Complain about all!

Sorry for double post. A lot has happened. My Uncle Chris and my Great Aunt Mary passed away within a week. She died last night. I just remember seeing her at Christmas when we would go to her house (she's on my mom's side). And visiting her in the nursing home. My Uncle was my on my dad's, grandpa's (I never knew him, he was killed in action as a police officer) half brother, but he took my dad in and practically was like a second father. He was always such a positive force to be around. He died last Tues. It's just sad that you don't know when you can go, and I do believe in God and life after death. I feel sorry almost for those that don't. It's comforting, but still sad and makes you think about your own life. They were both older, in their 90s, so they lived a full life.

In other news I need a root canal. Yuck. I haven't had one since 2005 I guess. I have really bad teeth and have had everything done to them pretty much. I'm kind of nervous though. I wish I could just skip to Jan and be in L.A. (I hate flying) so I can be happy. I just watched some of the concert and I am just too excited. I hope I will be able to forget all the pain and little things.

Also... why are the pamphlets of Kalafina and Yuki so much?!!!!!! Ugh. I wish I had a job right now so I can get all of them. I only have the Best of photo book. *sigh*

Damn, you really do have some terrible luck Liana, and entirely undeserved. Sorry for your loss. At least they had long, fruitful lives.

Root canals aren't exactly pleasant either. I've only had the one and whilst it didn't really hurt as such, it left a dull ache for ages and wasn't comfortable having to have my mouth open for an hour or so.

@Liana_Ilia I am sorry for you lost, but at least they lived a long life.

I lost my 61 year-old uncle due to an accident last September. He was a very good person, religious and everybody loved him. He had just retired and had a lot of plans...

I want complaint about that the fact that society wants you to be friends with everyone. As an introvert, is usual that I don't like certain kind of people. And it seems that you must love, be friends and accept everything. I don't need and don't want to be friends with every person alive. I just want peace.

I want complaint about that the fact that society wants you to be friends with everyone. As an introvert, is usual that I don't like certain kind of people. And it seems that you must love, be friends and accept everything. I don't need and don't want to be friends with every person alive. I just want peace.
I agree with you there, definitely. I'm also introverted, and also don't want to like everyone- in fact I don't like (or at least don't care for) most people that I come across. Though I think one should be at least be civil to others (something that I personally have trouble with when is someone I don't like), having to like them is a completely different story.

Np: The unit I'm in for chemistry is extremely hard... Stoichiometry (or as I like to call it, stoichi-hell-itry). There's way too many formulas to remember and it's even harder to remember to use which one. Plus, significant figures (sig figs) add yet another layer of complexity to it. Though the test for it is next Wednesday, I feel like I'm going to fail the test because I'm not good in math (it's basically a math unit in chemistry) and everything in it is super complex :imdead:

want complaint about that the fact that society wants you to be friends with everyone. As an introvert, is usual that I don't like certain kind of people. And it seems that you must love, be friends and accept everything. I don't need and don't want to be friends with every person alive. I just want peace.

Me too, there's a definite difference between being mean to someone and disliking them. You shouldn't be mean to someone with no reason but you can definitely dislike a person for a small reason. Being friends with everyone is so difficult, you need to conform to all these standards and hide things about yourself so people will like you more. You have to buy things and remember birthdays and go to every single party they hold. I don't want to go to everyone's parties, I don't want to keep buying everyone gifts. If I could I wouldn't have a single friend, it'd be so much easier. Society has so many standards for friendship and social interaction that I just don't care for. I like having friends, I just hate the non-stop commitment that comes with it.

Thanks, and I am sorry for your loss too. It makes you realize that you should do the things you want to do in life.

Ugh... I want to do all the things, like watch my shows, fold the laundry, clean. But I am so tired. Spent most of today in the doctor's office getting x-rays, or waiting to get them. I just want bed. Also it is cold here already, 33 degrees. Brr. Not quite ready for that temp yet. Though it is at night. Still. Also why doesn't the Nintendo Switch support Wii U and 3DS games? Uuuuuuuuuuugggh. I wanted to play the Wii U game I bought and I was waiting for the next gen console to come out. It's probably going to be too expensive also. (I hope Wii U prices drop then)

Also I want my book (Hannah Hart's new book Buffering) and the Kalafina calendar and the Credens Justitiam Vocal score!!!

I had a great weekend but I've been getting minimal sleep since thursday and all I want in life right now is to sleep sleep sleep

argh I'm writing a personal essay in my IB English class and I decided to write about foreign music and how people have stigmas against it and don't really give it a chance, but ugh it's so hard.
I don't want to come off as too social justice-y, elitist, and/or preachy but it's hard not to when I feel so passionately for this stuff.

Another thing is that I'm not accustomed to writing persuasive/personal style essays. When I write, it's either fiction/fanfiction I do in my spare time, or standard essays I have to do for school. Writing a long but effective persuasive essay isn't something I feel confident in, and I'm especially paranoid that I don't screw it up because I love this subject so much and I really want to do it justice.

I don't even know how I'm going to structure the thing yet, my teacher basically gave us free reign to do whatever and it's too overwhelming. :@_@:
If anyone has any points/arguments/examples/whatever they would like to share, I'd really like that... I'm so lost right now. :rain:
I may post it here when it's done I haven't even started though, if anyone's interested.

Another thing is that I'm not accustomed to writing persuasive/personal style essays. When I write, it's either fiction/fanfiction I do in my spare time, or standard essays I have to do for school. Writing a long but effective persuasive essay isn't something I feel confident in, and I'm especially paranoid that I don't screw it up because I love this subject so much and I really want to do it justice.

That's funny I'm the opposite, I'm good at persuasive texts and things like reports but when it comes to creative writing... if it's not a poem or something extremely descriptive... my skills plummet.

Maybe a point could be that listening to world music allows you to be introduced to a new culture, for example many cultures have genres your culture doesn't (Japan has Enka for example, which is traditional japanese music; traditional instruments, vocal styles, timbres and style. Performers also wear a Yukata/Kimono while singing.) Without listening to World music one would have no idea this exists.

There's also the argument that without music from another culture the Blues genre wouldn't have been formed. Blues originally took rough harmonies from african slaves singing during labour with a simple call response pattern and added European instruments and more perfect harmonies to create what we now know as Blues/Jazz, without world music this would probably never have happened because no one would be exposed to such a thing.

Remember to always state evidence in your essay, always give an example to show what you're saying and always use persuasive language. Avoid using words like maybe or sometimes, you need to sound sure of yourself. Try to not repeat yourself also, that will make your work monotonous.

That's funny I'm the opposite, I'm good at persuasive texts and things like reports but when it comes to creative writing... if it's not a poem or something extremely descriptive... my skills plummet.

Maybe a point could be that listening to world music allows you to be introduced to a new culture, for example many cultures have genres your culture doesn't (Japan has Enka for example, which is traditional japanese music; traditional instruments, vocal styles, timbres and style. Performers also wear a Yukata/Kimono while singing.) Without listening to World music one would have no idea this exists.

There's also the argument that without music from another culture the Blues genre wouldn't have been formed. Blues originally took rough harmonies from african slaves singing during labour with a simple call response pattern and added European instruments and more perfect harmonies to create what we now know as Blues/Jazz, without world music this would probably never have happened because no one would be exposed to such a thing.

Remember to always state evidence in your essay, always give an example to show what you're saying and always use persuasive language. Avoid using words like maybe or sometimes, you need to sound sure of yourself. Try to not repeat yourself also, that will make your work monotonous.

First off, thanks for your thorough reply!! I really appreciate it :dote:
And yeah, those are good suggestions. I was thinking of also talking about the fact that many foreigners know a ton of Western songs, but very few Westerners know any non-English music, which I could relate to the cultural divide between many Asian countries and here, but idk... Like I said I don't want to sound overly negative. It's a delicate issue lol:rain:
Thank you so much for your help though! :sohappy:
Btw, I've noticed that you're a NSP fan and I got happy because I love them so much. I even saw them live (I was literally in the front row of the pit, he leaned down and touched my hand at one point :love:) .I've also seen Game Grumps live once which was really fun. But yeah, seeing another NSP fan on here made me very happy hehe:XD:
I have a couple pics from the concert I can post if you want. During the Game Grumps live, my friend actually got called up to go play a Mario party minigame with Danny and Arin, and he had his arm around her the entire time and I was so jealous. :imdead::imdead::imdead:

Btw, I've noticed that you're a NSP fan and I got happy because I love them so much. I even saw them live (I was literally in the front row of the pit, he leaned down and touched my hand at one point :love:) .I've also seen Game Grumps live once which was really fun. But yeah, seeing another NSP fan on here made me very happy hehe:XD:
I have a couple pics from the concert I can post if you want. During the Game Grumps live, my friend actually got called up to go play a Mario party minigame with Danny and Arin, and he had his arm around her the entire time and I was so jealous. :imdead::imdead::imdead:
Danny, Arin and the grump crew are such nice people, I'm jealous you got to see them live. I doubt they'd ever go international. I wasn't able to see Ross at Supanova either (since I'm not in Perth.) I don't think hes coming to any other Australian cons this year unfortunately.

Have you heard any of Dan's Skyhill stuff? it's so beautiful, you can tell how much he's improved too!

Cool Patrol is also one of my new favourite NSP songs right now (that moo killed me.)

Danny, Arin and the grump crew are such nice people, I'm jealous you got to see them live. I doubt they'd ever go international. I wasn't able to see Ross at Supanova either (since I'm not in Perth.) I don't think hes coming to any other Australian cons this year unfortunately.

Have you heard any of Dan's Skyhill stuff? it's so beautiful, you can tell how much he's improved too!

Cool Patrol is also one of my new favourite NSP songs right now (that moo killed me.)

Yes they are. At both the Game grumps live and NSP live there was an Q&A, which I went to both times. And literally, Danny is the nicest person ever. He would answer every question earnestly and thoughtfully and you could tell he was just really happy. It was so cute. Come to think of it, everyone in the Game Grumps family is really nice (I've met nearly everyone).
And yeah, given that NSP just started touring this year, I doubt they're going to be doing anything international for a while which really sucks :(
And omg yes I have! I actually prefer some of the Skyhill stuff to his actual NSP stuff tbh. While it's funny to listen to Danny singing about sex and whatnot, I can't help but prefer when he's singing serious music. That's probably why I loved their cover album so much. His serious voice is just so lovely.
And yesss Cool Patrol was awesome. Actually funny story, I was actually one of the first people to see the Cool Patrol MV. When I went to see NSP live a couple months ago, Starbomb was supposed to come on as a guest artist, but unfortunately Arin got really sick and couldn't make it. So to make it up, Danny played the MV's for two upcoming NSP songs (one still hasn't even been released yet xD). It was super cool, but I literally could not hear the song at all since the crowd was screaming constantly. But yeah that was just super sweet of Danny to do, since he knew how many people were bummed about Arin not being able to go .

There's 2 weeks left to cut the grass as the bushfire season approaches, so I did some mowing yesterday (first of 3 house blocks). Even though I gave myself Sunday to recover I'm still feeling a bit under from all the scratches one gets doing it.

Only complaint... well I have several, but is that into the world ins't released yet. But I now can listen to it on repeat. It sounds like a studio version!!! So good.

The US presidential election... ugh. If this country actually elects that orange orangutan for president, I will seriously consider emigrating to New Zealand to escape the ensuing nuclear holocaust.

Back