FictionJunction 4th Single - distance/eternal blue

Kagaribi no Hanabira said:
Moreover, the fact that it REPLACED Mika Nakashima's 'Find the Way' which is one of the most fans' favourite from the series even made some fans HATE Distance. So....I don't think that having GS tie-in can help that much....

That's sad to hear. :uh..: Well as Ritardando said " let haters be haters and lovers be lovers..."
More fiction Junction for us :plot:

^ lol I dont get it, why should people blame that song itself for the replacement instead of the people of Sunrise that decided to do the replacement :XD:

^
They didn't blame the song. What Kagaribi means is the old GS fans loved the Mika Arisaka's song more than Distance (seeing the song as one of the GS best, maybe) to the point that they don't bother to buy the single. GS fans usually buy anything GS related, though. Just look at FJ Yuuka and See-Saw's GS tie-ins. They had the best sales for overall Kajiura's work.

Ok...finishing listening to it. For the Distance vs. Find the Way, it isn't the first time in Anime Music world.. Sometimes it's about 'Familiarity' of the anime-fandom. It's just difficult to accept something different from what they had in the first place. I remember how FF fans criticized Angela Aki's (who sang 'Kiss Me Goodbye' for FFXII) rendition of 'Eyes on Me' (which is the famous song from FFVIII). (In contrast, I absolutely prefer Angela's new version) And the anti-reaction from Evangelion fans when they knew that Utada Hikaru would sing the new theme song for Rebuild of Evangelion (instead of using Cruel Angel Thesis&Fly Me to the Moon) even made a news article... FictionJunction case is such a very small case... Well... I agree with you...let haters hate and let lovers love..^____^

Even I really prefer the short version of Distance to of Eternal Blue, I love Eternal Blue full version more...lol. Yuriko's&Keiko's part in the bridge sound so awesome...!!! Distance is a bit plain..., but I still love the melody. Seriously, when the intro ended...I was gonna sing "Shizukani matataku..." lol. But for me, the atmosphere and melody of Distance are enough different from Manten. No dark&mysterious feelings in it.. just the sorrow in the real life. (I mean the life without magic or any supernatural power related..lol.) I'll definitely order this one...:)

george1234 said:
^ lol I dont get it, why should people blame that song itself for the replacement instead of the people of Sunrise that decided to do the replacement

Its something like: What if your favorite utahime got replaced( oh God NOO! :cry: ). What would you feel about it? In most cases, the fans will probably hate the replacement no matter how competent she is. :uh..:

I keep thinking that distance/eternal blue is something like an inverted FJ version of TTB :ohoho: I think it's because of the similarity between distance and manten, and how TTB and eternal blue both have a kajiurago opening...and Wakana's 'kirei na' in TTB corresponds in my head to her 'kieteitaa' at the beginning of EB... :desksweat: :XD:

Re:

ritardando said:
^
Yuriko looked so old. Kajiura is somewhat chubbier. Kaori's outfit is so plain.

She looks bored/unhappy. The other girls don't smile, but they have a look of mysticism/power on their faces. Yuriko just looks out of her league. She may be older, but she doesn't have to look that way. She looks young normally...

Will I get into trouble if I said Yuriko reminds me a little bit of a goldfish in that picture?

:plot:

lol I actually thought of some kind of fish too when I looked at that pic. Or it looks like she's getting ready to kiss the camera.

lmao god forbid you say anything negative about the songs but it's open season on the singer's looks apparently

Re:

Kobalos said:
lmao god forbid you say anything negative about the songs but it's open season on the singer's looks apparently
^ferreal LMFAOOOOOO :sparkleguy:
True story.

While I'm instigating a fight, I might as well distract the thread away from the buliding tension. HEHEHEHEHE >.>

Distance was a big disappointment to me.... just the same repeating thing AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN....... the more I listen to it the more depressed i am by the fact that this song is pure CRAP. -__________- KAORI's take on the second-to-last chorus was lame and plain BOOOOORING.

Eternal blue just sounds like a clutter of unused musical melodies to me.... the violin solos were so random, and at points I felt like I was on some loading screen for a game (before you all hop on me and go WELL YEAH THATS WHAT IT WAS FOR DURHHH) well the instrumental bits should have been more organised for a vocal song if you're going to PUT IT ON A SINGLE.

Okay, I really didn't mean anything by it. (I was agreeing with Mwlr and Kerahna) Sorry. (And yes there are some songs by Yuki and even FJ that I do not care for.)

^ No, no, I know that, I've nothing against you. I'm just sighing at the general ridiculousness of it all lately.

^I do agree that this wasn't their best single ever, and distance could certainly be better. But EB still gets in my head. heh

Sometimes you can't help songs sticking in your head, no matter the quality.

COUGH AKB COUGH

Back