CPMの料亭: The Food Thread!

• Thread starter Thread starter Special_K
  • Start date Start date
Re:

Rafael-sama said:
:XD: I just like lettuce.

:XD: :XD: You need to eat better/fresher greens other than lettuce! They are good for you too!

Speak of which, I just made an oriental stir-fry with chicken thighs (very little!) and loads of long-stemmed broccoli for dinner. Not bad!

But lettuce is good, it makes you asleep. :XD: [But cafe does it to, at least to me]

While waiting for Raffie to come up with his epic meal....

1XoqA.jpg

Here's tonight's dinner, as requested by Yuki88.

(Tori) Katsu Kare Somen (the somen is sorta hidden below the chicken). :XD:

Re:

Special_K said:
While waiting for Raffie to come up with his epic meal....

1XoqA.jpg

Here's tonight's dinner, as requested by Yuki88.

(Tori) Katsu Kare Somen (the somen is sorta hidden below the chicken). :XD:

that looks so good...
i can cook next year, TEACH ME

Re:

ZoaKaizer said:
Special_K, i want to order a delivery from you :tea:

Sure!

:listen: But only if you wear a skirt!! :ohoho:

(just kidding!)

wintersviolet said:
that looks so good...
i can cook next year, TEACH ME

Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah, I will. Just ask me when you see me on chat. I can pass you my MSN/Skype also.

Oh Kel you'll be the most wonderful chef. In my kitchen :ohoho:

Thanks for the compliments, guys! :shy:

Lunch for today... Rosemary chicken with sauteed mixed vegetables and hash browns. :dote: :dote: :dote: :dote:

ORjzO.jpg

Re:

Sylvi said:
why do you have such wonderful dishes? :sohappy:

Because cooking for one person can be very tiresome and if the dishes repeat, the effect can be much worse. So...making good food makes it more rewarding for myself, actually. :psst:

Sometimes I get my inspirations from visiting restaurants, but mostly recipes can be found of Youtube and the internet. :innocent:

Ingredients-wise, I usually choose standard stuff which can be found at local markets and supermarkets. Depending on how particular you are, you can get both fresh and dried/processed/preserved/frozen ingredients also. I find that a balance of both works best for me (esp. on the budget!!). :XD:

Only on rare occassions do I specially import ingredients (such as Japanese ones which tend to be a lot more unique to begin with - eg. Sanontou sugar). But I'll do those though the help of a local middleman anyway. :plot:

Winter!! Are you listening?! :sparkleguy:

Those recipes look great! I think I'm going to comb through this thread very soon... :plot:

And here I am, eating microwaveable Indian food and rice-mac-and-cheese-with-soy-cheese every other day... :desksweat:

Tried to make some meatballs recently...

Went quite ok.. I guess. :psst:

5L0AH.jpg

i just fell like reviving this thread :XD:

i was craving for a certain food and i ended up eating this for snacks today
pork siomai from siomai house.there's soysauce with kalamansi, chili and garlic on top

:nophoto:

Was on chat just now and naturally, the topic of food will emerge somehow.

This is a recap of what I had last Christmas in Paris.

Starters

4E4yZ.jpg

Chestnut Soup with wild mushrooms..and...

EuZCm.jpg

Breaded Escargots with garlic butter and herb sauce.

Mains

Tk1kC.jpg

Braised Guinea Fowl with seasonal greens

Desserts

5L1lO.jpg

Profiteroles served with handmade ice cream and drizzled with warmed dark chocolate sauce.

Back