"Kalafina Arena LIVE 2016" September 10-11 (Kobe World Memorial), 16-17 (Budokan)

I wonder which day they'll put on the BD. I'm kinda hoping for the 16th for Hikari no Senritsu and Symphonia. That said, the 17th has Hanataba and acoustic Sprinter, but I'd have to suffer through Mirai. Bleh.

^ Im surprised you still remember its name if you hate it so much :3

I hope its the other day than the ones that was broadcasted, that way we will be able to compare the two.

I guess things we hate are much easier to remember than things we don't even care about :P

Apparently Hikaru made an announcement in the new blogpost about the arena live BD, that it'll be day one of the Budokan live, plus the bonuses will be the Mexico documentary, rehearsal footage and a recording of the tracks exclusive to day two in Budokan, so we'll get the whole lot. She said 5 songs so should include the acoustic sprinter as well? Also it'll be two discs.

Now to wait to give all my money away.

That sounds too good, especially the recording of day 2 songs part, maybe they will have a sample of them like in most "documentary" vids so far. '2 discs' as in disc 1 live dic 2 bonuses ? or it will be all in 1 disc in BD but in 2 discs in the DVD version ?

Well the post is on their line blog, but I can't read Japanese to confirm. Wonky google translate seems to infer the same result as the summary I saw.

This is a pretty big thing so I reckon it's possible we'll get the bonus tracks, people have probably been wanting them. It doesn't seem to refer to those tracks as part of a documentary, only the Mexico content. I'd assume it'll be one disc for the live and one for the bonuses, but it may well be all on one BD and two DVDs.

Not so far, with the exception of the After Eden album LE bonus BD which I can't play :comeback:. I think the Red Moon and one of the YK live DVDs (I think I recall hearing this?) are as well, but DVD region encoding is easy to bypass anyway.

All the other Kalafina BDs are region free/0 though.

According to CDJapan far on the water live Blu-Ray was region free but I dunno how reliable that is.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't notice that last line from Seasonreaper.

The recording is from the 16/9 (WOWOW broadcasted one) but they're also including the 5 different songs from 17/9 (Hanataba, Gin no Niwa, Mirai, Hikarifuru, sprinter) as extra, alongside the Documentary. This is good. The coverart is also out.

source: staff LINE blog post.

http://lineblog.me/kalafina/archives/67125779.html

6e6743714b2b306a5c6c6e107e79117a6a1f69023e38376e69737c14246369737e112f03626368321f623d6b223c6535.jpg

2017年1月18日(水)
Kalafina Arena LIVE 2016 at 日本武道館
DVD:SEBL-216~217 ¥6800(税込)
Blu-ray:SEXL-86 ¥6800(税込)
特典映像:The Document of Kalafina Arena LIVE 2016 at 日本武道館 and Kalafina LIVE 2016 “far on the water” in Mexico

the DVD has the same price as BD lol :sohappy:

Eeyup, was coming here to post this. Hikaru's post earlier was on point.

The cover looks a lot different to their usual ones, and I like it a lot more than their other covers. Looks neat. Not sure about the giant date though, seems unnecessary.

https://www.sonymusicshop.jp/m/item/itemShw.php?cd=SEXL-86

Edit: Heh, looks like SME listed an extra RYB at the end there? Unless that's played over the audio system a song they walked off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not good that it has the same price as the BD, since instead of lowering the BD's they increased the DVD's :XD:

@seasonrepear: i was thinking the same, probably is the ENDROLL

Last edited:
It's up for preorder on CDJ.
I'm so shocked, I never thought this'd happen

So the setlist is:
FROM DAY 16
1. Alleluia
2. Believe
-MC-
3. Storia
4. Hoshi no Uta
5. Neverending
6. Mune no Yukeue
7. Ring Your Bell
- MC -
8. Natsu no Asa
9. Tsuioku
10. Red Moon
11. Magia (Quattro)
12. To The Beginning
- MC -
13. Blaze
14. Destination Unknown
15. Identify
16. Signal
17. Ongaku
-MC-
18. Into The World
19. Oveture - In Your Eyes (Encore)
20. One Light (Encore)
21. Hikari no Senritsu (Encore)
22. Symphonia (Encore)
23. Ring Your Bell (Encore/End Roll)
FROM DAY 17
1. Hanataba
2. Kimi no Gin no Niwa
3. Hikari Furu
4. Mirai
5. Sprinter

and the mexico documentary.

So both days, thus two discs. We really are getting spoiled. There are so many tracks I'm excited for! (Neverending, Destination Unknown and Red Moon to name a few!) So many old songs seem to be working their way back into Kalafina lives which is really exciting. I thought they got rid of Destination Unknown completely, and In Your Eyes is so exciting among so many others!

SO EXCITED

The cover art is nice too, it reminds me of Red Moon's are has a very Noir, 1920's feel. Also I just noticed that all the songs are listed in English/ Romaji on the cover. Not complaining but it seems odd... in a country where you have kanji, hiragana and katakana being used which the entire population knows why write in romaji?
Is it for international fans??? Except why would it be when the only ways to purchase it outside Japan are a proxy service.

One day I'd love to meet whoever makes covers for Kalafina CDs/BDs/DVDs. Their choices are... interesting

One day I'd love to meet whoever makes covers for Kalafina CDs/BDs/DVDs. Their choices are... interesting
Whoever they are, they're not doing a very good job. Especially with the font and typography. The only Kalafina album art that looks good with the font is After Eden and Hikari Furu.

The photos taken are usually excellent, but bad font ruins the album covers. For the Arena BD, it's just bad composition. There's too much going on with the border, the girls' names are not well separated so new fans won't know who is who, and the setlist text next to Keiko is unnecessary.

Sorry for the rant. I'm fairly Photoshop-savvy, so bad designs stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm happy because of the release but I'm a little disappointed because of the neverending/hanataba... Kalafina performed this songs twice in Budokan... Why they don't perform e.g. sandpiper, progressive, door, serenato, mata kaze ga tsuyoku natta... Some of old songs which have released only once. Or more new songs e.g. usumurasaki, sorairo no isu... Of course it would be nice to see new performance but I miss some songs.

Back