Kalafina at AnimagiC 2012 Germany

roxfan said:
There's going to be a panel tomorrow and I think it includes a "signing session" but I don't know what they're going to sign now that they ran out of CDs.

No, the "free" signing session (i.e. bring your own items for signing) was yesterday after the Madoka Magica Q&A panel. I got my progressive photobook signed and I saw a lot of people with various CD/DVD covers, books, pamphlets and even self-made drawings and the like. I am very sorry that you missed that... :uh..:

But I didn't get a signed CD either (I was way too far back in the queue), although I'm not really disappointed since they only had the three albums (regular edition) to choose from. I already have those und would have hoped for the Moonfesta single. Looks like Sony underestimated the demand quite a bit.

Today is only a Q&A panel and some kind of contest, no siging session, at least according to the programme. I wonder what the prizes will be? :ayashii:

Re:

roxfan said:
Except, shortly afterwards they announced that there were only 60 CDs left and when that went the signing session would be over. No signing posters, no CDs you brought yourself, no photobooks, no anything. They did some counting and cut the queue (a little before us). The 60 CDs went pretty fast so they even had to turn back around a third of those who were inside the cut-off point.

I don't know if this was intentional (e.g. they didn't want to overwork the girls) or they just underestimated the demand, but the mood was downcast when the people dispersed. There are going to be quite a few disappointed fans who came from far away.

There's going to be a panel tomorrow and I think it includes a "signing session" but I don't know what they're going to sign now that they ran out of CDs. I won't be there but I wish luck to those who remain...
^this

Its just not fair, almost nobody got anything. The line was about 50 meters long or so and maybe 10 meters did have a chance to get in...

we came fom the concert the fastest way to signing room, but disnt even get close there because the line was already too long, i dont know how these people got there so fast.

for today, the booklet says nothing about a signing session; but ill try to get somehing signed anyway.

also, thats not unfair for us alone. It's also unfair for kalafina. A signing session is there for bringing stars and fans together, not to make money from people who never before heard of the band. What they do is utilizing them; in my opinion. The girls are always so happy when they see people already owning their music.

The concert itself was great, some of us were in the front row in the middle.
Kalafina was so close to us :nosebleed:

But i think now were known as their stalkers :uh..:

^ sounds like a big contrast to what happened here at AVCON with Crispin Freeman and Cassandra Lee... I paid extra for a gold pass and met them on Friday night, then had front row seats for their presentations and was literally able to jump the queue for their autograph sessions (they both had one each on Saturday and Sunday). I did not try to get a photo with them, but that was also available on both Saturday and Sunday for both of them. Highlight for me was getting the photo I took of them autographed by both of them, and being able to give each of them a copy of the photo that I took. They each did great Q & A's and Crispin also gave three attendees a run-through being a voice actor using Scrapped Princess and Hellsing as anime.

Given the small numbers able to get stuff signed by Kalafina, wouldn't it be fairer for participants to put their names in a draw rather than having queues cut off?

Aaaaah it was so great!!! I'm soooo happy~~

the Live was great and they look even cuter and more beautiful in reality! :shy:

I first saw then friday at 6.30 p.m. in the Studio room. Because we were late, whe didn't get autographs then, but we could stand in the back and look at them! OMG I was totally crazy even if they where far away!

I saw both Lives on friday and saturday, and it was great!! especially liked Ongaku Live. And the encore when they sang Hikari no Senritsu was fun.

On friday after the Live we got to the signing sessions, and I bought Seventh Heaven to be signed. I had a blackout and couldn't say anything to them at that time. XD
But I gave a Kalafina Manga drawing to Keiko. ^^

But yesterday after the Madoka Q&A Panel I got my Magia Photobook signed, and then talked to Keiko and Wakana!!! *dies*
After I talked to them my legs where shivering and I cried out of happiness. :cry: I couldn't stop hugging my signed photobook then. XD

They sang surprisingly well in the lives... but not that great as the sound system was very very bad.
It was too loud and distorted that sometimes i had to close my ears.
In the front row in the middle it was somewhat okay.

Manten was good, Hikaru's voice seemed to be drowned by the sound system.

Magia was good also

MC 1 :
They introduced themself in german. Wakana's pronunciation was good, Keiko was fine, Hikaru was bad ^^.
Keiko's running back to collect her paper was funny.

Kagayaku Sora was ok.

Lacrimosa, should be ok, but the loudness of the system made it unenjoyable.

MC 2 : They said, bonn was awesome, how we were, etc. in german. They said they wanted to sit near the rhein, eat curry wurst

kimi ga hikari, it was perfect! I was surprised by this song choice

Oblivious was very catchy,

Kyrie ... again I was surprised. On saturday, at some point, Wakana has lost her breath. Lol.
The choreography was awkward. As I saw the dance, I was like thinking ... do they dance indian? oh wait! it's not a dance! it's Yoga! Lol...
The loudness was annoying.

Ongaku was very lively, the crowd shouted again and again. And jumped a lot.
Hikaru's jumping around was funny and cute. Wakana's solo was somehow disappointing for me, but it was good. And again... it was very loud.

MC 3 : Hikaru asked us what the audience wanted to eat during summer or something. I could only assume that as Keiko munched after that.
On saturday, wakana asked us how was the concert ^^... they managed to eat german bread, french fries.

To the beginning was ok.

Sprinter ... Keiko's voice is too low for maya's part. Wakana should do better. Overall it was ok.

Hikari no Senrtsu. it was ok. but Keiko's was shouting while harmonizing.

but well, overall it was very fun and enjoyable.

I did manage to get their signature and met Midori, Zuiyon, and RapeD and some others CPMer I don't know ^^;

Oh, and on saturday, a cosplaying girl and a cosplaying boy have given us all glowing sticks. To cheer Kalafina us ^^.
Thank you very much, both of you!

-----

EDIT : In the signing session, I said "happy happy" to Keiko, and she laughed ^^...
Zuiyon was un-shamefully let the girls signing ALL of his CD collections!

Oh, and as there were cameras and photoshooting in the hall, I assume there would be some video (as a bonus cd in the next album, maybe?)

Phew. Just got back home from Bonn. Spent 12 hours on various trains (a German train running 32 minutes late and missing the follow-up bus, can you believe that?). :uh..: Too bad I couldn't go to the Q&A today, but that couldn't be helped - I was crossing the German/Czech border by the time it started. There's work to be done tomorrow.

Once again I'd like to thank you folks for your advice regarding my AnimagiC reservation. The on-arrival registration was a little bumpy as the "regular" clerk found us suspicious, but it was resolved in a minute. I didn't bump into anyone with a CPM badge or shirt at the event (and no internet so no checking out this thread). Then again, I wasn't even at AnimagiC most of the time apart from the concerts - in the end I spent the two days sightseeing around Bonn with my girlfriend. Beethoven's birth house was a given. Did you know there's a museum of computing with some really splendid artifacts, as well as a Japanese garden? (Saw no cosplayers there, strangely enough.) Also, it was fun running into crowds of random cosplayers in the streets. Some of the locals were quite confused. I've never cosplayed, but I almost regretted not having any costumes ourselves. :)

Anyway, my impressions from the concerts. You guys beat me to most points:
* No Yuki Kajiura, but I didn't expect her to be there anyway - just a tiny shimmer of naïve hope (anyway, the website probably would have mentioned her)
* No live band, but that was also expected. I thought the sound quality was bearable for me, but not for an establishment named in honour of the old Ludwig Van. The singing was audibly live, though, so that's what matters. Anyway, I've been to live shows with far worse sound and similar prices, so whatever.
* Taking photos was specifically banned for Kalafina, "because the company requested it". Damn Sony! I saw the organizers were really enforcing the ban, so I decided to respect the rules.
* As you all know, they played the same stuff both days, save for the encores. That was a real downer, especially given the length of the concerts. Such wasted potential - they ended up singing barely one-third of a truly formidable repertoire. (I had personally hoped to hear Aria, Mata kaze ga tsuyoku natta, and Sandpiper.) I had thought of the possibility, but I called myself unnecessarily paranoid for it.
* Apparently only CDs for merch. I had hoped there would be T-shirts and other stuff, as well. (They have those, right? I've seen some in online stores.) Combined with the requirement that people buy the CDs on the spot in order to get signatures, and the ridiculous queues that nonetheless formed, I decided I wasn't a crazy enough fan to hold my breath. So I didn't get anything :)
* On the plus side, they sang pretty well, the atmosphere was good despite the circumstances, and the CM was good too - the little German speeches they had prepared were adorable. They were also a challenge for me to interpret - I speak some German and a little Japanese, but I'm not very fluent at all, and I had to interpret for my lady who only knows "guten Tag" and "hai". I was also astonished to see that Keiko (is it Keiko? I keep getting confused!) sings two octaves lower than she speaks! And we got to see the artists up close: On Friday most people impatiently left before the encore (presumably to be first in line for the signing session), so we were able to get right under the stage. On Saturday we took advantage of the Amaterasu Taiko group (which was amazing by the way!) to grab some third-row seats.

Really, if it were any other band, I'd probably be disappointed. But, I got to see Kalafina - a band I like a lot and my GF adores (thanks to me introducing her to them, no less!), and which might never come back to Europe again, and I saw a beautiful city on the Rhine, and the girl of my heart was very happy with the trip, and Kalafina were KAWAII!, so I'm URESHII! :sohappy: And also SHINDEIRU. :blood:

Thanks again. Hope they come back to Europe sometime.

It's a shame that we arrived a bit too late to meet you guys...it would've been fun to catch up. I was lucky enough to go to both concerts and get a CD signed at the Madoka panel...plus I took a few snaps at the Q&A this afternoon. Yes, that included a shot of the three of them wearing Kyubey hats! :ohoho:

My impressions were pretty much the same as the rest of you really. Their performances were really good, although the PA clearly wasn't cut out for the job! The sound quality left a lot to be desired, but when we sat on the balcony seats the second time around it wasn't so bad.

The issue of signing was disappointing indeed. A LOT of people were upset about it; one of my friends didn't get any autographs despite being there in the queue every time. I think SME's heavy-handed and indifferent attitude towards their fans (typical major label behaviour really) was to blame, but also the con staff themselves could've done a better job with organising the queueing and making it more orderly and less like a crowd. Maybe my lack of German comprehension didn't help in that regard, but it was a negative point against what was otherwise a really great event.

That really was so great! Im still disappointed i couldnt go to the signing sessions (just the madoka one)
But everything else was so good!

when they sang ongaku on saturday keiko pointed directly at me (at the "kimi no ongaku" part) because i was in the middle of the first row, i almost died :blood: :shy:

there was a lottery after the question panel
they asked some really easy questions like "which was kalafinas first song?" or "whats the title of their newest album?"
all people who thought they know the right answer had to stand up and play jan-ken-pon against kalafina, the last one to win could answer the question and if it was right, he got a price.

I knew all the answers, but lost everytime in the first round of jan-ken-pon, looks like i have no chance against kalafina :uh..:

at saturday, by accident, we saw them giving an interview to a tv station or something, but we were not allowed to take pictures... after it they went to another room and people on their right side could shake hands. Of course i was on the left :uh..:

i also have to say it was really nice to meet so many cpm members from around the world!
namely Zuiyon, Nobelly, Nyannika, RaveD, Maha, KaiSen, HimeWakana, FxMacCobra, mellii-chan and im pretty sure i forgot at least three names :uh..:
Thank you guys! It was really fun!

By the way, were known as "the people who were always in the front line" to Kalafina :XD:
(and zui now officially is a stalker)

AnimagiC was really a GREAT experience!! I was so so excited!! I found them just fantastic during the two live :shy: :shy: And TTB outifit is really cool!! :shy: :shy: I got the autograph of Seventh Heaven and I got compliments from Keiko and Wakana, because ,during the first autograph session, I started to sing along with them, "sora no Kagayaku Shijima ni wa" :dote: :dote: :dote: :cry:
I also had the honor of shaking hands with all three and see them on the first day on the street!! >////< They hailed me and the only thing I could say was "O my God".
I'm also very happy for meeting you guys and I would like to see the photos we did together!! :sohappy:
ps: I made the audio record of the first live, so I'll try to update on mediafire :P

OK, 2nd try now after my 1st post somehow disappeared.

Monday.....

Over. It's hard to find the right words now. Sadness because it's over, emptiness because I don't know when and if I'll ever see them again.
It's not the right place and situation to complain about all the organisation, it doesn't concern Kalafina, I didn't like how it was organized either, but complaints will have to go elsewhere, not here.

This weekend was without a doubt one of the greatest in my whole life, even though there were many problems and errors.

Wakana, Keiko and Hikaru are incredible singers with wonderful voices. If they weren't, they would not be working for Kajiura Yuki. Both of the concerts were magnificent, even though they didn't sing much from the new Album. The emotions, the love and effort they put in their songs is just overwhelming, it made me cry. In my opinion they don't deserve any critics because they are already very strict on themselves. If they weren't they wouldn't be so close to perfection. I say almost perfection - because I do believe they can even excel themselves.
Even though this is hard to believe, but I didn't think this Event would be half as great as it actually was.
Again, if the quality of the sound wasn't the best, it's not Kalafina who are to blame. They performed without a live band and you also have to know it's impossible to do a proper sound check at these sort of events.

The sweet and charming personalities of the three ladies literally took away the power of speech from me, I won't go into detail here, but you can tell Kalafina feel very close and attached to their fans, even though they were practically isolated.
The heavily limited amount of CDs was either on purpose or because the management fatally underestimated how much we will love and admire Kalafina.

Hi everyone,

I have got a little time and I have managed to find an internet connection.
So, I was really disappointed to do not manage to get any signature from the ladies. However, I was really glad to meet so many member from CPM. I want to apologize because I do manage to see Nobelly though we were in the same hotel.
The second concert was better than the first one. The sound was not too loud and the ladies could sing more naturally.
The Q&A panel was reaally fun and the band was really patient and nice and KAWAIIIIIII. Congratulation to the ones who won at the question-jakenpon-game.

For my pictures, You will have to wait for the middle of august as I am still in Germany and not coming back home still then.

If some of the members live in Stuttgart or Munich (Muensch), post on the forum and we could try to meet again (or manage to meet finally). In that way, You could see the pictures earlier :ohoho:

For my pictures, You will have to wait for the middle of august as I am still in Germany and not coming back home still then.
Thanks!!! :sohappy:

The sweet and charming personalities of the three ladies literally took away the power of speech from me, I won't go into detail here, but you can tell Kalafina feel very close and attached to their fans, even though they were practically isolated.
The heavily limited amount of CDs was either on purpose or because the management fatally underestimated how much we will love and admire Kalafina.
Totally agree!!

Question: On Sunday, did they performed the same songs as in Friday, and the only difference was Hikari no Senritsu or the whole setlist was different?

@george, yes, the setlist was the same on both days, just the last song was different. Missed them both unfortunately because it was the only chance to get the CDs and signature.... ;_;

Question: On Sunday, did they performed the same songs as in Friday, and the only difference was Hikari no Senritsu or the whole setlist was different?
Exaclty!! *___________* Both lives were great!! :dote:

Back