Fena: Pirate Princess: OST & OP & Taiyou no Kouro ENG ver in Junna's "Dear"

"So when I try to make an orchestral arrangement of one of my songs, I end up in a lot of trouble (laughs)."

this sentence is so cute :)) i want to give her a hug. she definitely has raw potential and can write orchestral music as discussed numerous times before. elephant in the room : "when I try" . she DOES try to write orchestral music. that makes me super happy.

@grunty actually "got"as in purchased. i think it's still in japan lol. i got it through playasia, it had much cheaper shipping (cdjapan's was almost as expensive as the cd itself grr!)

@george1234 I think the strings in that song is delicious. no wonder she thought of that hehe.

I hope she will KEEP trying orchestra.
Like in the Xenosaga, Hokuto no Ken, Fate/Zero good old [timeto sail! is definitely a very nice attempt.
I'm afraid that it could rather be a confession that she does try to avoid orchestra as much as possible and even more nowadays (obvious downgrade from F/Z to F/HF).
If not, it's never too late to compose your own symphony, Kajiura ^^

Care to elaborate how Heaven's Feel was a downgrade from F/Z in this context? (Can do in another topic to not derail this further.)
I mean, looking at the musicians itself, both are the same shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMYMnKci3Ww
people are still trying to figure out Kajiurago xDD

I've been trying to dig out comments/reviews of the soundtrack. In another forum, it was very well received (by orchestra fans no less).

what I a joy to listen to the ost with headphones and catching all the layers. it's just amazing.

also despite the overpowering flute , the use of double bass in what she was here for at the end is very good I hope Kajiura makes use of it more often.

Yeah, I’m imagining someone being excited about the finale and then being like, “Wait. THAT’S how it ends?!”

I want to forget about that.

BUT I do want news for Taiyou no Kouro's release. They are still keeping that song a big secret from Japanese audiences... Kajiura was like "there's actually more music after the last track on the OST if you watch the episode" in one of those OST interviews.

Nothing. :/

If they don't reveal anything by that Umi to Shinju Full MV youtube premiere, I'll be very disappointed.

To be fair, it is 4 AM in Japan right now. So there is a chance something could be announced a bit later.

But, yeah, hopefully we do get some kind of information.

Or they wanna drag the "secret" out til the Tokyo-MX airing that Kajiura is watching, lol. (Monday night.)

I guess that music video youtube premiere date is something peculiar.

Has anyone figured out if m048 from the rips is part of any OST track? I can't hear it anywhere. Not that it's significant but still (or maybe not even Kajiura's contribution)... Everything else is on the OST in one way or another.

About "the land of east".
For a supposedly filmscored track they sure edited it hard in the show (at least in the international stream), lolz. Maybe they tweaked the episode after BGM recording and needed to match the BGM again... or the director just thought better...
(The "silences" are always different, sometimes one is early or late. The part at 2:16 in the rip is edited from the OST part at 5:00. 5:55 in the rip inserts the harp from 0:33 twice.)

landofeast.jpg

Last edited:
So a digital release 🙂

We even get some lyrics

we will soar beyond the stormy skies even if the sorrow comes

and sadness try to tear me down
show me your smile I feel alive in the sky
I look up for tomorrow

crossing straight to the clouds walking the route of the sun singing my song so loud and clear.

The cover lighting is so bad, a selfie would be better.

Last edited:
official digital jvc page
https://jvcmusic.lnk.to/Taiyo_no_Koro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u5eSzsl7oo
^ official auto-generated upload, should work whenever it hits midnight for you

Taiyo no Koro lyrics from uta-net
「太陽の航路」
作詞・作曲・編曲:#梶浦由記

君が笑う風の中で
失くしたものにやっとサヨナラを言った
もう行けるね、明日へ
髪をほどいて