Kalafina 10th Anniversary Live at Nippon Budokan (2018-01-23) (BD/DVD Release June 13/2018)

I'm just here to say that I've watched the 10th anniversary concert aaaaaaand it broke me in pieces lmao. Last concert as trio... I'm still in my withdrawal phase.

By the way, Wakana's facial expressions here are considerably her better ones. Perhaps it's on par with the Blue Day live.

What was her reaction? I saw she seemed flustered but that's all I got
I think Wakana's reaction to lirica in the documentary will answer your question.

...think George misheard or mis-interpreted a couple of scenes...
Wakana and Keiko say ordering the songs that the fans selected out is really difficult and say the fans have selected a a hard combination of songs (to put into a live in a sequence that makes sense). So they said "This is a tough order from the fans" - referring to all the songs they chose, not Lirica.

In the solo practice sessions with wakana that looks over Wakana's Lirica notes, Wakana laughs and says "this is embarrassing" regarding the random notes she scribbles into her music - because she writes things that no one understands.
Looking closely at her notes, they say things like "falsetto here", "aim to get pitch perfect once today", "its okay to be stronger/more assertive here".

At no point in the documentary does she actually say Lirica is difficult.
Ever since George said it a few pages ago I've rewatched the doco to see if I missed it. But I didn't.

I think they probably don't perform is much for the same reason they don't dress the same as they used to? Their image/sound/branding has somewhat changed?? Or maybe they didn't think people like those tracks? *just speculations really*

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe they didn't think people like those tracks?
Definitely a possibility with other songs, though with lirica specifically I believe this is the second time it was chosen in a poll, first time was for a FJC live (best 20 iirc). If it's been chosen twice in polls then they should know fans like it XD

Thanks for the clarification, though!

I don't feel like writing a complete report, but I loved this live. A bittersweet yet exciting time for the 3 of them, you could definitely tell they were pouring out all of their emotions in it. My favorite songs in it would definitely have to be lirica, 屋根の向こうに (Yane no Mukou ni), ARIA (yes, ARIA), serenato, 君が光に変えて行く(Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaeteiku), progressive, and the entire encore. Overall, Wakana sounded completely awesome during this live, Keiko sounded mega deep (and mega awesome) during lirica and Hyakka (among others), and Hikaru sounded roughly the same as in 9+ONE (to say, better than all the ones from red/blue day-arena)

My tweetstorm that I made while watching it: :tea:

I got mine yesterday, and took some notes. I actually thought Hikaru was struggling for some of the songs, but ARIA and progressive were awesome. Lirica... OMG LIRICA! Wakana killed it, though she looked like she was having a tough time, but it is such a hard song to sing (I have a hard time and I am also soprano.) Keiko's Kajiurago... Keiko did give too much oomf (if that makes sense) during some of the songs, like Alleluia at the end, but I think she was trying not to cry. Sprinter was great this live too! Wakana was great all the way through... except for Hikari she was losing momentum at the end, but anyways. I will give my full review tomorrow probably. I enjoyed it, and glad I got to see: Kantan, lirica, serenato, progressive, Yane and Hyakka (one of my faves, wish they would have sung: Marchen, obbligato (my favorite song, instead of heavenly blue, and Tsuioku, but at least we got those in a live) btw... actually enjoyed this heavenly blue live. I like Wakana's part a lot, but Hikaru and instruments are weird.

Does anyone have any good rips of the live in mp3 format? Please?

Have just finished watching the 10th anni movie. To think that none of Kalafina members makes it to my Top5 favourite Yuki's vocalists, I'm not that sad when I knew all news about them after Yuki leaving SC. However, when each of them bid farewell to the fans and left the stage one by one after the Budokan live ended, it's kinda emotional, knowing that they won't sing together on this stage anymore. Samidare has never sounded so sad :(.

My BluRay copies of both the live and documentary have only just been dispatched from cdjapan as I preordered it with Stormblood soundtrack which has only just come out. I cant wait! Does everybody here like this live?

What the heck was this ARIA?! What was that kajiurago? :| Have they been doing it like this before this anniversary live? TBH Keiko annoyed me to no ends in all the backing vocals.

Back