I'm not familiar with the artists' nickname...

Minorin = Minori chihara (茅原実里)

Re: Re:

This is the whole setlist, if anyone is interested:
Code:
■ANIMAX MUSIX 20112011.11.23[Wed.]
@横浜アリーナOpen12:00/Start14:00/End20:10

【中川翔子】
つよがり(べるぜバブ ED)
続く世界(劇場版 天元突破グレンラガン <紅蓮篇> 主題歌)
涙の種、笑顔の花(劇場版 天元突破グレンラガン <螺巌篇> 主題歌)
【angela】
Beautiful Fighter(屍姫 赫/屍姫 玄 OP)
Shangri-La(蒼穹のファフナー OP)
【REMM feat.ayami】
Freedom(バトルスピリッツ 覇王 OP)
【河野マリナ】
Morning Arch(Aチャンネル OP)
【HIMEKA】
明日へのキズナ(戦場のヴァルキュリア(TVアニメ版) OP)

【リクエストコーナーPart1】

オルフェ(うたの☆プリンスさまっ♪マジLOVE1000% OP)/May'n
世界が終わるまでは(スラムダンク)/飛蘭
光と影を抱きしめたまま(魔法騎士レイアース)/中川翔子
JOINT(灼眼のシャナII OP)/ayami x 飛蘭
Adesso e fortuna 〜炎と永遠〜(OVA ロードス島戦記)/HIMEKA
君の知らない物語(化物語 ED)/angela

【GRANRODEO】
愛のWarrior(ゲーム『アンジェリーク 魔恋の六騎士』OP)
HEAVEN
【佐咲紗花】
Zzz<ショートサイズ>(日常 ED)
Stating Again(カードファイト!ヴァンガード ED)
【Sea☆A】
DREAM SHOOTER(カードファイト!ヴァンガード ED)
DELI-DELI☆DELICIOUS(トリコ ED)
【The Sketchbook】
道(SKET DANCE OP)
【KOTOKO】
Re-sublimity(神無月の巫女 OP)
聞け!ソラノオト(オリジナル曲)
七転八起☆至上主義!(ハヤテのごとく!! OP)
Light My Fire(灼眼のシャナIII-Final- OP)

(休憩タイム)

【茅原実里】
Paradise Lost(喰霊-零- OP)
TERMINATED(境界線上のホライゾン OP)
優しい忘却(劇場版 涼宮ハルヒの消失 ED)
輪舞-revolution-(少女革命ウテナ OP)※奥井雅美トリビュートアルバム「Buddy」より
【喜多修平】
世界で一番恋してる(世界一初恋 OP)
世界の果てに君がいても(世界一初恋2 OP)
【飛蘭】
mind as Judgment(CANNAN OP)
Blood teller(未来日記 ED)
【Kalafina】
Magia(魔法少女まどか☆マギカ ED)
輝く空の静寂には(黒執事II)

【コラボコーナーPart2】

SWORD SUMMIT /GRANRODEO×May'n×KOTOKO
only my railgun /May'n 
プラチナ /Sea☆A
Over the Future /喜多修平×佐咲紗花×鈴木このみ 
Butter-Fly /The Sketchbook×喜多修平
secret base〜君がくれたもの〜 /angela 
あんなに一緒だったのに /茅原実里 
INVOKE-インヴォーク- /GRANRODEO 
nowhere /Kalafina 
空色デイズ /Kalafina×中川翔子 
冒険でしょでしょ? /中川翔子
光と影を抱きしめたまま /中川翔子
そばかす /KOTOKO
ETERNAL BLAZE /茅原実里×angela

【May'n】
Scarlet Ballet(緋弾のアリア OP)
禁断のエリクシア(劇場版 マクロスF〜サヨナラノツバサ〜)
もしも君が願うのなら(ゲーム「戦場のヴァルキュリア3」主題歌)
ユニバーサル・バニー(劇場版 マクロスF〜イツワリノウタヒメ〜 挿入歌)
Ready Go! (オオカミさんと七人の仲間たち OP)
Brain Diver (ファイ・ブレイン〜神のパズル〜 OP)

【Finale】
おどるポンポコリン (All Cast)

Completely dissapointed with Kalafina's setlist. Magia and Kagayaku Sora no Shijima ni wa. I agree with Magia because it's their latest anime-related song. But didn't they sing Kagayaku Sora in Animax Musix Fall last year? I kinda wish they sing Rakkyo related song (but not oblivious / sprinter). Fairytale will be alright for me. Seventh Heaven will be awesome. And covering nowhere? All of them already sing that song. Hikaru already did chorus from it in YK live vol.4, and FJ sang it in Animelo 2009. They should let Kalafina sang a non-Kajiura related song. And actually I'm not really not into nowhere #sighs or this is just my thought, but maybe Kajiura, as their producer doesn't let them cover song that not created by her for Kalafina's only performance.
That's why I didn't vote for Kalafina, because like what I've said, they'll end sing song that I didn't vote for :cry:
Just wanna see that sorairo days with Nakagawa Shoko.

I suppose it makes sense for Kala to sing Kagayaku, since it and Magia are their latest anime songs...but in keeping with the mood of Magia, I'd have much preferred Lacrimosa. It also seems like Wakana can sing Lacrimosa quite well live (in all the unedited performances I've seen, she does an impressive job), which would make a better experience for the audience too.

Plus, I just keep thinking of Wakana, Keiko, Kaori and Yuriko doing chorus on that version of Nowhere...which makes me wonder why they basically performed it again. There are a lot of other reasonably popular anime songs from Kajiura-sensei that Kala could've sung...Egao no Wake, Kimi ga ita Monogatari, Silly-go-round which I would've loved, or Tasogare no Umi, to list just a few. Nowhere just strikes me as being a really worn-out selection since it and Akatsuki no Kuruma have both been done so much, rather like Yuuka's versions of Salva Nos. Although I don't really mind Salva Nos being performed in every concert because of the solo at the end...

At any rate, I'm quite glad they didn't sing Hikari no Senritsu again :ohoho:

EDIT
Getting rid of Akatsuki because Yuuka really did sing it a lot back in the day...

Re:

ninetales said:
Hmm, Nowhere...well, if Ke-chan got anything other than low harmony and background chorus, it'll be interesting, but I somehow doubt it...

shunchan said:
And honestly, nothing special with the nowhere cover. Just imagine Hikaru substituting Yuuka. Wakana/Keiko as background/chorus.

So, will Kalafina still covers 1 Kajiura song + 1 random song next year?

shunchan already answered and ruined your hope, ninetales. Hikaru substituting Yuuka in this song is so blatantly obvious since the first time I saw that Kalafina covered this song.
Hikaru is the brand new Yuuka for Kajiura.

Back