Kalafina 4th album “Consolation”

Re:

george1234 said:
^ Is it me or they skip 80% of the Hanae chorus parts in consolation ? :XD:

yeah it's true :ohoho: :ohoho:

It's me or Wakana made a mistake?? :ayashii:

i lol a lot when wakana talks about kimitodo manga :ohoho:

and yeah yume no daichi pv seems like their usual pv, but the part that i like the most is keiko's 'hatenaku-'

Ahhh you guys are so lucky to have seen the live. And I would think that maybe after a few times of singing the song, Wakana will get it. It seems like a hard song to sing live, and since it is new, maybe that's why she forgot. I would not be able to memorize that quickly.

Also @nimsaj, you are so lucky too to have seen the girls there! What were they like? Did you get pictures? Please give a report!

Thanks for the vids, Yurika-chan!

consolation :
-Wakana really should train her lyrics memorizing skill more, it's happened a few times already.
-Hikaru is decent in the verses, sometimes too loud in the reff.
-Wakana failed in the 'aaaaa' in the first verse (after namida to nageki o kudasai)
-I really don't see a point of Wakana had to take that Kajiurago bit after the second reff.
-Keiko is pitchy in 'ka' in 'itsuka'
-Hikaru messed up the final Kajiurago, off-key and sang the wrong kajiurago.
-the harmony in reff is quite nice.
-Wakana is actually quite flat in the reff, it's understandable with the changing notes from low to high.
personal rank : 6.5/10

Yume no Daichi :
-Wakana did a good job here :dote:
-Keiko is quite good, save for her 'hora', which is not off, but somehow disturbed me (while I love it in the recording version).
-Hikaru is not that good, imo. I think her higher register isn't as good as it used to be, with she almost constantly singing in her lower register nowadays.
-Wakana almost missed one second (it's missed 0.xx second already) in 'sora wa aoku'.

personal rank : 8/10

got my copy last night :dote:
completely forgot that a photo booklet came with the LE...I love those pictures though :shy:
about the album, I enjoyed all the new songs and I know they'll all grow on me a lot in time. The only problem is that no matter how I look at it, the album is way to disjointed :uh..: the new songs fit together well I think, along with hikari furu and maybe manten...but the one singles song I thought would fit the best of course wasn't on it (yane no mukou ni)
love the latin lyrics in consolation and obbligato
and I've convinced myself that al fine is made up of lyrics from other songs/song titles

Thanks Yurika :tea:

Consolation Kajiurago : BANISHMENT, THIS WORLD! :blood:

Yume no Daichi was nice.

^ :XD: It's joke or i something don't understand? It's actually Kajiurago lyrics?

^of course it doesn't have any connection. That was just an expression.
There's a parallelism on my comment, see?
Yume no Daichi was nice.

okay, let me reword it. Remove the kajiurago or just use playback. It is not pleasant to listen to (it sucks) 100%. maybe 80%?

But then, I'm hopeful they will improve in the performance of this song over time. (It being a new song and all)
But we have oblivious live to prove me that I might be wrong.

Just listened to Consolation live, it seems like Wakana's high notes are getting better. Her vibrato during parts of the kajiurago was pretty good too.

Re:

Kowz said:
Just listened to Consolation live, it seems like Wakana's high notes are getting better. Her vibrato during parts of the kajiurago was pretty good too.
Do you have a record of this wonder? I wish listen it in live version. :ayashii:

I rearranged consolation to what I think is not so jumbled :XD:

al fine
consolation
to the beginning
hikari furu
Door
yane no mukou ni
hanatabata
moonfesta
mirai
signal
obbligato
manten
kichigo no shigemi ni
yume no daichi

and this is how I'll be listening to the album now :ohoho:

THANKS KOWZ! :sohappy:

Finally had time to listen to the album! And man it was good.

1. Al Fine: Looks like we have another Overture. :ohoho: It'll be great to hear something other than Overture at the start of every concert. Not that Overture was bad, but sometimes it's good to shake things up a bit. I understand why it has to be so short, but I wish it was longer. :(

2. Consolation: It's already grown on me after so many listens, and honestly it has been echoing in my head for some time now. :XD: It's my favorite song at the moment.... Until another Kalafina song replaces it. :ohoho:

3. Door: Very beautiful ballad! So soothing, peaceful and calming - Just what I look for in a Kalafina song! I really liked the harmonization at the end as well.

4. Hanataba: The use of the accordion was really surprising, but it's so very fitting for the song! I love the emotion conveyed, it's so... sweeping. I wish they cut out the initial accordion part though, IMO it doesn't really fit the song. Then instead of being just good, it'll be perfect! Just start straight with the vocals already! :P

5. Signal: I liked the fast-paced chaos. I liked the slow paced parts of the song, as well as the accordion, but I don't like them together. It doesn't seem to mesh very well during my first listen, and sounds really....chaotic. Oh, I see what you did there, Yuki. :XD: The fast-paced portion of the song is really really catchy though.

6. Obbligato: I think this suffers from the same problem as Signal, in that the fast and slow paced portions of the song doesn't seem to mesh well together, at least on my first listen. You know, I think it'll be much better if they mixed the fast and slow portions of Signal and Obbligato seperately into two different songs, the results might be nicer. :ohoho:

7. Kiichigo no Shigemi ni: Finally a Kalafina ballad with piano and violin! I was starting to worry that Kajiura was breaking out too much into new territory that she was ignoring the Kalafina classics and basics. Looks like I was wrong, which is definitely a good thing! This is the Kagayaku of this album, and I loved it immediately! I'm a sucker for piano/violin Kalafina ballads, they mesh so well with the girls' voices!

8. Yume no Daichi: It's very... grand, like what Storia was. Well, since they were composed for the same programme, the similarity is bound to be there. :P It's a nice song, definitely, but not outstanding.

Overall, the quality of the album is really good! (Naturally :ohoho: ) I like how Kajiura continues to experiment with different things, and it also shows a natural progression of the girls' vocal abilities. Overall, a great album!

Just listened to the niconico lives.

Man, it was painful to hear (or not hear) Wakana forget her lyrics in Consolation. And added on to that, they omitted some of Hanae's aaahhh-ing, which just makes the live really, really incomplete. Urgh. Everyone did great on their parts though, but their first live is usually a bit glitchy, so I can understand!

Yume no Daichi was great though, definitely no complaints here!

Back