Kalafina 4th album “Consolation”

@dando: I like the drumming in obbligato, maybe just because I love the song so much. Yeah, it does get a little repetative, but I think that's what makes the song.

I didn't hear Yuki in Door, listening to it again now with headphones so maybe I'll hear her this time. obbligato is still my favorite and could listen to it all day. it makes me close my eyes and forget everything. :dote:

@ritardando: We have Yoshiaki Sato in the musicians page, you can go and check http://canta-per-me.net/musicians/#Accordion (scroll)

Oh and I do like totetetometome, I just prefer Yami no Uta slitely more because of the powerful strings.

Kowz said:
Oh, and Yuki really took part in the chorus for obbligato. That was nice, I mean, when was the last time she took part in the chorus for a song of Kalafina?

Since After Eden. She also sang in Door.

Nope she does chorus in Red Moon and Seventh Heaven albums too http://canta-per-me.net/discography/kal ... e-edition/ in many songs too she just doesnt do it with the "Fion" style.

LOL @ wakana messing up during consolation. that song was a fail, but maybe in person, this song will be better. so i can't say anything until sunday XD

BTW, the girls were at the cafe today when my friend and i were there :dote: :sohappy:

Watched the niconico streaming too.

They sing to the beginning in the beginning of the streaming.

Yume no Daichi PV = another boring PV. I even prefer Hikarifuru over this one.

And I can't hear consolation live clearly, the traffic is too heavy with people commenting some unnecessary comment.

Yume no Daichi live is quite nice, though. But I've watched it with some problems too, so I couldn't say much.

It was definitely better than the Hikari Furu event.

Strong Wakana voice and she looked more comfortable here :shy: (I will never forget that strained look in HF event..). Although yeah, she slipped up during Consolation. :omg:

Hikaru's glare :hide:

Keiko was awesome! :dote: But that's IMO anyway.

But they talked like, 85% of the time and I couldn't understand a thing...

Just watched the stream.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see how much the girls have improved vocally, Wakana especially with her great control of her falsetto and throat voice. Too bad she messed up in Consolation, though she recovered quickly. On-key majority of the time.

Hikaru was on-key with her chest voice, off-key with her throat voice.

Keiko was a little underwhelming though, because it was as if she couldn't hear herself properly, so that may be why there's a very slight key difference between the two.

I'd rate this live a B+.

Everyone's got their copies already and it seems mine will not come today as I expected it. :uh..: It's in my post office but for some reasons they didn't deliver it at all. I'll probably get it tomorrow but I'm really getting impatient to hear the new songs...

@Kirito: Lets wait for a better recording first before rating (personally I had gone to eat when consolation started :uh..:, and even though I was recording the show the sound ended up really messed up in the record video so I will have to delete it :cry: )

in the pre-performance stuff it was funny that at first the guy wasnt around and was talking to them from the control room with eccho, as if he was god or something, and also Keiko talking about Pokemon :XD:

Considering how I had zilch problems watching the stream, I think it's spot on. :sparkleguy:

Anyways, the Yume no Daichi is probably on the same rank as every other Kalafina PV, though I would consider it better than to the beginning, Hikari Furu, Magia, progressive and Lacrimosa's PVs.

Just once I would love to see a Kalafina PV that's more than just the singers singing and random shots of the scenery around them. Damn their one-day shoots.

Managed to make it back in time to watch it :sohappy:

The video was so pixelated at the start! Lucky it got better during the going from room to room part of the streaming. That pic of Keiko playing Pokemon was soooooo cuuuuute. So cute that I forgot to printscreen it :desksweat:

Kinda sad that the "God" dude cut Wakana off when she was gonna start talking about that pack of thing she was holding after she finished gushing about her manga :XD: All that gushing was awesome though.

I was going awwww so sweet during their random talks in the first room but now I can't remember what they talked about :desksweat: I still need to work a lot on my listening and retaining info...

I know nothing about music so I can't comment about them being on key or not but Wakana sounded awesome as usual to me except for that little screw up. Keikoooooooo :dote: I thought Hikaru was a bit overpowering at times especially at the end of consolation but her voice IS powerful and pretty awesome.

Can't wait for their next streamed event on Power Countdown :sohappy:

Re:

george1234 said:
@ritardando: We have Yoshiaki Sato in the musicians page, you can go and check http://canta-per-me.net/musicians/#Accordion (scroll)

Oh and I do like totetetometome, I just prefer Yami no Uta slitely more because of the powerful strings.

Kowz said:
Oh, and Yuki really took part in the chorus for obbligato. That was nice, I mean, when was the last time she took part in the chorus for a song of Kalafina?

Since After Eden. She also sang in Door.

Nope she does chorus in Red Moon and Seventh Heaven albums too http://canta-per-me.net/discography/kal ... e-edition/ in many songs too she just doesnt do it with the "Fion" style.

I know that George, but chrisgarci asked when was the last time she did it.

I have a quick question for those who ordered on CDJ. Unlike my past orders, my Consolation CD has no indication of First Press Bonus, despite the fact that now, and when I ordered the LE DVD, the first press is still available. Did this happen to anyone else? I hope I still get the bonus. I really like the postcard.

They finally shipped it, though, and I can't wait to get it!!! :dote:

nimsaj said:
LOL @ wakana messing up during consolation. that song was a fail, but maybe in person, this song will be better. so i can't say anything until sunday XD

She forgot her lyrics, am i correct?
I'm really surprised.

@george :
It's just somehow sad for me that the #2 (consolation) has only a very slight difference in sales number than the #1. If only there are 29 people buy consolation more then it'll get the first place :XD:

I hope someone will provide a decent recording of consolation live. My connection was kinda bad that almost all Hikaru's parts and the first reff are left unrecorded :(

Back