Kalafina 4th album “Consolation”

ritardando said:
^
You know what, quo vadis Domine stucked in my head too. I really hate Hikaru's voice in the Kajiurago ending, but I find myself couldn't stop singing it. Cantisa sonte via iya!

This is one of the main reasons why I love Kajiura's songs. Even if I don't really like it, there must be some parts that get stuck in my head.
That's where I've been all day too, with random bits of mostly Hikaru popping up.

The lyrics sound interesting, and seem to be more in a direction we haven't heard much of before, especially with Latin incorporated into the song, and hopefully the lyric sheet- official, rather than implied Latin.

But even with interesting lyrics, and catchy parts to it, I don't think I'm going to be getting much into this song. The most interesting part at this point, save any lyrics, is the Kajiurago section right after the guitar. Still, it simply does not flow well enough for me, and I really don't see it as much more than a faster and oddly structured combination of elements we've already had in other songs, at least at this point in listening to it.

【Revised】Consolation Lyrics

【Kanji lyrics】       【Romaji lyrics】

Dominus, sonte filiya  Dominus, sonte filiya
Mistiya, ma vista, filius  Mistiya, ma vista, filius

息をするだけじゃ構わない  Iki wo suru dakejya kamawanai
もっと深くまで行くための  Motto fukaku made yuku tame no
涙と嘆きをください  Namida to nageki wo kudasai

_____正しいものひらひら  ______ tadashii mono hirahira
君の神様は激しく  Kimi no kamisama wa hageshiku
滅び去るものだけを愛した  Horobisaru mono dake wo aishita

quo vadis domine  quo vadis domine
その声は  Sono koe wa
祈りと呼ぶまでもうない  Inori to yobu made mou nai
いつか君の願いだけが  Itsuka kimi no negai dake ga
届くと信じている  Todoku to shinjite iru

Dominus esta  Dominus esta

張り詰めた空の雲とは  Haritsumeta sora no kumo towa
僕等は荷物を担んで  Bokura wa nimotsu wo katsunde
逃げるように積読って歩いた  Nigeru you ni tsundomette aruita

始まりの星は静かに  Hajimari no sora wa shizuka ni
君の行く先を照らして  Kimi no yukusaki wo terashite
青ざめた谷底に輝く  Aozameta tanizoko ni kagayaku

慰めを  Nagusame wo
いつか君の手の中に  Itsuka kimi no te no nakani
ほしがる心のままでは  Hoshigaru kokoro no mama dewa
届かない場所にある  Todokanai basyo ni aru

Contiye sola  Contiye sola
Firi diri ridiya  Firi diri ridiya
Misti yo'osa ara  Misti yo'osa ara
Adiola, I mia  Adiola, I mia
Sorti filiya  Sorti filiya

あきらめず手を伸ばす  Akiramezu te wo nobasu
欲深い心が  Yoku bukai kokoro ga
いつか  Itsuka
満たされて眠るまで  Mitasarete nemuru made
光にともる道を(?)   Hikari ni tomoru michi wo (?)

Dominus, sonte filiyo  Dominus, sonte filiyo
Mistiya, ma vista filius  Mistiya, ma vista filius

なんでも食べたい楽しみ  Nandemo tabetai tanoshimi
かじりついた夢吐き捨て  Kajiri tsuita yume hakisute
哀れみをくださいと叫んだ  Awaremi wo kudasai to sakenda

慰めを  Nagusame wo
いつか君の手の中に  Itsuka kimi no te no nakani
すべて___つくした頃  Subete ___ tsukushita koro
届くと信じている  Todoku to shinjiteiru

Cantisa sonte via ia  Cantisa sonte via ia
Antisa sonte via ia   Antisa sonte via ia
Cantisa sonte via ia  Cantisa sonte via ia
Antisa sonte via ia  Antisa sonte via ia

【NOTE】
① The Kanji lyrics are based on my guess,
sorry for some mistakes.
② (?)…Perhaps this part of the lyric is incorrect.
___…I can's catch the part of the lyric.
③The Kajiurago's lyrics were based on all posts from the board.
④"quo vadis domine" means "Sir, where are you going." in English.

I appreciate all your help! (Especially, the Latin sentence and Kajiurago.)

@Takashi: "Dominus" translates to both "Sir" and "Lord" in english, but in the case of this song (as well as salva nos) the word "Lord" fits better since it refers to the God.

Re:

ritardando said:
^
Yeah, It's Hanae and Yuriko for me. Hanae is the one who did the Kajiuran...and Yuriko did the "aaaaah" in the stanzas. That's why I think that this song is something between Mata Kaze (the stanzas) and Kyrie (the reff).

I feel it's more like Magia meets to the beginning and Kyrie.

Don't like the refrain at all but I like the energy of the whole track.

^that is what I think of the song as well. I love Wakana's part, it sounds like something from Phantom of the Opera or some big stage performance.

I like that it has new Kajiuran, or at least something I have not hear before. Especially at the end.

Re:

george1234 said:
@Michael: I dont listen much because If I overdo it I will have gotten tired or it by the time the album comes out :XD:
:XD: :XD:
don't worry George sama~
i did listen to consolation like crazy (seriously.. like crazy..)
i love this new (pirated) track..
can't wait for 14 days..
it's my new jam~
:V:

Just when I decide to absence myself... :imdead:

I love the song :sohappy: Its dark and deep and...not very consolating, as someone said.. :XD: but it's good!

It's like Magia and TTB and Adore rolled into one, but still manages to sound melancholic...guess Kajiura-san decided to do something "maniacal" for once. :ayashii:

I got the feeling it's an opening song for some anime... I thought of Madoka, for some reason. :plot:

nice pic :shy:

and wakana's hair seems shorter :ayashii:
photo2.jpg

I just realized that Consolation reminds me of Kioku no Mori, since I am listening to it right now. The weird Kajiuran part in the middle and even the guitar. Although the guitar is better in the Yuuka song in my opinion. heh

^^ Nice picture! :nosebleed:

Listened to "consolation". I am a bit dissapointed. :uh..: I actually like the song but the problem is, that we already know all of the elements in this song from other Kalafina songs! (Btw, Yume no Daichi is also such a candidate in my opinion :uh..: )
Well, if the other songs are more original, it won't bother me that much!
I also loved all of their singles of this era, so I'm still optimistic about their 4th album!

(To be honest, what bothers me the most is the shorter runtime of this album! :stupidtable: )

Wow a 3 pages interview! I woud kill to get it translated, at least the parts that are related with the new album songs :knife:

the problem is, that we already know all of the elements in this song from other Kalafina songs!

maybe past YK collaborations and groups had only released up to two albums for a reason :ayashii: :knife: :knife:

Re:

george1234 said:
Wow a 3 pages interview! I woud kill to get it translated, at least the parts that are related with the new album songs :knife:
George, you're really scaring me... : :plot:

Re:

joel_jman said:
the problem is, that we already know all of the elements in this song from other Kalafina songs!

maybe past YK collaborations and groups had only released up to two albums for a reason :ayashii: :knife: :knife:

Actually See-Saw are on 4 album as well: I have Dream, See-Saw, Early Best (sort of re-cup), DreamField, and could release a 5th one by gathering their unreleased songs which are about 9. http://canta-per-me.net/yukis-vocalists/see-saw/

Re: Re:

george1234 said:
joel_jman said:

Actually See-Saw are on 4 album as well: I have Dream, See-Saw, Early Best (sort of re-cup), DreamField, and could release a 5th one by gathering their unreleased songs which are about 9. http://canta-per-me.net/yukis-vocalists/see-saw/
Now I would kill to get new album with their unreleased songs!
I want it so much :cry: George why you say this? Now I'll always think about possible See-Saw's album :cry:

Unreleased See-Saw songs:

- Dream Field (the song) http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/in ... shinseido/

-And then finally, for the first time in eight years, your third album is released on Feb 21. What meaning does the title”Dream Field” have?
(Kajiura) One of the meanings is, that I’ve made songs for openings and endings of animes, which are fiction(=dream) . And the other is,that a new song named “Dream Field” was going to be the title song. In terms of recording capacity, however, that is not contained in the album. I was not sure whether to contain “edge”, too. When I listed all of the songs, I found this song was a little too characteristic to contain in the album. This time I didn’t contain it because I wanted to emphasize a flow of the songs.

- the ones listed here (well one is realsed under Kalafina, but wouldnt hurt to listen to the original) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3562&hilit=surprise

- Atarashi Yokan http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/atarashi ... -at-jusco/

and they should probably also include Kimi wa boku ni niteiru single since its not in any album.

that makes 11 songs.

Well if Chiaki really appears as secret guest in YK vol 10 with might have a chance for it :plot:

^ Besides Edge, which is only available as a full version on the long out-of-print single and the still-available .hack//Link OST, Seijaku wa Headphone no Naka 「静寂はヘッドフォーンの中」has not appeared on any album.

Back