Akiko Shikata

ep 24: bgm with english chorus, full track of the tenor bgm, full track of the Sallamadynay song

cant wait for last episode, this anime turned out one of the best <3

I really can't with how terrible the last 3rd of Imbatto sounds. This is one of the most disgusting sounding BGMs ever. :p OST2 is pretty good so far other than that, though.

PS. Fukuda tweeted there's going to be a lot of new music in the last episode. 4 CDs seems more and more probable...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, Imbatto's last 3rd sounds terribad. Sala's Towagatari is cute. I think I'd be buying the soundtracks if they weren't enclosures...

And so it ends with an 8minute medley of battle themes and songs (goddamn that Turaida vibrato)... In all I think this show was truly shit, lol, but I can't even be mad since I laughed at the ending.

Hm, I dunno. I havent seen the episode yet since subs arent out yet, but considering that you dont like most of the shows anyway (with few exceptions like knk, shi-ki,) I will probably like the episode :XD: I enjoyed the show so far, it had alot of funny moments, have suspense and better plot than most anime this season. Anyway, this is ALOT of music for a 24-eps anime, most shows of that duration have around 2 osts and we get 4 of 24 tracks :)

on another note i have bought ArNosurge - Ode to unborn star and im playing it :)

^ right but I remember you had stopped watching Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero after some episodes, complaining that the plot wasnt of your taste or something.

I actually finished both as they were airing so Idunno. I'm not gonna go deeper on those two shows here cause it's not for this thread. :)

316pvdf.png

Akatsuki single (April 29) tracklist:
01. 彩 (Irodori)
02. 歪 (Ibitsu)
03. 暁 (Akatsuki)
04. 暁 -instrumental-

So it opens with a brand new song and the instrumental is apparently an arrange (like Inori no kanata/Pantalea), not a karaoke version (like Katayoku no Tori/Utsusemi). Much like they did with Inori no kanata, Animate Shop is also selling the single with a bonus disc containing orgel arrangements of Akatsuki and Ibitsu.

PS. Still don't have a big version of the cover. ;p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4UB2uKgRko

Sampler for the single.

Irodori sounds okay. I think it would've been a good OP.
Ibitsu is not as agressive as the original. Insert Sadface. Disliked the new arrange/sound even more on relisten.
Akatsuki on the other hand doesn't sound as thin as the tv version, thankfully. Still the same lead vocals though. :/ (they're not the same)

Still not sure if I want to support this. :|

^ Yes ibitsu arrange sound more computer processed than the original. Is the original released ?

I second your other comments :)

I really like the instrumental

The old Ibitsu never had a full version. The original short version was included on Turaida's bonus disc (as well as Tales of Symphonia United World 2 Bonus disc).

I actually really don't like the way the soloist plays in the instrumental arrange.

Well... I've been listening to the single for a while (cause of my Ibitsu dilemma) and long story short - I'll buy it when I have more stuff to order. Long story below.

I really like Irodori, even if the random electric gitaaarz take me out of it - the ones after the first refrain especially. I think it's the most successful track on the single. Edit: Actually wait, there's no electric guitars in the credits, lol. What is that instrument then? Maybe just a synth Shikata plays, w...

Now Ibitsu I hated at first but after a while I decided to be fair and think about it as if I had never heard the original 2012 short version. Other than the terrible and random guitar solo after the first refrain and the dumb fade-out (a pet peeve of mine) I realized I actually quite enjoy the full song. Thoughts on comparing to the original: I still prefer how much more agressive the original sounds. I wish she didn't permanently change that one note in the refrain. I wish she didn't add those extra harmonies in the first part of the first refrain. Etc...

Akatsuki I enjoyed. I love how the last refrains alternate with instrumental segments that are equally "active". The fade-out annoyed me. Even more so when the instrumental arrange had no fade-out... but for some bizarre reason included vocal parts exclusive to the instrumental - that was dumb, lol.

I didn't hear the Turaida vibrato anywhere outside of Akatsuki, which is great news as well. Orgel version of Ibitsu was cool, too.

So ya... until the next batch order.

CROSS ANGE OST3 (w/ BD7) @ June 24, 2015 tracklist:
01. Catastrofe
02. 永遠語り~El Ragna~
03. ヴィルキス~飛翔~
04. 闇を潜り抜け
05. 力と力
06. 手折られた翼
07. 交響曲第9番「新世界より」第2楽章~家路~Orgel arrange ver.
08. この世界を壊して
09. エンブリヲ
10. 沈黙の世界
11. 世界の理
12. サラマンディーネ
13. サラマンディーネ~戦神の奏~
14. 共鳴
15. 柔らかな時間
16. CANCAN
17. 次元融合
18. Diamante & Rosa
19. 世界の調律者
20. 想いの還る場所
21. 魔手
22. まつろわぬ者達
23. Finale
So 3 it is. Except - where is Embryo's Towagatari?

Back