Forum & Chat & Main Site Complaint Thread 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be possible to only allow users that has registered more than a week can open new thread. Those too new are not allowed to open thread, maybe can just post replies and create introduction thread.

So, @george1234 , I put some restrictions on sidebars to speed up page load.

- Yes, guestbook, calendar, twitter, and site updates is restricted.
- Why we give a twitter feed instead of just a link to the twitter ... I don't know.
- Calendar usually takes twice as long to load as the rest of the page, I got reports of pages timing out and it seemed to be the cause.

I don't receive email notifications about anything, not even 'confirmation emails' about my account :(( I thought it was only for a few days, but it's now two weeks of no email alerts even though the inbox is always full when I access :/

@Sudrien Can we make the forum able to recognise emojis from smalrtphones lije those google ones ? Every time i enter some they appear on the typing field but disappear right after i submit the post.

@Sudrien we are getting repeated new spam accounts from the same IP address, 103dot69dot246dot49.

Shouldn't an IP address be blocked or rate limited if it has a history of spam?

@Sudrien please also do something for the main site issue where most sidebar plugins don't load in pages other than the home page.

Also for some weird reason, affiliate links with cd japan on all newspost have been somehow deactivated even though the script is still inside each post.

Last edited:
The guestbook, if spam DOES get through, is likely to de-rank older pages that don't change often.

...running a test on affiliate links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back