"Kalafina Arena LIVE 2016" September 10-11 (Kobe World Memorial), 16-17 (Budokan)

Sorry for the rant. I'm fairly Photoshop-savvy, so bad designs stick out like a sore thumb
Totally get it. I can't stand looking at Blaze for the same reason (I will murder whoever picked that red font and those borders)
Honestly ALL the text in the centre by the photos is unnecessary. The more I look at it the more I'm convinced it was put their because otherwise the spaces would've been blank, something which could've been fixed if there were 3 solo shots in the upper portion of the centre square with a group shot underneath them. Taking a second look I just noticed that the border goes through the "Kalafina" logo/text because it's underneath it and since the text isn't a solid colour block (obviously) you can TOTALLY see it. Straight through the extravagant K and A curls.

That's going to bug me FOREVER. especially since that part of the border is totally unnecessary and removing it could've allowed the Live's title to be their in a bigger font and in a much more logical location.

They REALLY need to hire someone else, The covers I make for my exercise books look better.

Yay for Mexico documentary and TSUIOKU!
I hope we can see the cpm members I met there and myself in the footage :D
I would be happy to see when the girls opened the gifts as well. :plz:

The concept of the cover isn't bad, but it wasn't executed well. I may think that it was rushed because the release is near.
The photos could have been merged with the background.
The border, like LacrimosaRaven said, is overlapping the logo... this thing is so easy to do in Photoshop.
What's about that date? This is not a calendar.

The dvd was meant to be cheaper than the BD right? Damn these capitalist Japanese people...

The concept of the cover isn't bad, but it wasn't executed well. I may think that it was rushed because the release is near.
The photos could have been merged with the background.
The border, like LacrimosaRaven said, is overlapping the logo... this thing is so easy to do in Photoshop.
What's about that date? This is not a calendar.

The dvd was meant to be cheaper than the BD right? Damn these capitalist Japanese people...

The photo merging with the background like in Consolation/FOTW would've also been a really good idea, however this way the text is easier to read, FOTW's blended with the background a little too well.

The addition of Friday in the date is also really odd, usually we only get the year. Looking at other covers the girl's names have also never been on the DVD cover before (though it is a charming touch.)

It's definitely weird that the DVD and BD cost the same, even with 2 discs. SME is a company after all, of course they would inflate the price.

Dont know if I should be happy or sad that 9/16 was the day that I had planned on going but in the end decided not to bust my ass and wallet to go see them....

Gonna get this! Exciting stuff... Perhaps their best live captured on camera

Ughhh why do the DVD's have to be region locked but the Blu-rays aren't? :comeback:
I'm probably one of the only people who still doesn't have a Blu-ray player...
Still, I'm really excited to see this, seeing Tsuioku finally will be great :dote:

^ I guess you could get one, they arent as much expensive as they used to be 10 years ago , according to a price comparing site of my country you can find one with 65 euros being the lowest price.

Or just use a video player on your PC like Media Player Classic or VLC, which ignore region coding anyway.

That said the difference in quality between DVD and BD is pretty damn big. It's worth it. You can get secondhand or sometimes new PS3s for really cheap these days and they do a fine job for BDs even if you never plan on gaming with them.

That... is an odd glitch. I've had issues like that with projector systems and the like before, but never with a PS3.

VLC also works fine as someone has stated before, love that thing.

I agree with Atas on the fact this may be one of their best lives yet. Though Kalafina lives do tend to get better (though that depends on the song.) I'm still shocked it's happening.

I'm shocked it's happening as well, I didn't expect it to be released after the WOWOW TV version, mainly because they would be releasing a large portion of something that had already been shown to the public. Despite that, I'm very glad ands excited that they are, because of the same reason as @Atlas Star and @LacrimosaRaven - It's one of their best lives yet. I'm really excited for Tsuioku, Hikari no Senritsu, the acoustic version of sprinter, symphonia, and Hanataba. This has to be one of their best tracklists yet, especially because I feel like the Budokan and FotW tracklists were lacking a little bit. I may be getting a DVD or Blu-ray player for Christmas because my old one broke, so if I do I'm definitely going to buy a copy :sohappy:

So it's like we're getting two lives for the price of one? Yay, that's great!
I'm not a big fan of the setlist since we've seen most of songs enough, while there are other songs that really need a live version (Samidare, I'm looking at you) or weren't performed in so long. But if they perform them as well as they did on the songs they already showed us, I'm sure they will be enjoyable anyway. Also, Red Moon is always enjoyable.
Looking foward to see Blaze live. I still don't like the song, but the only live version we got of it so far was so horrible I wish they do something decent this time.
Aaand kill me, but I'm the only person on this world who loves Mirai and really wants to see it again.
I agree the cover is... odd. It looks like the kind of thing my 12-years-old self would do on Photoscape. All those ornaments don't fit really the concept of "Kalafina" at all, and clash style-wise with the logo. Something more curly and elegant would do fine. I don't get what the setlist (in romaji!?) is doing on the cover. I don't get why the "Friday" is bigger than "2016". I don't get why "Wakana, Keiko,Hikaru" is there, we all know they're Kalafina, and if not, I'm sure they're listed somewhere inside. If I didn't know it was the official cover I'd though it was some cheap collage made by some fan =( Otherwise, girls on photo look fantastic ♥

So it's like we're getting two lives for the price of one? Yay, that's great!
I'm not a big fan of the setlist since we've seen most of songs enough, while there are other songs that really need a live version (Samidare, I'm looking at you) or weren't performed in so long. But if they perform them as well as they did on the songs they already showed us, I'm sure they will be enjoyable anyway. Also, Red Moon is always enjoyable.
Looking foward to see Blaze live. I still don't like the song, but the only live version we got of it so far was so horrible I wish they do something decent this time.
Aaand kill me, but I'm the only person on this world who loves Mirai and really wants to see it again.
I agree the cover is... odd. It looks like the kind of thing my 12-years-old self would do on Photoscape. All those ornaments don't fit really the concept of "Kalafina" at all, and clash style-wise with the logo. Something more curly and elegant would do fine. I don't get what the setlist (in romaji!?) is doing on the cover. I don't get why the "Friday" is bigger than "2016". I don't get why "Wakana, Keiko,Hikaru" is there, we all know they're Kalafina, and if not, I'm sure they're listed somewhere inside. If I didn't know it was the official cover I'd though it was some cheap collage made by some fan =( Otherwise, girls on photo look fantastic ♥

A. Someone else loves Samidare as much as I do!! Finally, hopefully it'll be played at acoustic shows. Honestly it deserves a live rendition, it's such a nice song
B. I'm also really excited for some newer lives of older songs, so nice to see them getting some love! (In Your Eyes is probably one of my favourite Kalafina songs.) Even if Kalafina sound different now, it's nice to know they haven't entirely been scapped and the changes are always interesting to hear (even if I have to warm up to them.)
C. I love mirai too (though it was one of the first few songs from Kalafina I'd ever heard, sooo... probably biased there.) As nice as Musunde is, it's way too long and it felt kind of put there as the obligatory happy song for the album, I like both.
D. yep, the cover looks cheaper the more I stare at it. Setting it as a tilled background for my school laptop was a BAD idea; it just ends up looking more and more like a 30 minute - 2 hour fan mock up, and while fan mock ups can be super cool and great, as a professional product being sold and put in stores it's honestly kinda sad and disgusting that it even passed and was made the final image. While other covers have had their faults at least they look professional. I could mock up an almost exact replica in an hour tops. Even then moving everything into place would take like 10 minutes.

Anyone know where I can watch the live now that it's off VK and Billibilli?

I just realized how good must in your eyes be with this guy whose hair some of you like (?).

Back