Fena: Pirate Princess: OST & OP & Taiyou no Kouro ENG ver in Junna's "Dear"

Yeah, it's the Japanese, English and two other songs. The others are all instrumentals. But yeah, it is unusual. I like the 2nd pic better with her walking. First is kind of sloppy photoshop.

The part with Mary in the cave putting her ear to the ground to hear which way to go, and then the captain (or whoever the red headed chick is) is like 'so this way then!' cracked me up. I just watched Slayers again and it reminded me of Sylphiel with her staff, it just falling and Lina was less than impressed. I am loving the show. The music is enjoyable too. I was pleasantly surprised with the swordland track. It had some nice parts, it's just the strings really that remind me too much of the song. Still, I may find myself listening to it on the soundtrack.

Yay, finally played a tiny bit more of that one track I want, though it kinda sounds a little more percussive than wide synth untzuntz this time. Curious how I will feel when it gets released. (010) The "la pucelle" track is always so good. (021)
I presume the strings at the end are from the ED song, not Kajiura.

010, 012 // op // 010, 021, 010, 015, 001 // ?new, 017, 008, 015, ?edstrings // ed

Another solid episode. Slowly but surely we're moving the plot along.
O'Malley is awesome. Abel is great. With Shitan I guess I fell for a redherring instead of taking it at face value (unless there's still more to it).

PS.
Going back to those rips above and fixes. I'll give it a couple more episodes before updating.
029 is part of 014, dunno why I didn't connect those two before. I'm still on the fence with 030 being new or part of 028 (or maybe even 010 or 015).

Last edited:
I was going back through the promos again, to see what is still unused in the show (3 tracks, I think - 2 from the first Japanese promo and then that one from Character PV2, which was also in the first Dub Trailer though it never got to the parts that I liked lol; the 2nd dub 'premiere date' trailer also featured the ?new track from this episode) and got to last year's promo again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSBdVCzz4o
It's always fascinating to see such early promos. Were those scenes animated specifically for the trailer (knowing they'd be redone anyways) or did the show naturally go such a long way since then?
The show and characters look so insanely good now.

Edit:
I guess it had to be a sizzle reel done very early on in the writing process. Even if it has similar scenes. Way before they settled on art direction, too.
It looks like Fena already got her haircut before getting to Goblin Island.
A different McGuffin key rather than the glass block. Either that or Yukihisa Sanada was looking at something to determine Fena was really her. Or maybe in the early versions he wasn't the one who pushed Fena on her adventure and they just stopped at his place seeking information like they did on Libar Oberstein in the show.
?Abel with a very different look and expressions.
O'Malley with a different crew. Or maybe we'll get a scene of her younger with this generic crew in some flashback. Edit o9k: Actually no, that same generic crew is fighting our current samurai squad in the next shots so it wouldn't make much sense for it to be a flashback.
That shot of whatshisname with girls in bed is far more lewd. Actually, the whole promo seems far more "edgy" than the show is now. Thank goodness.

Last edited:
Yes it was more "scary" artwork in general, i guess it was a different artist im charge of drawing n colours n then they made everyone far more cute looking and the colours brighter.

Last edited:
Beyond being early on in production, I think it feels more like Crunchy/Toonami/Adult Swim (or whoever was pitching the show to them) trying to sell it as NOT FOR KIDS.
Because cartoons made for kids are obviously inferior... /s

Yea in US and west in general there is this widespread misconception among those who dont watch anime (especislly parents) that all anime are for kids 😅

IMHO it's more like a notion that adults can't and, even worse, shouldn't enjoy animation so that you specifically need to show that it's "not a kiddy show".

But maybe that's also simplifying because surely there are youngsters who feel like they are already "too cool" for animation so you gotta get them on board. What better method for that than to show grim colors and tiddies. Producers know, too. :desksweat:

Last edited:
la pucelle track is great. I liked the Helena strings too but I guess it's part of the ED? I'm not 100% sure. it doesn't follow nicely with the piano in the beginning though... it could be a separate track. is there any release on the ED (longer ver) ?
the promos were all misleading! i'm glad they turned out to be that way though xD

Last edited:
Oh hey, I was looking around more and there are next episode previews.

One of some interest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-RFnw3B3E
028 but I hope they don't plaster the whole track instrumental with these long note vocals. :/
ngl every now and then I'm thinking of Kaori rather than Joelle on this track... lol. Some 3 months 'til the OST...

The one for episode 7 has the character pv2 bgm. Others are ones which were used in the show with nothing of interest.

Last edited:
It was a nice episode but wish Fena wasn't so passive. I feel like she's constantly being jerked around by other people. First it was her pimp, then it was Solomon and Otto, next the Goblin Knights, then the Pirates, and now Abel. The main conflict seems to finally be starting, so hopefully it marks a shift in Fena's character too.

For the music, it's all nice but, again, very passive and low key. I'm ready for some action.

I guess I'm more forgiving 'cause it's the only anime I'm enjoying rn.

I don't really mind Fena being mostly passive so far - literally everyone is telling her exactly what she wants to hear, lol. Abel isn't even lying about the Goblin Knights, he just doesn't know Fena's relationship with this squad (and well...). On the flipside - she wasn't submissive to O'Malley at all.

What I do mind is her constantly blushing in Abel's presence. I get it - a tall, blue-eyed man who allegedly knew your mother and with charm and manners you've never experienced before... but get a grip girl.

Last edited:
Fena's been in love with Yukimaru for the ?10 years that she hadn't seen him.
Don't remember them doing anything of the sorts with Shitan. She blushed when he was showing her how to shoot an arrow? If someone touched me gently and whispered in my ear, I'd get the tingles too. Unless they just abducted me...

Back