FictionJunction 4th Single - distance/eternal blue

Re: Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
Nick Hunter said:
So... I remember people saying To the Beginning was "Kalafina going FictionJunction"? Now, enjoy FictionJunction going Kalafina!
My thoughts exactly :uh..: I was like "er are you sure it's FJ, not Kalafina?" :blood:

Haha Maybe Yuki thought that too... and saw peoples' reactioins to ttb, and then decided to create distance. I still like it though. Especially the ending.

The chorus is a bit weak; i didn't even notice when it changed from the pre-chorus.

But overall, i like it.

Re: Re:

Liana_Ilia said:
Alphard Sokaina said:
Nick Hunter said:
So... I remember people saying To the Beginning was "Kalafina going FictionJunction"? Now, enjoy FictionJunction going Kalafina!
My thoughts exactly :uh..: I was like "er are you sure it's FJ, not Kalafina?" :blood:

Haha Maybe Yuki thought that too... and saw peoples' reactioins to ttb, and then decided to create distance. I still like it though. Especially the ending.

Maybe distance was originally composed as a Kala song, then discarded and given to FJ? :ghost:

^And was the reverse for ttb? LOL, guess Kajiura is mixing her files :XD:

Re: FictionJunction - distance

^I can see her on the computer having a file for Kala and FJ and then going into one accidently when she is really tired or something. Then she's like "oh well, I'm sticking with this song for FJ" (or the other way around) lol But I would hope not in real life.

^ :XD:
I get the impression that when composing manten she ended up with those two, couldn't decide which to scrap, so she was just like, "Okay, let's give this one to FJ, then..."

:imdead: :XD:

I think I've more or less given up a long time ago on expecting Kajiura's music and vocalist arrangement to sound original, fresh and creative but that doesn't mean I've grown bored of them. It's just that I've resigned myself to being ignorantly complacent in the way she handles her music nowadays. :ohoho:

With that said, I honestly like "distance". Definitely love the background vocals and how they complement the main vocalist. Looking forward to the full version. Hopefully they won't pull another "eternal blue" in keeping us waiting for goodness knows until when.

Yup, this one is really Manten ala FJ. The song structure is totally same. And I still prefer Manten over this one. Kaori's voice is not as "tragic" as Dark Hikaru (Yeah, Hikaru's voice is totally growing on me) But I love the chorus. Keiko in harmony and Yuriko in kajiuran background is really epic, and the way Wakana sings this one is smoother than what she done in Manten.

Well, if all FJ songs turn out to be like this, the rest songs for the album (if they're going to make one) better be a solo songs for Keiko and Yuriko.

And seriously. Korenaga is the one who re-arrange Gatherway. Gatherway is so not a FJ song.

the rest songs for the album (if they're going to make one) better be a solo songs for Keiko and Yuriko.

and Yuuka! :listen:

And seriously. Korenaga is the one who re-arrange Gatherway.

Wasn't Yuki involved as well? The violin and the chorus sound definitely FJ-style.

I loved this song, seriously. But I think I need the full version to love it even more ♥
Well, I like the verses more, but the chorus is okay too.

About the new single or album, I would prefer no Yuuka involved *runs*
But Keiko and Yuriko songs are really welcome <3

Re:

ritardando said:
And seriously. Korenaga is the one who re-arrange Gatherway. Gatherway is so not a FJ song.

And yet the booklet says "FictionJunction". So the Everlasting Songs version of synchronicity is also not FictionJunction, right?

Nick Hunter said:
Wasn't Yuki involved as well? The violin and the chorus sound definitely FJ-style.

According to the booklet she did the "chorus arrange".

^agreed.

Keiri said:
I think I've more or less given up a long time ago on expecting Kajiura's music and vocalist arrangement to sound original, fresh and creative but that doesn't mean I've grown bored of them. It's just that I've resigned myself to being ignorantly complacent in the way she handles her music nowadays.

I could the say the same myself. I learned that FJ works somewhat like a band, and thus I shouldn't just keep expecting that the bassist would come out front and play guitar, for example. Not that I wouldn't love if the said bassist would get more guitar parts, but I know I just have to be content with the bass bridges she gets :XD: :tea:

^ Again, you make a great point :dote: :XD:

Anyway, on the topic of Gatherway, I think it's a tough song to judge, but here's my opinion: While it was sung by FJ, it was written for a solo vocalist, by someone other than Kajiura-sensei, so I don't consider it a "normal" or "actual" FJ song. And, while I do agree that FJ needs to have a change in arrangement (despite Aerokun's great band analogy), I don't think it's likely just because Kaori sang lead on Gatherway...whether or not FJ was credited as performer.

while I do agree that FJ needs to have a change in arrangement (...), I don't think it's likely just because Kaori sang lead on Gatherway

I have no idea what you just said here. Whoever said Kaori singing the whole Gatherway was a foreshadowing of future arrangements?

it was written for a solo vocalist,

And what's stopping Kajiura from writing songs for solo vocalists again? It can still be called FictionJunction (there were solo songs on Everlasting Songs after all).

^ Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way...I was just recalling what you said about FJ needing more solo-based arrangements, and guessing that it was unlikely. As usual, it came out wrong :XD:

Re:

ninetales said:
I was just recalling what you said about FJ needing more solo-based arrangements, and guessing that it was unlikely.

I know it is unlikely. My opinion was simply wishful-thinking.

Kajiura is stuck in this choir harmony (or feeling comfortable with it) and is taking the easy way out - always giving the same girls the same parts... Hell - even the same melodies.

Back