Kalafina at AnimagiC 2012 Germany

The problems were certainly down to the record company; everyone seems to agree on that point, and I hope that it gets resolved in future events. I'm reminding myself that the three girls and their support staff travelled a long way and worked very hard to make the events work as well as they did, and I honestly appreciate the time and effort involved. Bonn is a beautiful city to visit, and the general atmosphere was positive and friendly.

Now I'm home (VERY tired and planning on an early night before going back to work tomorrow morning!) I'm looking back on it and thinking that it was a fantastic and special weekend. The concert performances were indeed superb, and it was fun to see them interacting with the audience. They really seemed to be enjoying it too, which is I think important. Any fears I had about Wakana appearing or sounding strained and overworked were allayed too, much to my relief. She really does have a mischievous sense of humour though, doesn't she? :innocent:

Actually, it was really heartwarming to find out that they're every bit as pleasant and charming as I'd hoped they'd be. I often wonder what the people I admire are like if I were to meet them in person, but meeting the three of them face-to-face was awesome. I hope they're able to visit Europe again soonish...although the journey this weekend was a long one! :imdead:

Oh yeah, the KYUBEY HATS. :XD:

:nophoto:

Hi,
I'm a newbie (obviously ^_^) but I had the chance to meet some of you guys on the Animagic last weekend and so I decided to register here and share my experiences.

I have to say it was one of the best weekends till now and an amazing early birthday present for me.

Both concerts were amazing, although, like some members already said, the music was soooo loud. I had a really hard time to hear something afterwards beside the slight ringing in my ears. I also was lucky enough to get autographs from the girls at the Madoka Magica screening. They are sooooo adorable. I could have hugged them and never let them go. They even recognized my Kalafina Cosplay (Hikaru'S black and blue stage dress) and their private photographer made a picture of me *so excited* But I'm sure I look like a deer in the headlights, cause I really was near tears after seeing and talking to the girls. Hikaru was so cute as I handed her my present. I gave all of them a book with fashion designs (stage costumes) especially created for them. Hikaru took a look inside and she was like "Sugoi" and "They're really beautiful." I could have died then and there. Keiko was the one, who recognized my costume. She and Wakana seemed both very amazed by the fact that I made the costume all by myself. I was and still am sooooo proud of myself.

I could start crying just thinking about this moment in the queue right before I stand in front of the three girls. Really one of my biggest wishes came true on that day and I will cherish this memory my whole life.

But now something on my own account. A guy and a girl (Gomen I don't remember the names) took pictures with me on friday (I wore Hikaru's to the beginning dress). Could you please pm me. I really would love to have the pictures for my own collection. Thank you!!!

It sounds like you guys had a blast! :D Although that's a shame it was so unbearably loud! Earplugs?

:ayashii:

Re:

ATroupeLeaderBaby said:
But now something on my own account. A guy and a girl (Gomen I don't remember the names) took pictures with me on friday (I wore Hikaru's to the beginning dress). Could you please pm me. I really would love to have the pictures for my own collection. Thank you!!!
So you are the girl who cosplayed Hikaru, your dress was really great!
I'm the girl you're looking for, the guy is Zui. I'll tell him to pm you the photos (i cant since i'm on iPhone)
i dont look good on them, but you 2 do :XD:
Welcome to CPM, i'm glad to see you here :sohappy:

@FxMacCobra: i live near Stuttgart!

so... im back now but i dont feel so, i hope theyll come back. maybe they will; all 3 albums will get released in germany this autumn they said, so the chances are not that bad.

Re:

george1234 said:
Question: On Sunday, did they performed the same songs as in Friday, and the only difference was Hikari no Senritsu or the whole setlist was different?

The second concert was on saturday and not sunday

@ATroupeLeaderBaby : I saw your cosplay but I did know at that time you were a CPM member. Your Cosplay was very nice but I did not dare to bother you to ask for a picture too.

@Midori : I'll be soon at Stuttgart. Maybe can organize a meeting (if you want of course) :XD:

For the sound of the first concert, it was probably due to a bad management of the technicians of the Beethovenhalle. Fortunatly they correct that for the second concert of Kalafina. Moreover, the team with Kanako Ito-san performed sound checking before her concert to avoid that problem. But the technicians were so great that they did not record the settings and the final song during the closure ceremony found out the same problem as Kalafina´s first concert. That is a shame for a place which is supposed to produce so many concert per year.

Personally, I used earplugs for any concerts. However, even with them I felt that the sound was really too loud at the first Kalafina´s concert.

@FxMacCobra: agreed. I was sat quite close to the front on the first evening and it was noticeably loud...louder than some rock concerts I've been to in the past, and I have worn ear plugs to those on occasion! :swt: The second one was more comfortable but I was sat up on the balcony that time so maybe that helped.

It must be tough trying to balance live vocals with a pre-recorded track where the backing instruments are mixed down already, but something did happen with soundchecking before the end of the weekend - Kanako Ito's song during the closing ceremony had a lot more bass to it. If Kala's instrumental track had had the same powerful 'bottom end' to the sound, I think the electronic drums in Oblivious and Kirie would've given me a nosebleed!

I saw quite a few really amazing cosplays during the weekend but didn't have the courage to ask to take photos of many of them. I did see someone in a really nice Kalafina-style dress though, so if that was you, good job. It did look great!

Guys I tell you: beating WAKANA at jan-ken-pon game and winning from her hands the to the beginning live 2012 photobook with their golden autographs was the best moment in my life, they were so nice with me I love them.

hinagiku said:
Guys I tell you: beating WAKANA at jan-ken-pon game and winning from her hands the to the beginning live 2012 photobook with their golden autographs was the best moment in my life, they were so nice with me I love them.
:knife:

@FxMacCobra: I was no member of CPM at that time. I met some of the members at the Animagic and decided then to register. Honestly it wouldn't have been a problem for me, if you would have asked for a photo. I would have been happy, cause then I would have known that people recognized me. Weren't that many in the end, although many asked for a picture (still haven't found any of them on the internet :cry: )

@Martin: Can you tell me what dress that someone wore. Cause I had two dresses in store and I really would like to know in which one you saw me. Thanks!!!

And to both: Thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate them. :hug:

@hinagiku: I am soooooo jealous of you. Unfortunately I had to leave on sunday and therefore had no chance to visit the Q&A Panel. You're really lucky!

I have lost, but I had the pleasure to play with these beautiful angels :dote: :dote:

Hey, I have a question. I wasn't there anymore on sunday,
but I read on twitter that they announced that the 3 albums from kalafina are going to get a german release in fall 2012, is this true? does anyone know about this?

and by the way, what could you win at the Q&A panel? was there only one price or could more people win different things?

at saturday at the madoka Q&A panel someone asked kalafina
"are you going to do a germany/ europe tour?"
they said "nothing like this is planed, but they would really like to do it someday"
I hope so!! that would be great.

Re:

elcazador said:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20120730-00000051-sph-ent
今秋、英国のレーベルから欧州デビューすることが決まっているが

I can't read what it says
I'm not at home the last time, only on weekends.
at the moment sitting in an Internetcafe and the PCs here can't read japanese etc. -.-

Re:

Wolfychi said:
Hey, I have a question. I wasn't there anymore on sunday,
but I read on twitter that they announced that the 3 albums from kalafina are going to get a german release in fall 2012, is this true? does anyone know about this?
yep. They told it at the q&a panel.

Re:

Wolfychi said:
and by the way, what could you win at the Q&A panel? was there only one price or could more people win different things?

There was only one price : "to the beginning live 2012 photo book" dedicated by the three ladies.

elcazador said:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20120730-00000051-sph-ent
今秋、英国のレーベルから欧州デビューすることが決まっているが

I had to use a dictionary, but it seems to say roughly this (the whole paragraph):
"The fans were very warm, so I/we was/were able to sing with ease. I/we've gained confidence about playing in various countries," says Wakana.

We've decided to debut in Europe this autumn from a UK label; the label people have told us, "to be able to tour anime festivals around the world in such a short time is exceptional. We expect a lot from you as part of the Japanese anime boom."

Hope my interpretation is not too far off.

Back