• XenForo had been updated to 2.0.4. Report issues here.

Complain about all!

@Liana_Ilia Yeah, that's exactly my experience. I really dread to call a company where I applied for a job, cause most of the time (no every time) I did that meant rejection with no real reason and no explanation. But yesterday evening the rejection call came. On one hand I was surprised that they even called and gave me "tipps" (if you can call it that way...), but on the other hand I was sad. I mean a spark of hope was still there. Well, now I can focus on my health issues to get "cured" and if I can handle to get the money together (2000€) I will register for a training in HR sector (starts at the end of the year for 5 months). Maybe this will increase my chances...

Corpse Princess

Bowl of Yuki-shaped cereal
About calling the people back for jobs, I have done that, and then asked why and they would say "we picked someone more qualified" or something bs like that. I asked my sister (who is experienced in resumes, interviews and that sort of thing, said that companies will not say why most of the time. So I guess you just have to wait for the rejection letter, like I did, but even then sometimes nothing. I am not sure what it'd be like since I have not applied to a job in a long time, due to some health issues (which I think are getting more and more complicated, instead of better). I really want to get a job, go to japan, but stupid health restrictions right now prevent it.
I hate that so much I applied to this place called Planet Fitness for Janitor position and of course I have cleaned alot of things and you would think i would be qualified well apparently not. They had one week of interviews so i called back to ask about it and they said they were still doing interviews for the position and to call next week. It took basically a month to get another interview still gets rejected. they were basically putting me in a loop

Liana_Ilia

I have reached Yuki nirvana
^Yeah, that does suck. It's like, well, you could have just said it was filled. *sigh* I will never understand the hiring process I guess.

Sad that Keiko left Kalafina, and now listening to the songs is sad... I still love them, and Yuki and always will. And I hope for their future but I hope this mess doesn't affect them in any way. Ganbatte everyone!

Liana_Ilia

Double post but I was supposed to get my kitty today, or so I thought I was going to go get her, but it turns out she is still under observation from her surgery as she is a stray brought in and had just been spayed. But it took me awhile to find out what was going on, because the first woman I talked to at the place was not very helpful in that she said "oh, she's not available right now" okay... so I email the person who put up the add for her in the first place and she tells me that it's the right ID number, and that she is scared of the clinic and just overwhelmed by everything. So I called back and in fact that is the truth and I should call on Sun after the doctor has examined her. Meanwhile, I have canceled my PT session for today (well yesterday now) and now I have one on Monday, and if they are not open Sunday I may have to cancel that one too if I can't reschedule in order to pick her up, since the adoption hours are in the afternoon only. Unless I can convince them to let me be there early. As I really want this kitty and now my cousin also talked to the place as well. So they know I am serious but I have not met the cat yet. Ugh. I was so set on having her already. I even went Thurs and bought all the stuff even after ordering it, since I did not think I was going to get her until next week initially, but yeah... I will have 2 of some things, like the carrier, which I could take back since I never used it. Anyways... sorry, just had to rant. I want a kitty so badly and this one happened to be a calico and around 1 year which is the right age. Hopefully I can get her on Monday. I want to name her Yuki, but we'll see what personality she has. lol She has a little white in her, but not a whole lot. I just want to skip past to Mon, or Sunday when I can call to check on her.

Sad that Keiko left Kalafina, and now listening to the songs is sad... I still love them, and Yuki and always will. And I hope for their future but I hope this mess doesn't affect them in any way.
I'm listening to their discography over and over right now because I love torturing myself lmao. All I can hope for is that Kajiura-san doesn't get prohibited from collaborating with Wakana and Hikaru in the future...

Corpse Princess

Parents got kicked out of their motel and had to go to another one. So its probably gonna take another year before they can move back into their house considering the person who is rebuilding it is being a little shit and doing things he shouldn't be doing and he is taking way to long. basically they are unprofessional and my grandma keeps giving him chances which may change soon i hope. If he ever finishes we may have to get someone to make sure he did everything right so I dunno how its gonna go or she may just take the guy to court.

On another note! yesterday this lady found a baby racoon in the street so she brought it to the zoo and she had to go to work so my best friend and i said sure we can watch it until the zoo keeper gets done feeding. well he said they were not allowed/ cant / will not take the racoon. stupid right? they also said they didnt know what to feed it and that i was on my own with it. called my mom and said we have an emergancy with the racoon so we took it to the motel so we could take care of it until we are able to reach a rehab center or wild life reserve. he is doing better tho which is good so yeah happy mothers day to my mother lol

Corpse Princess

I normally never do 2 posts at a time to one thread and also excuse my language.

I am so fucking pissed right now like I can not even with this damn stay (lives in New Mexico) the baby racoon did not live. We called fish and game and the rehab place. the rehab place said "call the zoo keeper in roswell" well no shit I was there when we asked and they said no they couldnt/wont take it and so my parents went to fish and game they said the same thing and they wouldnt take the baby either and since its fucking illegal to have a racoon in city limits and basically everything else was going to shit so there was no where the baby could go so my mom basically said fuck this please put him to sleep (he was already suffering and very sick so it was for the best) now she usually stays with the animals but they wouldnt let her cuz they got a fucking gun to shoot it.
I am just so pissed that they didn't do anything they are supposed to take in sick animals but no they are assholes who don't know what to do or are to scared because it may have rabies (it didn't btw) but yeah Humans suck (except for CPM members)

^I am at a loss of words. That's is really the most awful thing to do to a small animal (well any animal in general). These people should be treated the same way as they treated this little baby. So sad...

Two weeks ago my mother's doctor told us that her cancer medication stopped working. She already got a new treatment (immunotherapy), but I am scared to death... Everytime this thought crosses my mind my heart sinks and my whole body just goes into panic mode. Lost and useless would be good words to describe my feelings. I have no clue what to do or how to help her. I just can't....

yuki.n

I eat sleep and breathe Yuki
Frame rate: 24000/1001
Why does this frame rate even exist. No, really. One day I'll become multimedia minister of the world and I will forbid interlacing, using timecodes to do anything other than checking for missing frames, 29.97 FPS and friends, etc.

No, really. If you're curious about why 29.97 FPS exists, go read here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMPTE_timecode#Drop_frame_timecode
It's all about compatibility with NTSC monochrome televisions, I kid you not. We're still using this frame rate and inventing 23.976, 59.94, and even 119.88 FPS (this one was standardised last year IIRC), and all that because of COMPATIBILITY WITH NTSC MONOCHROME TELEVISIONS IN THE AGE OF ANALOGUE TV!

yuki.n

Thank you :TdT: I'll make sure to let you know when I apply to become a minister!

EDIT (just to avoid double-posting): Oh, the joys of working with multimedia professionally. I started playing the rip of the 10th Anniversary Live, skipped directly to KantanKatan (one of my fiancé's favourite songs), his first comment was "audio-video synchronisation is broken", to which I replied "oh... indeed, but it's not very bad, on TV it's usually worse". You just get an eye/ear for such things and can't enjoy what you're watching >_<

Last edited:

Liana_Ilia

@ATroupeLeaderBaby I hope the treatment helps! Cancer really really sucks. I wish there was a cure for it, I mean, we are in 2018, where we have so many other medical treatments and revelations. *sigh* In any case: *hugs*.

Chris Hardwick, a comedian I admire, was called out for sexually assaulting his ex girlfriend, after about 5 years of them not dating, and him marrying someone else. He is one of the nicest people, from what I gather from listening to his podcasts and from watching his shows. I can't imagine the things she is saying, that she had to be waiting for him after he got home, she could not have any male friends, would not be able to take pictures of them together for a long time. True, I don't know him personally, but now he can't even go online right now and he lost his talk show and was booted off the Comic Con panels. He founded Nerdist, a company that covers all things in the nerd culture, and they took any mention of him out of their website, even though he founded it! Ugh. This whole thing makes me sick. That one allegation (I really hate that word now) could drag someone down that quickly. She says she spiraled into anorexia because of his behavior, which I find hard to believe. I mean, get help, talk to him, don't publicly say it so that it ends someone's career. I feel so bad for him right now. Ugh... anyways... I wish my kitty would sleep at night instead of during the day, when I am up. She is up in the morning and wants to play, but she sleeps all afternoon. heh I know, she is a cat. But still.

Also not getting my Kala bluray until Monday. *sigh* Probably not until the afternoon. At least I signed for it online. Still, I want it now!!!

hello
this is a simple complain i think

i don't like how (some) people in youtube say Kalafina is disbanded. for me, just by Keiko leaving it doesn't really mean disbandment, eh? the LINE blog is still there, and they also use Kalafina 'Wakana' or 'Hikaru' for stage.
yeah, maybe it feels like they're disbanded but i think it's not.

Westkana

HA! I live in her CLOSET!
hello
this is a simple complain i think

i don't like how (some) people in youtube say Kalafina is disbanded. for me, just by Keiko leaving it doesn't really mean disbandment, eh? the LINE blog is still there, and they also use Kalafina 'Wakana' or 'Hikaru' for stage.
yeah, maybe it feels like they're disbanded but i think it's not.
I agree with you, it's annoying when people say "disbanded" because they didn't. I think it's from when the news was first being leaked, the headline there originally said "disbanded" and eventually news outlets picked up on that and re-reported that before the official news broke.

yuki.n

There's this extremely funny Greek video with misheard lyrics of "shura no hana" (from Kill Bill). So someone tried to make a "proper" Greek translation of the lyrics.

Geta turned into cats in the translation. I wonder if the translator was too sleepy and ended up wearing the cat that was sleeping next to their shoes.

Also, "the surface of the freezing water" turned into "the surface of the slushie". Yeah, if something is reflecting on the surface of your slushie, I bet it's completely melted by now and it would be disgusting to drink.

:desksweat:

(Source: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/shura-no-hana-修羅の花-το-άνθος-της-συμφοράς.html#songtranslation )