FictionJunction 4th Single - distance/eternal blue

^ To be honest, I agree wholeheartedly with you on this. I think she's probably comfortable and perhaps a little unknowing of how similar it all sounds, so she keeps doing it because it's simple and, in her opinion, sounds perfect. And while it's all well and good to compare her music to mainstream and find it much better, her more recent songs seem to be declining in quality...

I actually haven't heard very similar melodies yet between songs, but if that happens, then I'll be extremely worried :@_@:

^
I think Yuki songs isn't declining in quality generally, but rather decline in originality. I actually like a lot of her current song. Its only that some of her works look so much like her previous work that we have a feeling of her recycling her works.* its totally fine to build up a particular style (so her works maybe sounded alike in general) but to an extend of Man ten & distance, its a bit too much

*(I almost wanted to say 'plagiarizing herself', but I don't want to start an argument, so let's be kind to her...)

^ Ah, that's a much better way of putting it than how I said it :XD: I agree with you!

Re: FictionJunction - distance

And, while I do agree that FJ needs to have a change in arrangement (despite Aerokun's great band analogy)

I should have added that, while FJ kinda works that way, I'm not just resigned to that; FJ does have a real band to support them, so there would be no problem in chaging the voice arrangement. I agree with grunty when he says "Kajiura is stuck in this choir harmony (or feeling comfortable with it) and is taking the easy way out - always giving the same girls the same parts...". Things work fine that way, but she shouldn't just stick with that forever.

Re: FictionJunction - distance

aero.senpai said:
And, while I do agree that FJ needs to have a change in arrangement (despite Aerokun's great band analogy)

I should have added that, while FJ kinda works that way, I'm not just resigned to that; FJ does have a real band to support them, so there would be no problem in chaging the voice arrangement. I agree with grunty when he says "Kajiura is stuck in this choir harmony (or feeling comfortable with it) and is taking the easy way out - always giving the same girls the same parts...". Things work fine that way, but she shouldn't just stick with that forever.

Of course, Yuki-san should explore new things in the music industry like having Keiko singing gothic rock like Evanescence. :ohoho: Just thinking. I can imagine Keiko singing Evanescence's "Oceans". That would be epic. :XD: Anyway, when I heard the beginning of "In the Land of Twilight, Under the Moon" live where Yuriko started singing, I'm impressed with her flowing and echoing voice. And perhaps Yuki should put her as the main vocal of one or two songs once in a while, although she sounded better singing Kajiurago parts.

I just listened to the clip on the main site. . . I really like it, but it does sound a little similar to "Manten". . .

I just feel Yuki lacks the opportunity for her to express herself...such a brilliant composer like Yuki won't possibly be stuck like that...

Maybe the directors of the animes or whatever ask her for a specific style of music?

That's most likely the case...normally when i get attached with a film producer, he/she would tell me...i need like in this scene certain type of music to fit the image, another part-compose about nature as the couple is walking in a forest etc etc...moreover mine are just amateur composition...Yuki sama's one are like really official soundtracks XD i normally only do about 5-10 soundtrack for local drama lol XD she does like o.o lol :ohoho: *All Hail Yuki sama...* :swt:

^But what you're saying is that the film producer asks for a song that will fit the image, but not necessarily in a specific manner. He doesn't say "use a crazy violin solo here, have Wakana as main vocal and bla bla bla". He just gives the composer some basic directions so he or she won't do something that has absolutely nothing to do with the product.

I still think that Mr. director-san is a poor guy. He changes from tv series to tv series and from time to time he ends up being pointed out as the potential culprit for the patterns Kajiura has been using in her songs nowadays.

I still think that Mr. director-san is a poor guy. He changes from tv series to tv series and from time to time he ends up being pointed out as the potential culprit for the patterns Kajiura has been using in her songs nowadays.

Ya true poor producer :uh..:
But again patterns isnt a bad thing :ayashii:
Will always love her music :ohoho:
I all Yuki needs is a little push+time+motivation
Well i really did enjoy her recent usage of Tokyo Konsei, i felt it was fitting to theme of Fate/Zero...maybe she should starting calling back Emily Bindiger :waii: I miss the Emily days :glasses:

Ew, no. I've already had enough of Emily's return on Cazador, Pandora, Fiction II.

I think Kajiura sama should really use Kaori more often in her OST
Keiko+Waka-chan did for KnK
Waka-chan did for Pandora Hearts, the one with (where my lights are~)
Yuriko did for countless soundtracks
I really liked when Kajiura sama used Kaori for Reikishi no Historia II in Fruitless love!!! :nosebleed:
After hearing Kaori harmonize in Distance, i think she could make a potential Kajiuran soundtrack artiste! (Hint: Maybe that's why Kajiura sama started to use Kaori for harmony in Distance :fwa: )

^ @ grunty: agree, Emily's appearance in Fiction II was dissappointing, (March, chorus in 'I swear') I would prefer some other vocalist, lets say Clara Kennedy, Mragert Dorn or Deb Lyons, or even KOKIA ( :nosebleed: too good to get true)

KOKIA!!!!!! :dote: :dote: :shy: :ohoho: :sparkleguy:
OMG YES YES YES!!!!! TOTALL KOKIA!!! STARTS FAN GIRLING!! :chuu: :cheer: :plz: :glasses: :whip: :stars: :gimmeh: :psst: :waii:

Re: Re:

grunty said:
Kajiura is stuck in this choir harmony (or feeling comfortable with it) and is taking the easy way out - always giving the same girls the same parts... Hell - even the same melodies.
It must take less time and efforts for the girls to learn the new song. All they have to do is to memorize the new lyrics :ohoho:

^ Except for Kaori (and maybe Yuriko too) who hasnt learn nor manten nor Kagayaku, and will need to learn the whole song.

Both Kaori and Yuriko have Toki no, eternal blue, stone cold, Parallel hearts and so on :ohoho:

Back