Kalafina 4th album “Consolation”

HOLY MOLY :omg: Thank you geeeoorrgeee~~~ :chuu: :chuu: :sohappy: This just made my day :TdT:

EDIT:

Whooooaaaaaa...it's like...Magia x Red moon x TTB with a bit of Kyrie thrown in there for me...and yes it totally does sound like some sort of shounen fighting anime OP somewhat? :XD: But it's so intense... :stars: I love the different parts individually (like, Hikaru's verses and Wakachan's choruses) but I'm still deciding how much I like them when they're put together, since they seem a bit different to me, sort of like the verse and chorus come from two different songs and it's cutting between them. I'll probably love it after a few more listens anyway :XD: Now I'm wondering how on earth a song like this could be in the same album as a song like Yume no Daichi :ayashii: Looks like Kajiura-sensei really isn't too worried about sticking to a set album theme lol XD

EDIT 2:
I like Wakana's voice in Consolation, but...this song is quite fast so I wonder if she can sing it live at that speed without losing her breath :omg: Like how Kajiura was worried about killing Kaori from air deprivation when she first wrote stone cold at a really fast tempo lol :swt: :XD:

it seems this album is going to be all over the place...ttb...moonfesta...hikari furu...then consolation all in one album /is whacked
still looking forward to it though :ohoho:

I really like consolation :shy: any dark Hikaru is automatic win for me. Different from previous Kalafina songs too. But I really don't see how the song fits the title "Consolation." The dresses too for that matter :XD: maybe it'll make more sense when the lyrics are translated
I had planned to listen to Kala club live today but of course this was the one day that I wasn't home -_- thanks for the recording :bow:

Re:

Descratic said:
Not what I expected. I like parts of it, like the Kajiurago melodies and such, but it doesn't seem to flow very well... Like Hikaru and Wakana's melodies seeming to be from completely different songs (and Hikaru's seeming mostly new, while Wakana's sounds more like its from Symphonia or Adore or something- I don't hear Kyrie as much) and I could barely pick out Keiko...
And the guitar endings (like Ritardando mentioned) and solos that seem to pervade coming out now are getting yet more tired.
So... I'm not sure what to do with this song. I hope the rest of the album is more instantly likeable. :uh..:

THIS. This is exactly why I dislike this song. I know Kajiura loves to auto-piloting her songs from the stanzas to the reffrain, but this song being the worst from them all for me.

+1 to 'I hope the rest of the album is more instantly likeable'.

And this song prolongs the list of Kalafina titular album song that I dislike, 'cause tbh I never really liked Red Moon and Eden.

:nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed:
love it love it love it ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's the beginning and almost end kajiurago that i can pick up:

Dominus, Sonte Filiya
Mistiya, Ma Vista, Filius

edit:
a little thought.. is it Hanae.. or REMI.. ??

^
Yeah, It's Hanae and Yuriko for me. Hanae is the one who did the Kajiuran...and Yuriko did the "aaaaah" in the stanzas. That's why I think that this song is something between Mata Kaze (the stanzas) and Kyrie (the reff).

I guess the only parts that I like in this song are the kajiurago stanzas and the chorus. It will really take a while for me to appreciate this... a bit longer comparing to when I was listening to their other songs.

Focusing on the second chorus...

quo vadis domine
慰めを
いつか君の手の中に
ほしがる心のままでは
届かない場所にある

Google translates the japanese stanzas as: "Not reach the location of the heart is still in the hands of you wants someday to comfort (hence, consolation - nagusame o)"

I think I can appreciate this song due to its message of "spiritual longingness" or something like that...

OMGGGGGGGGG

Consolation is awesome!!!:nosebleed: :nosebleed: I was getting worried because I found all three singles quite boring. This is my favourite rock metal-ish song since Mata Kaze ga :sohappy: All I need now is a cd-quality version :plot:

100% agreed with the person that said the album is likely to be all over the place :XD:

Thank you george for posting :cry:

Re:

quo vadis domine
慰めを
いつか君の手の中に
ほしがる心のままでは
届かない場所にある

Thank you for the lyric! (Especially Kajiurago!)

Dominus, Sonte Filiya
Mistiya, Ma Vista, Filius

Thank you for the lyric!
It's very helpful!

Re: Re:

@2Takashi156 said:
quo vadis domine
慰めを
いつか君の手の中に
ほしがる心のままでは
届かない場所にある

Thank you for the lyric! (Especially Kajiurago!)

^ The first lin is latin, not kajiurago viewtopic.php?p=223547#p223547 :)

do you mind if I merge the 2 previous posts of you?

here's the bridge chorus imo (from 2:13 to 3:06) :

canta iya

cantia sola
firi a mistiosa ara
adio i mia
sorta i via

end of song:

Hanae:
canta iya
ara

Hikaru:
cantisa sonte via ia
antisa sonte via ia
cantisa sonte via ia
antisa sonte via ia

@George1234
I appreciate your advice.
I revise my lyric including your tips.

Cf. According to Google translate, "quo vadis domine" means
"Sir, where are you going."

Re:

chrisgarci said:
I guess the only parts that I like in this song are the kajiurago stanzas and the chorus. It will really take a while for me to appreciate this... a bit longer comparing to when I was listening to their other songs.

Focusing on the second chorus...

quo vadis domine
慰めを
いつか君の手の中に
ほしがる心のままでは
届かない場所にある

Google translates the japanese stanzas as: "Not reach the location of the heart is still in the hands of you wants someday to comfort (hence, consolation - nagusame o)"

I think I can appreciate this song due to its message of "spiritual longingness" or something like that...

Now that I read the lyrics again, this song basically not a spiritual longing-ness, but more of someone doesn't satisfied with God. The way I get is like that.

Oh my, the ending sounds so similar to Kaori Nishina's Zodiacal Sign. :fwa:

Okay, I'm starting to really like this song, especially when Wakana sings "quo vadis domine" right after dark-Hikaru's verses! :ohoho:

Quo vadis domine... :dote:

Quo vadis domine... :dote:

:shy:

^
You know what, quo vadis Domine stucked in my head too. I really hate Hikaru's voice in the Kajiurago ending, but I find myself couldn't stop singing it. Cantisa sonte via iya!

This is one of the main reasons why I love Kajiura's songs. Even if I don't really like it, there must be some parts that get stuck in my head.

:ohoho: I like Hikaru's kajiurago in the end of song. :knife:
Song sounds very interesting. And i also think that on chorus singing Hanae Tomaru (and of course there must be Yuriko too).

Yeah, Consolation! ~ ♥
I love Hikaru's powerful voice in the stanza! :shy: But I have to agree that the transition from stanza to chorus is kind of confusing... It doesn't seem to fit properly, does it? :confu:
But all in all, I quite like it, especially the Kajiurago-parts! :nosebleed:

:dote: :dote: :dote:
i just can't stop listening to consolation~
so exited~ and my favorite part is the kajiurago~
so, here's a sum up from george sama's and me.. plus a little edit~

Dominus, Sonte filiya
Mistiya, Ma vista filius

Dominus Esta*

Dominus Esta*

Contiye sola
Firi diri ridiya
Misti Yo'osa ara
Adiola, I mia
Sorti filiya

Dominus, Sonte filiya
Mistiya, Ma vista filius

Dominus Esta*

Cantisa sonte via iya
Antisa sonte via iya
Cantisa sonte via iya
Antisa sonte via iya

*= kajiurago that following the refrains
most chorus is an "Aaah.." i don't write them because it's just too much..

Woah, idk what to say..when i dld it (thanx George :bow: ) I listened it twice in the row and now its stuck in my head. Somehow I like it, powerful, dark, nice melody.
Quo vadis domine attached to my heart :shy:
And Hikaru is really great too!

Then I thought of umineko no naku koro opening.
Hmm, I am preparing to watch it now when I finish higurashi rei and kira :ayashii:

it seems this album is going to be all over the place...ttb...moonfesta...hikari furu...then consolation all in one album /is whacked
Yeah, it looks like it will be the mix of everything till now :ayashii:
But somehow that makes iot really intersting, dont you think? :ayashii:

Oh my, the ending sounds so similar to Kaori Nishina's Zodiacal Sign. :fwa:
I wouldnt notice it until you pointed it, but somehow it kinda does..

Hm, Im still interested in this album since it sounds so....various :ayashii:

@Michael: I dont listen much because If I overdo it I will have gotten tired or it by the time the album comes out :XD:

Back