Fate/Zero

YES! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Truthfully, I prefer Manten over SoraTakaku. :dote: :dote:
When i first listen to SoraTakaku preview, WOW epic! but when I listen to the full version. MEHHHH. disappointment. :blood:

A big resonating MEH for this show from me.

Well, I sort of understand where your reaction comes from.
Zombie vampires are the last thing I expected from this show myself. :desksweat: :XD:
Fate/Zero, Tsukihime, and even the possessed dead body in KnK4 was acting like a Dead Apostle of sorts. Nasu sure loves zombies in his works, doesn't he? :ohoho:
besides, I can't say that Kiritsugu's past is something I absolutely want to know... unless it IS plot-relevant in the end, which, knowing Urobuchi, I still hope it will be.

Otherwise, a very MadoMagi episode in a sense of how peaceful it started and how *beep* hit the fan later on. :omg: And the ending makes a big definitive stroke in Kiritsugu's portrait. :knife:
An brief episodic character as she is, I still liked Shirley. And going by this fact, I wasn't really surprised by her fate. Maybe somebody ought to make sure I'll never like a female character in an Urobuchi work again? :rain:

Also, if there's a dagger in this series, it will be used sooner than any Chekhov's gun would DREAM to be. :ohoho:

And yay for Manten! :sohappy: TTB single is suddenly a two-A-sides one. :plot:

New music, a middle-east sounding one at the begging of the episode.

And how about Natalia's entry around 15:10 or so? The track with flute? Or was it used before? :confu: :ayashii:

Truthfully, I prefer Manten over SoraTakaku.

I like Sora no Takaku as well, but when you put it like this, I can't help subscribing under every word. :TdT: :shy:

I...don't know if it was like this in the novel, but the foreshadowing in this episode was ridiculous. Well, the whole story was. I didn't expect much from Kiritsugu's background (nor did I even expect a background, tbh) but this was boring and predictable.

Never thought that my latest favourite song like Manten would be used in Fate Zero..and it's the episode aired on my b-day... :shy: ..

Kiritsugu's childhood..is it because it's the children day in Japan..? :ayashii: But it's too Urobuchi-ish to let children watch IMO..!! :omg:

Poor Shirley...I bet that there'll be some more violent scenes added in BD version like in the first season..!! I think they just want to give the background for Kiritsugu character, but like Natalia said.., it's a kind of crappy reason for a son to kill his dad...I'm not much impressed with this episode...my mainpoint is just the use of Manten... :XD:

From now on, I'll think of the scene of Kiritsugu&Shirley under the starry sky every time when I hear this song...(Warning..I'm still Kiri-Iri bias..!! lol.)

Manten somehow feels to me like a requiem to all the characters I like in Urobuchi's works. :uh..:

Also, is it your birthday today, Kagaribi? Or was it yesterday? I don't remember the index page showing it. :omg:
Happy belated birthday, just in case! :V: :XD:

Re:

Kagaribi no Hanabira said:
Never thought that my latest favourite song like Manten would be used in Fate Zero..and it's the episode aired on my b-day... :shy: ..
Ahhh! Me neither! When I heard that song I was all, "Wait... is it? No... NO! NO WAY!! EPICNESS!!!" :sohappy:

It was a nice surprise to hear Manten as an end theme, and I actually really dug the Dead Apostles idea because it ties in well with Tsukihime...I'll be interested to see if other hardcore TM fans get a kick out of that too.

I can understand why the episode was planned out as it was, but until I get time to read the novel I'll assume it was one of those 'TV only' outings to pad things out in between the really important stuff happening (a bit like Rin's Adventure...hey, I'm as much of a Rin fanboy as the next guy, but filler is still filler).

Finding out Kiritsugu's backstory was interesting but I agree that his motives didn't add up as well as I expected them to. With any luck we'll get to see what Saber does on that motorbike next week. Can't wait for that! :plot:

Oh yeah... @Kagaribi: happy birthday BTW!

^At first I was like, zombies? Really? But then it turned out to be vampires. *sigh* I guess it's kind of cool.

Wasn't there another new song besides that middle eastern one? The violin one towards the end. Although I could be wrong. I should listen to the entire first soundtrack again. There were a lot of creepy tracks and moments that reminded me of KnK. That flute song was cool too. It is getting more interesting for me. :dote: manten as the ending theme was kind of weird though... I do like the song, but it didn't really fit. heh

@ Martin: According to the preview, next weeks episode will be continuation of today's, what happened to "Kiritugu" after leaving the island.

Maybe two weeks after, then? If the OP can be taken as a hint, it shows Kiritsugu's feet stepping on while the background changes twice (beach to another background then to the last one where I can assume Kiritsugu is in the present day),so I expect two flashbacks. Or maybe there'll be three?

Since I first got in touch with Type-MOON's zombie quirk through KnK4 (which is my least fave KnK movie, and I thought zombies were out of place there), I don't really cheer for it. Although maybe it's a better variant to spare our senses (there was a moment I expected Shirley to become something like in Strait Jacket :omg: ). And at least Kerry was a normal, cheerful boy instead of Shinji Ikari type. Although I guess Gen likes cheery types more - all the more fun to break them. :knife:

I knew all about the Dead Apostles and that didn't make it any better. Maybe it was because the episode was just screaming: "You know this nice, cheerful woman? She's going to die horribly in 3...2...1 in a rather stupid manner. She JUST got curious."

The fandom is making the same mistake as the one they did with KnK. With KnK, they used to say that you'd like it if you had some knowledge of the Nasuverse. Now, they say you'll like this episode better if you notice some instances, like Cornelius Alba and the Dead Apostles. In fact, that made me remember why I dropped the Tsukihime VN.

I just dislike Kiritsugu even more, I know it's just his tactics but he's horrible for me. :uh..:

hurray for MANTEN!!! :shy:
I'm so glad to hear that at the end of the song.

"You know this nice, cheerful woman? She's going to die horribly in 3...2...1 in a rather stupid manner. She JUST got curious."

And the explanation goes in four steps:

U :knife:
RO :knife: :knife:
BU :knife: :knife: :knife:
CHI :stupidbox:

With KnK, they used to say that you'd like it if you had some knowledge of the Nasuverse.

I liked it despite having NONE. :tea:

like Cornelius Alba

Now that you mention him... And here I was watching the episode and thinking, "Where did I see that face before?" :fwa:

So Fate franchise belongs to the Tsukihime/KnK universe as well?
Too bad Shiki wasn't around to hunt for Caster... She sure is used to dealing with demented mages. :psst:

I know it's just his tactics but he's horrible for me.

Back then, it wasn't his tactics. Like I said, it drives home a good point: this man REALLY is ready to go to the extremes for justice, it's in his character. He's a well-intentioned extremist to the core, love it or hate it. But with or without Fate/Stay Night to consider, I don't think Gen would ever have anything good in stock for such characters. :leaf:
then again, this story being a prequel to another Grail War is exactly why we could guess it wouldn't end in anything good, Urobuchi or not. :ohoho:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
"You know this nice, cheerful woman? She's going to die horribly in 3...2...1 in a rather stupid manner. She JUST got curious."

And the explanation goes in four steps:

U :knife:
RO :knife: :knife:
BU :knife: :knife: :knife:
CHI :stupidbox:

With KnK, they used to say that you'd like it if you had some knowledge of the Nasuverse.

I liked it despite having NONE. :tea:

Nick, what I complained was how the foreshadowing was portrayed. It was kinda obvious that she'd die, but they don't have to shove it on my face. The first half of the episode was dedicated to foreshadow how she'd die. That is what I find to be the most stupid aspect of the episode. I hate it when the they try so hard to foreshadow something so obvious. Better luck next time they try this.

And that was exactly my point. I watched KnK without knowing anything about it. So I'd prefer if they stopped using this excuse.

Back