MadokaMagica Side Story: Magia Record (mobile game) - TV anime [Takumi Ozawa OST / ClariS/Trysail ED/OP]

OST3 on youtube and nyancats. Sadly no scans (or logs, poop, hopefully another rip appears).

They didn't use "RUMOR" for that vocal track. :( I guess the lament is more descriptive of it but eh - as for the actual track I actually really like the harpsichord flavor. "Rumours de Solitude" is instead the literal Endless Solitude theme/track.

"Amazing Artist!!" is cute, I actually think it worked better in the show than on its own (and I was expecting it to be the opposite). The main parts are very Venari strigas-Alina Grey ver- and I really like the direct quote of "Wings of MAGIUS" after the breakdown. In the end though, it just doesn't go anywhere.
The new part in "Colapso da arte" in the first half makes it so much better since in the show it (jumped from 0:22 to 1:12 so it) was just constant buildup/release on repeat for 2 minutes.

Even though they might be a bit much in succession, I really like all the denpa/AI/Sana tracks - particularly how they develop in their 2nd halves. This actually might be a thing with the majority of Magia Record OST for me? "craves trust" also ~grabs~ me only in the 2nd half. (Speaking of this one - I can't be the only one who automatically goes to Fate/Zero main theme when this track starts, lol.)

Wonder if the synth violins in "SanAId" were a deliberate choice since it involves artificial inteligence or a different reason/issue. "sanaid" shows up as latvian for "words" in google translate so maybe that's what it is? I can't find an exact match though so no idea where Google is getting it from. v( '')v
The track and its title are a little weird(or inconsistent) in that this BGM is also used in the last episode for a sentimental Iroha/Yachiyo scene - weird considering the specific Sana and AI in the title. Maybe they change the BGM for this scene on BD? Would be nice for my OCD ass.

"bygone days" is a surefine arrange of the original "repeat days" track. "one's place" is sweet, too.

Updated the episode listing on the previous page.

Last edited:
OST4 tracks
01. origin waltz (1:58)
02. Museo della memoria (2:26)
03. spinnen (2:22)
04. LOCURA (2:13)
05. Santa Salvacion (2:25)
06. Discurso Grande (3:09)
07. ニグレド (4:30)
08. ニグレド (off Vocal) (4:30)

Museo della memoria = museum of memories
spinnen = talk rubbish or spin, weave (I'm not sure, I guess depends which track it actually is, maybe it's the lecture track; not the piano/violin one, that's the waltz)
locura = madness
Santa Salvacion = holy salvation
Discurso Grande = Touka is a Nazi
ニグレド = Nigredo

from wiki
In alchemy, nigredo, or blackness, means putrefaction or decomposition. Many alchemists believed that as a first step in the pathway to the philosopher's stone, all alchemical ingredients had to be cleansed and cooked extensively to a uniform black matter.[1]

In analytical psychology, the term became a metaphor for 'the dark night of the soul, when an individual confronts the shadow within'.

I mean, if they included off vocal for Nigredo, they could've also included one for UWASA kazoeuta...

Last edited:
But dat pounding strings track! I guess it has to be LOCURA, even if in the show it appeared before the other track that could be spinnen. (The rest seems to be in anime order.) Can't wait... hopefully appears by Sunday... lol.

Also there must be some creative editing done in the anime cause the holy fight was ~2:45. Edit: Now that I'm listening I guess they repeated the middle chorus section twice, would be about 25secs.

After checking, pounding strings seems to be 2:20 so it would match spinnen rather than LOCURA... HMMMMM... But it also has a 10sec lead-in that gets repeated twice in the animu... I guess we'll see...

Last edited:
Shit quality but here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw6SyESqCKU
OST is also on youtube but the quality is really shit. Like someone played around with band EQ or boosted everything +20dB. Hope the actual CD and eventual lossless rips are not like this. If this youtube rip was indicative of the actual CD, this would be replacement program worthy to me. The CD quality is surefine.

Having said that, I like pretty much everything.
LOCURA the most :fan: ; Nazi Speech and Nigredo the least probably. :/
Discourse has some sweet arrangement choices here and there but as a whole is obnoxious (I can only guess intentionally). Half the instruments feel synth, too.
Nigredo has some interesting backing vocals in the off Vocal version, some of Shito's umm vocalising? on the lead is cool, too. As a whole the song just doesn't sound as "BAM!" as most Magia Record fans seem to think IMHO. Maybe it's this upload quality.

Edit: I got into Nigredo a lot more listening to non-yt OST4. Discurso Grande still the least fav though.

tldr: I really liked Magia Record BGM. Plz2standalone release.

Last edited:
So my guess was right - it was Remi on Chica se lamenta.
Musicians below (Edit: updated all the strings. Not sure about ?渡邊栞? since ?she's not on vgmdb and the small kanji is difficult to make out for me.)

OST1
ALL Keyboard & Programming & Chorus:尾澤拓実 /Takumi Ozawa
Guitar:是永巧一 /Koichi Korenaga
Bass:高井淳 /Jun Takai
Drums:早川誠一郎 /Seiichiro Hayakawa
Flute:赤木りえ /Rie Akagi
Accordion:田ノ岡三郎 /Saburo Tanooka
Strings:城戸喜代Strings /Kiyo Kido Strings
1stViolin:城戸喜代・金子芳子・荒井友美・楢村海香・南條由起・梅原真希子 /Kiyo Kido, Yoshiko Kaneko, Yuumi Arai, Mika Naramura, Yuki Nanjo, Makiko Umehara
2ndViolin:大林典代・岩戸由紀子・杉山由紀・加藤玲名 /Noriyo Ohbayashi, Yukiko Iwato, Yuki Sugiyama, Rena Kato
Viola:渡部安見子・青木史子・増田直子 /Amiko Watabe, Fumiko Aoki, Naoko Masuda
Cello:堀沢真己・木村隆哉 /Masami Horisawa, Takaya Kimura
Double bass:那須野直裕 /Naohiro Nasuno

OST2
Guitar:鳴風 /Narukaze
Acoustic Guitar & Ukulele:柿島伸次 /Shinji Kakijima
Bass:高橋"Jr."知治 /Tomoharu "Jr." Takahashi
Drums:野崎真助 /Masuke Nozaki
Flute:坂本圭 /Kei Sakamoto
Sax:才恵加 /Saeka
Vocal:シト /Shito
Strings:今野均Strings /Hitoshi Konno Strings
1stViolin:今野均・石亀協子・岡部磨知・川口静華・亀田夏絵・納富彩歌 /Hitoshi Konno, Kyoko Ishigame, Machi Okabe, Shizuka Kawaguchi, Natsue Kameda, Ayaka Notomi
2ndViolin:藤堂昌彦・伊能修・中島優紀・森本安弘 /Masahiko Todo, Osamu Iyoku, Yuki Nakajima, Yasuhiro Morimoto
Viola:菊地幹代・萩谷金太郎 /Mikiyo Kikuchi, Kintaro Hagiya
Cello:奥泉貴圭・西方正輝 /Takayoshi Okuizumi, Masateru Nishikata
Double bass:玉木寿美 /Hisami Tamaki

OST3
Electric Guitar:鳴風 /Narukaze
Electric & Acoustic Guitar:佐々木"コジロー"貴之 /Takayuki "Kojiro" Sasaki
Flute:坂本圭 /Kei Sakamoto
Oboe:最上峰行 /Takayuki Mogami
Vocal:Remi
1stViolin:今野均・石亀協子・岡部磨知・川口静華・亀田夏絵・納富彩歌・中島優紀・森本安弘 /Hitoshi Konno, Kyoko Ishigame, Machi Okabe, Shizuka Kawaguchi, Natsue Kameda, Ayaka Notomi, Yuki Nakajima, Yasuhiro Morimoto
2ndViolin:藤堂昌彦・伊能修・森本安弘・松村宏樹・?渡邊栞? /Masahiko Todo, Osamu Iyoku, Yasuhiro Morimoto, Hiroku Matsumura, ?
Viola:菊地幹代・萩谷金太郎・二木美里・長石篤志 /Mikiyo Kikuchi, Kintaro Hagiya, Misato Futaki, Atsushi Nagaishi
Cello:奥泉貴圭・江口心一・西方正輝 /Takayoshi Okuizumi, Shinichi Eguchi, Masateru Nishikata
Doube bass:玉木寿美 /Hisami Tamaki

OST4
Electric & Acoustic Guitar:佐々木"コジロー"貴之 /Takayuki "Kojiro" Sasaki
Vocal:Remi
Vocal:志村一繁 /Kazushige Shimura
1stViolin:今野均・漆原直美・中島優紀・林周雅・亀田夏絵 / Hitoshi Konno, Naomi Urushibara, Yuki Nakajima, Syuga Hayashi, Natsuke Kameda
2ndViolin:藤堂昌彦・川口静華・松村宏樹・?渡邊栞? /Masahiko Todo, Shizuka Kawaguchi, Hiroku Matsumura, ?
Viola:二木美里・長石篤志 /Misato Futaki, Atsushi Nagaishi
Cello:江口心一・西方正輝 /Shinichi Eguchi, Masateru Nishikata
Double bass:玉木寿美 /Hisami Tamaki

SPECIAL ENDING THEME
「ニグレド」 /Nigredo
作詞:シト 作曲・編曲:尾澤拓実
~from ReReGRAPHICS~

Vocal:シト /Shito
Bass:高橋”Jr.”知治 /Tomoharu "Jr." Takahashi

Last edited:
So my guess was right - it was Remi on Chica se lamenta.
Musicians below (Edit: updated all the strings. Not sure about ?渡邊栞? since ?she's not on vgmdb and the small kanji is difficult to make out for me.)
OST2
Acoustic Guitar & Ukulele:柿島伸次 /Shinji Kakijima

Thanks for the listing with romanised names!

Good to see Shinji Kakijima listed again, I've attended a few lives where he played (including for Aira Yuuki and with Lisa Komine, who all appear on Aira Yuuki's "Uta" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlrRbOfmFlw ).

He's also in the Element Hunters ED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc08LP69lVM , and has been a backing musician for savage genius.

I think Kajiura prefers Sato due to him working with her since See-Saw rather than how good he plays 😅 (or she just has low standards for drums).

That came out of nowhere, lol. 14 months with no updates and then "starts in 3 weeks". Then again, since they only said summer, not even July, could it be a mid-season premiere?

Fingers crossed the OST is at least as good as the first season.

Alright, so the Official Twitter has been releasing new info about the show.

1. It will premiere on July 31st at 0:00 each Sunday.
2. By the end of this year, there will be a third season called, “Asaki Yume no Akatsuki”.
3. The second season is subtitled as “Kakusei Zenya”.
4. The OP will be ケアレス (‘Careless’) by ClariS.
5. The ED will be Lapis by TrySail.

There was also a PV released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCeVyUINxB0

Last edited:
Late season then. Wonder if it's going to continue into fall for more than 8 episodes or not...
Maybe they are really going full ham and splitting this into two half-cours. Re: point 2 from your post. That would be a first lol. SHAFT.

The first 30secs are the same teaser from when the first series ended, I think.

Edit:
The official site mentions "Final SEASON" for Asaki Yume no Akatsuki.

"..."

lame as fuck TBH. Oh well, hopefully the OSTs get ripped by June next year. Or even better, gib standalones for me to buy. :|

https://anime.magireco.com/news/?id=57805

Last edited:
https://vgmdb.net/product/10462

2022.01.26 Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica Side Story 2nd SEASON -Kakusei Zenya- Vol.3 Bonus CD ANZX-15566
2021.12.22 Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica Side Story 2nd SEASON -Kakusei Zenya- Vol.2 Bonus CD ANZX-15564
2021.11.24 Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica Side Story 2nd SEASON -Kakusei Zenya- Vol.1 Bonus CD ANZX-15562

Thar we go with the tokuten soundtracks. Official update probably after the first episode airs tomorrow.
Going by the prices it's going to be split 3/2/3 episodes per disc for 8 episodes total.

Ya, tomorrow.

The peculiar thing is that 2nd SEASON would end at the end of September (with those 8 episodes) but the bluray release doesn't start til Nov 24.
Normally they'd start releasing blurays (singles) at the end of the run or the month immediately after so they can still try promoting the blurays during the show's run.
Makes me think they will start the Final SEASON around Nov 24. And I'm also going to guess it's going to be only 5 episodes, lol. (For 13 episodes when combined with S2.) SHAFT truly going for split-split-cours.

Edit:
Since none of us bothered posting the latest trailer:
https://twitter.com/magireco/status/1420368443321290759

OK, lessu go with ep1~

... Wat? So we start off with venari strigas...
Wait so are they implying it's happening in the ?2nd loop of the original or wat? Or are things just similar yet completely alt universe... This shit is so difficult to place with the original characters...

Welp, + puella in somnio + sis puella magica + umbra nigra. I know it makes sense to use the original soundtrack with these characters but gib Ozawa lol.

Dafuq is happening...

... ah ok. so it is just another timeline for the old Homura but with something new happening. Very well.

+ Pugna Infinita + Numquam vincar
will this really be all original characters and original ost? where my ozawa at?

+ Agmen clientum + Credens justitiam (weird without Mami but guess they ran out of major tracks from the original)
Dat animation. Hopefully they have some budget for the rest of the show... lol.

Welp. It was all reused original OST. Let's see how Kajiura was credited for this episode lol.

音楽協力
梶浦由記
(「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」より)

Last edited:
Well, I just finished the first episode! Figured I’d leave some of my thoughts here.

-Alright so this is the first time I’ve actually heard Aoi Yuuki and Chiwa Saito as Madoka and Homura. They did a good job, as did Katou and Kitamura. Definitely going to rewatch this whenever the dub comes out.

-I actually really really liked this episode, which is kind of depressing because it’s literally just twenty minutes of the OG cast instead of the newer one.

-Loved the uses of Umbra Nigra and Sis Puella Magica. Absolutely perfect.

-Sayaka was excellent in this episode! Like she always is, haha. I think in the game she took the revelation . . . Very calmly so I like that they changed that here.

-Wow now that Kyubey’s got no act to put up he’s just spilling all the beans.

-I just about screamed when I heard Pugna Infinita. One of my absolute favorite songs from the old OST.

-The rest of the placements were alright, but I feel like Salve Terrae should have been used sometime during the Patricia fight.

-A WILD KAZUKO SAOTOME APPEARS! Also I got distracted by the whiteboard in the back. “After getting cut off from society, Kazuko Saotome gains enough charm to turn on the human race.” I would so watch that lol.

-I’m hoping they clean up Sayaka’s fight with Patricia on the Blu-Ray because as it stands the camerawork is very messy.

-Sayaka and Homura have a really sweet interaction! Have we ever seen them be this civil towards one another?

-Three-Way takedown! Though when did Sayaka turn into a roadrunner?

-Oh yeah, Kyoko showed up for three seconds!

-Credits! I really like the new ClariS song, but I’ll have to wait for the sequence to fully pass my judgement.

-Oh right this is Magia Record. Forgot that. Anyways, uh, Yachiyo’s lost it.

-Kuroe really needs to do something. Also, Nemu foreshadowing.

Like I said, really good episode! Now let’s see what Ozawa gives us next time.

Back