Kalafina 18th single "One Light" for Arslan Senki [confirmed]

In the same link, people are saying that the song is the new ED of Arslan Senki, sounds pretty consistent

:ayashii:

Arslan Senki aye? I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about it. Plus with that setting and the writer behind the original story it could well turn out interesting. Or it could turn out the same as the last few songs and sound mediocre. Who knows.

In the same link, people are saying that the song is the new ED of Arslan Senki, sounds pretty consistent

:ayashii:
It's just their speculation, not the confirmed news. Because theme song for Chaos Dragon will be published by TOHO and God eater will be pulished by Lantis, not SME, so Arslan Senki 2nd ED becomes the most possible one.

Wow, even the anime titles have gotten kind of generic. We already had Soul Eater (which I enjoyed, it was weird but the kind of weird that I liked). So yeah, kind of hoping it's not for it. Though we don't know much on it yet. But One Light sounds like a more uplifting title. Or maybe it will be something different like Magia, which was not so generic I did not think. And wow they've had a lot of English titles for singles recently (if it is a single) Heavenly Blue, Believe, ring your bell and the far on the water title, which maybe will be the b-side for this single, that is what I am thinking anyways. And then we'll get an album in Sept or Oct since that's when most of the others have come out right? I seem to remember it being that way anyways. Well, I will be patient and wait for news. One Light makes me think of the girls in really flowing dresses again, like for Hikari furu.

i can only imagine it will be something like ring your bell...if that is the case i will be sorely disappointed
if i am wrong and it is like hikari furu then i'll be on the fence
if it by some miracle is turns out like lapis, i will jump for joy

Arslan Senki is one of the best anime of this season IMO ( I didnt know it was more than 12 eps) and its plot characters and setting can inspire a pretty good song, just watch Aoir Eir's ED for it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpAn09ZQdmE (funny how Aoir Eir has up to date Vevo but Kalafina doesnt)

Last song for age-specific anime was Kouya Ruten

It's just their speculation, not the confirmed news. Because theme song for Chaos Dragon will be published by TOHO and God eater will be pulished by Lantis, not SME, so Arslan Senki 2nd ED becomes the most possible one.

Yes, I know it's just a rumour, but to get confirmed, the series is the most probable, and I really like it

Another single already?
considering they've done so much this year already, I'm guessing there won't be an album this year
Next years album better be bloody glorious

It's two years after consolation... It must be album :wai: (ok, I know, they are people not machine). I'm really tired of singles...
From the other side single with opening/ending for popular anime sounds good!

God Eater's OP is already taken by OLDCODEX so One Light could be the ED. (TBH the title sounds like a ED one to me)

tbfh I am not excited for new single, especially anime tie-ins. I think after heavenly blue, believe, and ring your bell the reason is quite obvious. And I'm pretty sure people will hit me by saying this but this era B-sides are almost all the same to me. The only song I really liked is lapis but the rest of the B-sides (Tsuioku, in every nothing, and Koibito no lalala) all sound the same to me. At least with new album Kajiura could explore "newer" sounds that have more variations/instruments used other than those songs with almost all the same melody lines with heavy electric guitar and/or cello/strings background. I know Kajiura used a rather different melody to end the phrases in Koibito no lalala but it didn't change my opinion about the song, it's just a mash up of older B-sides with a little bit tweak here and there. There is also almost no uniqueness in this Kalafina era B-sides, which is a shame because B-sides are actually the place where Kajiura can unleash her creativity the most. imo this Kalafina era is the most not creative of all. Well after writing all of this now I'm not sure if Kajiura still has enough creativity in her head to make the next Kalafina album fresh lol but maybe she can still surprise me like with consolation album.

I sure hope this rumor is just a rumor. If there is indeed going to be a new single in August, I can only pray it won't be as bad as their previous 3 singles.

^and that someone can update every asian artist's profile without any sign of confirmation.
For example, they already added Aoi Eir's new album D'Azur to her profile and two weeks after, its finally confirmed. It goes the same with the other artists as well.

I have a feeling that a new album won't drop until next year. Not until after they do another tie-up for Heaven's Feel.

Back