http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3789357923

4版本发行预定

发行公司:SONY
厂牌:SME Records

可以发专了

4 versions
title: One Light

No more singles, I want my 5th album! :cry:
Better be just a rumour. They have no time for it. YK vol 12 ends in July 19, and there is Animelo and Machi Asobi and then the Kalafina Tour with what looks to be an album. If they release a single in August, people will buy it only for the b-side as the title song is going to be included in the album few months later.

Is there any work that could fit the Music Yuki Kajiura recorded in China and a Kalafina song ?

Last edited:
No, no, no ! :comeback: It can't be true! Where is my album?

So if it's true far on the water isn't a name of 5-th album

^ That's not certain. They can release single on August and then either include the title song on the next album, or count it as first single for the album after the 5th, and so release 5th album album around October. Seriously, do these girls ever go on holidays ?

btw checked all summer anime and the ones by A-1 pictures and ufotable are already "taken" as for composer, so Kajiura's music isnt for anime of summer. (these anime are God Eater - ufotable - or Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri by A-1 where no OP/ED are announced)

Last edited:
If this single will be released for anime, it could be the Ending Theme for God Eater since it will be done by ufotable. If not, then maybe it would be related for the new work of Kajiura? Or new opening in Rekishi? Or no tie-in ala-progressive? :XD:

It follows the pattern, actually. Well, pattern-ish.

Seventh Heaven had Oblivious + Sprinter/Aria + Fairytale
Red Moon had Progressive + Storia + Hikari no Senrtisu +Lacrimosa
After Eden had Magia + Kagayaku
Consolation had Hikari Furu + Moonfesta + To the Beginning
The Best had Alleluia + Heavenly Blue + Kimi no Gin no Niwa
New album will have Believe + Ring Your Bell + this new song

If anything this seems to implicate that The Best counted as an album in their chronology and that the singles before it were for that, plus the time period matches up as well.

I wouldn't put it past FotW being a b-side here.

^ except "heavenly blue" wasnt really a single because it was released in "best blue" and released it only as Anime Edition because fans liked it alot, same for its PV (I dont talk about us here, but the japanese)

What on earth is going on :XD: Ah well, even if it's not an album, a single is better than nothing, I guess

Maybe it's being released as a single to promote the album? Artists releasing a single deliberately just prior their next full-length is quite common, right?

Of course, it could be that SME are money-grabbers who don't know what they're doing. Again. :bloodlust:

I think its not a rumor anymore since generasia site has been revealed its release date: 2015.08.12
http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Kalafina

Its nearly a month after the release of 'the best' BD/dvd. . .well, im looking forward to it though I wanted a 5th album so badly xDDD

I'm guessing it's the op or ed for God Eater. With the exception of Yoyo and Nene, kalafina has been involved with every ufotable project since KnK.

edit: nvm, I just remembered that God Eater is airing this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
edit: nvm, I just remembered that God Eater is airing this summer.

But the single is being released in August, which is still summer. And singles are usually released 1 month after the anime starts airing.

Ex. UBW started in October 12, and Believe was released November 19.

To be honest, I hope the song is not for GE. I have the feeling it would just end up being another generic anime song.

@sora: baidu page now says August 12 too, so maybe they got it from there.

if its not for Got Eater it can be for the A-1 anime I menthioned, since Kajiura did SAO for them.

To be honest, I hope the song is not for GE. I have the feeling it would just end up being another generic anime song.
^Agreed.

If it's a tie-in, I'm not so hopeful that I'll like it! If it's a more conventional "promoting their next album" move, it's likely to be closer to how the album will sound overall.

Although their roots lie in anime songs, I'd like to see them work outside the constraints of that market occasionally, especially if (as we've seen in recent months) the end results of doing a tie-in song are less impressive than what they do as B-sides and album tracks.

^ well they have already done that with RHH. Storia and Symphonia where pretty good but Yume no Daichi and far on the water are of the same style as symphonia (so, not their own style) and this has left me with a nautral impression.

And if they go to game songs, you can probably use FJ's "eternal blue" and Kalafina's "Hoshi no Utai" (probably my least favourite out of Red Moon album) as examples to see that Yuki isnt getting much more creative there either :(

Why would it end up being 'another generic anime song'? God Eater is based on a game. The opening sequence for the original at least isn't what I'd call a 'generic anime song'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3NXwbvnb-o

Here's the sequel's opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Uy_b6K2cM

Then again, neither of these sound even remotely what I'd expect from Kalafina, but they might take a slightly different direction with the anime. If the new song is for God Eater then I'm kind of expecting something midway between hard rock and electronica, maybe like Signal?

Back