Kalafina 4th album “Consolation”

Seijaku was a b-side for Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru, IIRC. :ayashii: So if a new album is ever due, I think both songs might make it.
(ninja'd by George, too lazy to delete :XD: )

Commenting on Consolation: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed:
Just so many delicious things - powerful dark verse, wailing and longing refrain (does remind me of Kyrie, but I admit I like this one better), fancy guitar solo, chorus (especially in the bridge, sounds a lot like Hanae Tomaru... or maybe even Fion?)... :goodjob:

As George said...it's a big surprise for me....O_O.... I guessed for a consolating ballad but it turns out to be sth. really different...lol. It still sounds so Kalafina-ish with the mix of feelings from many previous songs... really think of Magia and sth. faster like Progressive and Kyrie.

The song itself is a kind of...mixing...mixing so many stuffs together.... (and coz they're the stuffs I like, it turns out that I like the song so much.) I feel the big contrast between Hikaru's energetic&fast verses and slower&smoothier Wakana's&Hanae's part. It would be nicer if it can be splitted into two different songs. (I prefer Hikaru's&Keiko's section. Wakana's hook is a bit blah...)

So much Hanae.... but I feel that her calm voices is quite out of place...it's a big contrast as I said.. I may prefer solely Yuriko or Wakana herself. (But if Hanae's lines were picked out with some proper parts of melody&mixing, I bet that it'll be a good Kajiurago track.) IMO, what I don't like is the singing of the girl themselves. Their voices sound not that full. Wakana's quite-high hook sound too strain (just like what I feel with her recently singing for Kalafina in TTB, Manten, Yane no Mukou Ni, etc.) While I think that Hikaru would do better if her part is slower. They sounds really good in the (slower&lower) bridge. (and the bridge really make me think of Adore now.)

The endings sounds so random, but I love it....Hikaru's part really reminds me of 'The Battle is to the Strong'. :XD: (BTW, I believe that she'd sing better if it's slower.) The instrumentals sound so awesome. It must be epic at live...:). Even each of them sounds, like the song structure, quite random and doesn't blend well.

Finally decided to pre-order....my money...Orz. I guess that this will be another Manten-issue for me... I don't like the singing and the improper structure of the song, but really love the melody and all other ingredients....

I love Hikaru's verses and Hanae's chorus the most. Refrain reminds me of Kyrie so much, but I like consolation's one more. Even so, refrain doesn't blend really well with the rest of song.

I love dramatic bridge - especially guitar solo and Hanae's chorus. I don't like repetition of first 15 seconds in the middle of the song - it feels kinda random to me.

I think ending is awesome - even if vocals are kinda weird. It makes ending memorable. Most songs have repetetitive endings but consolation is different. It makes me want to listen to it to the last second.

A lot happens in that track. It's feels kinda chaotic at first but after listening to it like crazy I started to love it. I hope even better songs will be included on the album. :shy:

Wow these look delicious! Will there be customised menus served during the cafe again (eg: Keiko salad) ? I dont think they will make new merchandise ,but rather sell the consolation and old Kalafina week ones if they still have stock.

@george1234
I don't know about the menu cuz' there is no detailed announcement.

YAY! KALAFINA CAFE!! :sohappy: i'm probably going on monday!!! so excited ^.^ next week is going to be amazing. cafe, consolation, then the free live :dote:

Re:

nimsaj said:
YAY! KALAFINA CAFE!! :sohappy: i'm probably going on monday!!! so excited ^.^ next week is going to be amazing. cafe, consolation, then the free live :dote:
HimeWakana said:
wiii!! Please take pictures :sohappy:
Yes, yes! Please! :plz: Especially if there are will be Kalafina-chan. :dote:

Wow, I'm so late to this discussion. I just listened to Consolation. :XD:

It certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Hikaru's verses, Hanae/Yuriko's chorus, and Wakana's Latin are the best things about this song. While I'm not fond of the ending by Hikaru, it is also stuck in my head. So catchy! :omg: Just like others have said, it feels a bit disjointed. :uh..: It'll take some time, but I think I'll like it more.

Re:

Kowz said:
Anything new on today's Kalafina club? Or is it tomorrow?

nothing new. they played moonfesta, yume no daichi, consolation

Re: Re:

Phantomus said:
nimsaj said:
HimeWakana said:
wiii!! Please take pictures :sohappy:
Yes, yes! Please! :plz: Especially if there are will be Kalafina-chan. :dote:
Yes yes!! +579387503457

Well, Im 0.0000000000000000001mm close to ordering Consolation so Ill ask one question. I already know the answer but I wanna be sure because I have a very bitter experience from ordering from the internet from past.. :bloodlust:
So....Is CDJapan safe to order from, without a doubt on being tricked or frauded?

^ I only have "to the beginning RE" from CD Japan so far, but it came faster than storia RE (which was from yesasia) and undamaged too (storia had a small scar on the case front) and was very well packaged. Other members will enlighten you better :)

Back