Kalafina 18th single "One Light" for Arslan Senki [confirmed]

ew I hope they won't sing any more songs for fate series since all their fate-related songs are bad (and yeah that includes manten) if they're making more fate series anime. I'm not keen for Kajiura to be in charge for another fate series either because as you all know i consider her works for zero as one of her lowest ever.

They won't have time for album recording... Maybe on the beginning of 2016 we can except (finally) new album :cry:

Sometimes I do wonder why you're even here, ritardando.

Arslan's setting is what's making me interested and I reckon it could bring a different style for a new song, something more European or middle-eastern maybe? That would be pleasing.

Middle-east style would be great :love:

But it's still no official announcement

Yeah, maybe One Light is for the Fate Heaven's Feel, or the next season of UBW. (Just watched the last episode of season 2, wow.) But we'll see. It definitely feels like a Kalafina title, or maybe even a FJ one. I would like a FJ album too. *sigh* Yuki is so busy. I can't imagine the stress she must have, with how awesome she is to be able to do all this. And the girls too of course and the band.

Yeah, maybe One Light is for the Fate Heaven's Feel, or the next season of UBW.
There will be no "next season" of UBW. The second season will be the end of that particular story... and it can easily be argued that even giving it a full 26 episodes was seriously pushing it. I mean, at this point it feels like you could cut half the content from each episode and still hit all the necessary notes for the story to not only make sense, but be a compelling experience as well. Like, did we really need an entire episode of Archer explaining his motivations before he and Shirou start fighting, only for him to then repeat his motivations all throughout their fight which lasted for an episode and a half itself?

Heaven's Feel is a possibility, but I feel like if that was coming out so soon, we'd have a release-date by now.

Heaven's Feel is probably still in papers since no announcements have been done about it apart from that they will do it in movie. I suspect they will start working on it after UBW ends, which means it will be out in at least in a year. Hoping for a Kajiura soundtrack as she doesnt seem that busy, and the dark atmoshere is quite close to KnK if I judge from the trailer. She recorded that new thing in China, and now she only has YK vol 12 and then nothing.

Catalogue numbers for the single were just updated today on the generasia page. 'One Light' could just be a working title though.
CD+DVD SECL-1741-2
CD+BD SECL-1743-4
CD SECL-1745
CD+DVD SECL-1746-7
And Baidu added the number for the analog ver. too
Analog SEJL-28
So total 5 types
Like, did we really need an entire episode of Archer explaining his motivations before he and Shirou start fighting, only for him to then repeat his motivations all throughout their fight which lasted for an episode and a half itself?
Yeah , the last few episodes were a serious drag. Archer sure loves his monologues. And really Shirou? "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right." ... -_- Either it's bad wording by Crunchyroll's translators or the script was half-assed.

Last edited by a moderator:
^What Aniplex (Hulu) translated was "My dream cannot be wrong, it cannot be wrong!" or something like that, if that is what you are talking about.

One Light seems like a very weird title for a single in their case. seems more like an album title in my opinion but i don't know anything.

I don't mind another tie in as long as it sounds good.
A song for Arslan would definitely be interesting. One light sounds happy though, I was hoping for another dark song. haha

Yeah , the last few episodes were a serious drag. Archer sure loves his monologues. And really Shirou? "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right." ... -_- Either it's bad wording by Crunchyroll's translators or the script was half-assed.
It's kind of a hard line to translate into English but the literal translation is something along the lines of "your correctness is being just correct, I don't need something like that" which is also a bad translation, but yeah I think there are better ways to phrase it then the famous "just because you're correct … " line though lol.

@shiki: Oh analog (vinyl) again ? This makes the KnK compilation even more possible :)

@lapis: One Light can be a title, we have had weirder ones like moonfesta progressive, non fits their style either. I just hope the title doesnt end up as a not-connected-with-the-lyrics-phrase like in ring your bell,

@shiro: saw that translation on anilinks few days ago ;)

It's kind of a hard line to translate into English but the literal translation is something along the lines of "your correctness is being just correct, I don't need something like that" which is also a bad translation, but yeah I think there are better ways to phrase it then the famous "just because you're correct … " line though lol.
I saw it translated in a fansub as "Being right isn't everything". Of course, some have argued that the CR translation makes sense if one sees it as "Just because you're (factually) correct, that doesn't mean that you're (morally) right!" but yeah, the way they phrased it just came off as really awkward and kind of "People die when they are killed"-esque. (Though I hear that line also made sense in context. I haven't seen the old FSN series yet though, so I wouldn't know.)

^I was kind of confused on the whole Shiro and Archer thing since I did not remember that from the first one, or F/Z. I know he was the creation of Shiro's dream to become a hero, right? But how did he become created? It's just so weird, and it ended kind of weird too.

Ooo another vinyl, may have to try for this one since I actually have a record player. And yay for a confirmation! I mean not on the title, but for the single. And One Light could be a "darker" song, or sadder. And it may be in Japanese, it was just translated that way. So it would be Ichi no Hikari? Please correct me if I am wrong. I want to learn so badly.

^I was kind of confused on the whole Shiro and Archer thing since I did not remember that from the first one, or F/Z. I know he was the creation of Shiro's dream to become a hero, right? But how did he become created? It's just so weird, and it ended kind of weird too.

Ooo another vinyl, may have to try for this one since I actually have a record player. And yay for a confirmation! I mean not on the title, but for the single. And One Light could be a "darker" song, or sadder. And it may be in Japanese, it was just translated that way. So it would be Ichi no Hikari? Please correct me if I am wrong. I want to learn so badly.
He was created because Shiro made a contract to become a hero after his death. I've not read the VN, so I don't know the exact details though. I think the anime skipped some things and is different in some ways.

One light would be 一つの光 Hitotsu no Hikari :)

Back