Fena: Pirate Princess: OST & OP & Taiyou no Kouro ENG ver in Junna's "Dear"

Btw I think it's a win for Kajiura if a fan like you didn't recognize her style in the first episodes :)
I think the low volume of OSTs + Hanako to Anne style play important part..lol. Recently, I didn’t use the earphone when watching anime if I don’t want to pay much attention to the OSTs, and so I barely heard the music in Fena. (I didn’t even notice that there are a choir track and swordland-like theme during the Barbaral fight..Orz.) Most of what I heard in Episode 1 also have Hanako to Anne style, which I feel that it’s a style that isn’t very unique to Kajiura. (I believe that if someone had let me listen to the whole things before I knew that it’s Kajiura’s work, I wouldn’t have been able to tell that Hanako to Anne’s OSTs were composed by Kajiura as well TwT.)

The only track that made me wonder whether it’s Kajiura’s work is Joelle’s vocal track in the cave… It’s more like my big lost for not noticing it at that time…lol.

Lessu go...

Blood. Tobacco leaves, that explains it!
Dun, dun, dun. Well then, Shitan sure had the hots for Yukimaru for as long as Fena.
Oooooooooo, consequences? Nevermind.
Well... I guess this episode was as expected, just dealing with what happened last time, nothing more. Brule. Barefoot Abel. I enjoyed myself as usual.

Will it really finish in 4-5 episodes or will it be more than 1cour/season?

op // 010, 001, 015, 038, 022, 019 // 004, 007, 021, 010 // ed

You know despite going through the show and ripping the tracks, I only now am realizing how many are arranges of the OP.

Last edited:
Yeah I have no idea how they’re gonna tie up this story

We’re four episodes off from the finale but I feel like the story has barely hit the mid point. A second cour has got to be on the way

I guess we are now restarting our journey from episode 4.
We know the coordinates for the next destination. Will it be the final destination?
Abel also knows the coordinates and we still don't know who exactly he is in contact with. Goblin chief priest directly? Shitan seems to be in the clear and GoodGuy after all.
We have Kei following our steps. Will he be the big bad for this cour? Or will they deal with him within the next 2 episodes?
Hope Crunchy does not stop streaming it in the middle to give Japan time to catch up, lol.

Hm so they go for christmas season. The season when money is never enough to buy all releases you want 🙃

I went to look at the Fena website for the soundtrack announcement, but there wasnt one. Instead i found Yuki's comment about the anime http://fena-pirate-princess.com/staffcast/

梶浦由記
ロマンティックな洋上宝探しの物語「海賊王女」の音楽を作らせていただけたこと、心より光栄に思っております!
海の上を進む冒険の旅に相応しい音楽を、と ワクワクドキドキ楽しく作曲させていただきました。
一筋縄では行かない登場人物たち、旅するにつれ移りゆく風景の美しさ!
冒険の終わりまで、完成映像を見届けるのが今から楽しみでなりません。
作品に相応しい音楽となっておりますことを、そしてご覧下さる皆様に世界を彩る音も楽しんで頂けますよう、祈っております!

Its nothing new thought, something like "Im happy to compose for this, i hope the music fits, hope people like it"

Last edited:
^ it's VGMDB-fu.

If I had to guess, the official announcement will come in the 1st episode website/jvc update.

Oh, the standalone releases... that VTCL... good times <3
YK and flying DOG teaming up is the best comeback of the last years!

Oh, the standalone releases... that VTCL... good times <3
YK and flying DOG teaming up is the best comeback of the last years!
Sony had a few standalones too like Zaregoto and El Melloi. And some music collections that Flying Dog never had like with Knk or Madoka or SAO collection. With Sony we rarely had unreleased bgms (with exception of SAO) but in Flying Dog in most projects there were a ton of unreleased bgms (for example in Madlax, or Hokuto no Ken or those live action movies and musicals)

Last edited:
Let the man be happy. :P

KNK, SAO and Madoka music collections were cash grabs released after enclosures so (, while absolutely welcome releases and I hope for more, ) not really sure what your point was. It was a "miracle" we got them.

But yes, El Melloi and Zaregoto got standalones and Aniplex really is releasing some TV anime standalone soundtracks these days - fingers crossed for Banitas.

Hokuto no Ken was not Flying Dog. It was Universal.

Hopefuly Kajiura doing soundtracks on Victor again opens the door to some (preferably expanded) OST re-releases for their old works.

Last edited:
Well, you’re right. But I mean, if Yuki got 6 Aniplex shows (not counting Madoka/HF movies) we got 2 standalone soundtracks immediately at the end of the series/season. That’s what I missed all these years, the good point is we got all the tracks (99%). Yep.

and Aniplex really is releasing some TV anime standalone soundtracks these days
Really??? That’s great!

I catch up to episodes. On ep 8That violin BGM when Fena and Yukimaru talk, i know it has been played before but its so good <3 i think it was full size this time, or maybe it was looped twice ?

I don't think we heard the full full version in the show. The parts they play never completely match. There's always some creative editing going on.
Like in previous episodes that track starts with a harp ostinato, but in ep8 I think it started with just the guitar. v( '')v Or maybe they're two halves of the full version...

:iiam:
Definitely very curious how the full tracks will turn out (same on Banitas). Particularly 010 in rips - I doubt they'll include 90-120sec of just that whistling that they keep playing in every episode but even the untzuntz and its leadup doesn't feel the same in episode 1 (when otto charges) and episode 6 (when they escape the cavern). Curious indeed.

Interview with the director Kazuto Nakazawa and Yuki Kajiura on lisani.
via Kajiura's twitter

https://www.lisani.jp/0000185118/?show_more=1
https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/1444231454037143553

Confirms the OST release date with no fanfare, lol. Dec 8. (I guess we'll really get that announcement in an update after ep1.)
Something about 4 minute tracks and Kajiura approaching the show's music as (or ending up with) a concept album to the visuals she got, rather than BGM.
Last(final?) episode apparently has some film scoring.

google translate said:
Kajiura I remembered the atmosphere of the city well, so I immediately knew "Wow, that's over there." Idar-Oberstein is a famous tourist destination in Germany, but I've been there like a summer school. Originally a mining city, it is still famous for ores and gems. You can also experience children going and digging crystals. It's a very beautiful city on the banks of the mountains, it was fun, and I think I stayed there for about a week, so I remembered it. But I never thought that a city with memories would come out in the works I was involved in.
fun.

google translate said:
Kajiura The first song I released was a little darker. I've been listening to the songs that JUNNA sings for a long time, and there were many songs that were maniac or mature, so I had the feeling that I shouldn't be too crazy. .. Also, the story of "Princess Pirate Princess" has some bright points, but it's not the only one, so in a sense, you can take the OP in any direction. That's why I submitted an inner song, but then I got an opinion from the Flying Dog side that it might be a little dark, so I declared "I'm going on an exciting route" without hesitation. The song I was allowed to make is now. Of course, JUNNA is a woman who doesn't feel like a child, so it's a song with a relaxed and exciting feeling. If you look at the OP thinking "What kind of work is" Pirate Princess "?", You have to think "I want to become a pirate and cross the sea by boat."
Wat. There was a different JUNNA song first. :| (Well, or maybe just a demo.)
But still, in the end I agree and still think Umi to Shinju works great as the OP.

google translate said:
――It's a scene where Fena is spinning in the sea.

Nakazawa : I don't go there in the main story (laughs). Just an image.

Kajiura But I might go ahead.

Nakazawa No, that's right. If there is a 2nd season.

Kajiura I wasn't thinking about the 2nd season (laughs). Just imagine the future of Fena and his friends. But with this story, you can make the 2nd season as well.

Nakazawa You can make as many as you like. Moreover, it may be possible because it has been well received in the United States.
Hurrr... so "apparently" for now this season is all there is.

Last edited:
Back