FictionJunction 4th Single - distance/eternal blue

^haha

I can play Distance sort of okay on the violin. I think it will need a lot of practice, but I got it down pretty well with only one try. There may be a cover (if a short one) in the works soon. I actually think it would have been better instrumental, since I do enjoy the karaoke a lot. Or with Kajiuran all the time.

To be honest I was all hyped for the single because when I heard the TV size of DISTANCE i fell in love. After a few tens of fives of listens, I've gotten tired of the song. :/ Never was too hyped about ETERNAL BLUE.

I'm super glad I didn't buy the single.

I'm sorry I just had to express my disappointment in this single like 102830 TIMES. I'm SORRY. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just noticed, or rather realized that Distance is a waltz (yes, I know I am slow) this morning in the car, and imagined Yuki and the girls waltzing with each other in beautiful outfits. It was strange, but I think this would be an awesome PV. lol

Liana_Ilia said:
Just noticed, or rather realized that Distance is a waltz (yes, I know I am slow) this morning in the car, and imagined Yuki and the girls waltzing with each other in beautiful outfits. It was strange, but I think this would be an awesome PV. lol
What... I don't think that I can catch that slow-quick-quick rhythm from the song.... :omg: ...or there is another criterion to classify a song as 'waltz' like those waltz in classic music (which I don't think I can 'waltz' with those songs...lol.)...:confu:. (May be I should post this in the vocal discussion thread..? No..it isn't about vocal... :uh..: .)

Kagaribi no Hanabira said:
Liana_Ilia said:
What... I don't think that I can catch that slow-quick-quick rhythm from the song.... :omg: ...or there is another criterion to classify a song as 'waltz' like those waltz in classic music (which I don't think I can 'waltz' with those songs...lol.)...:confu:. (May be I should post this in the vocal discussion thread..? No..it isn't about vocal... :uh..: .)
THe feel of the song is very similar to the 3/4 waltz time signature, but DISTANCE is actually in 6/8, or so I believe.

Okay, I guess I was wrong. It seems like it's going to be in the beginning I think, which is why I thought it was. I should know more since I am taking violin lessons. heh Still, the girls dancing in a ballroom like setting would be better than anything they have done yet for a PV. (Although I did like stone cold's a lot.)

^I wanna see them do this once.....all of them..!! (including Yuki..lol.)

Pretty sure it's in 3/4.

Doesn't have the feel of 6/8. in my opinion.

Eternal Blue has been looping into my head ever since the release. the full version is so lovely, esp the gir's harmony and the violin.

Fans who hate "Distance" for being the new ending song instead of Find the Way are just likes retards who can't move on and can't accept good changes. I agree with Kagaribi that it's already GS Re-mastered and it's their choice whether to change the song or not, and I think it's a good thing. I personally love Mika Nakashimas's Find the Way but I love Distance more, just accept the change.

Re:

Mwhlr said:
Pretty sure it's in 3/4.

Doesn't have the feel of 6/8. in my opinion.

Loving.Keiko.Kubota is correct.
"Distance" is in 6/8.
You can hear it easily from the snare drum hits during the non-upbeat parts, such as:

"doushiyoumonaku
ubaiau hibi dakara
tada hoo ni furete
sukoshi dake hohoenda"

"yawaraka na yubi de
kanashimi o atatamete
koufuku no tane ga
hitotsu dake mebuku you ni"

We could hear clearly there that the snare drum edge (the metal thing surrounding the membrane) was not hit at the 4th beat during those two parts.

The drum at the end stanza also gives a clear sign if it's 6/8.
During this stanza:
"hanarete ita kokoro ga
te o nobasu mune no shinjitsu
sakamaku sora o koete
onaji hikari no hou e"
The first 3 beats have less drum hit variations than the last 3 beats.

@murrue: I just listened to EB twice on the way to work this morning. Even though I've had the song for awhile now, I still am in love with it. I do like the violin and harmonies as well.

And thanks for clearing up the timing... I should be more musical knowledgable. :dote:

CD with the card I received from Yuki Kajiura:

70911.img.jpg

Attachments

• 70911.img.jpg
    70911.img.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 70911.img.jpg
    70911.img.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 70911.img.jpg
    70911.img.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 70911.img.jpg
    70911.img.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 208
Liana_Ilia said:
@murrue: I just listened to EB twice on the way to work this morning. Even though I've had the song for awhile now, I still am in love with it. I do like the violin and harmonies as well.
Indeed the violin and harmonies makes wanna listen to it again and again.

Kugayama said:
CD with the card I received from Yuki Kajiura:

70911.img.jpg
Can you show us the letter? if it's not possible it's okie.^_^

Attachments

• 70911.img.jpg
    70911.img.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 70911.img.jpg
    70911.img.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 70911.img.jpg