Apart from Yuki, are there other artists you like very much?

Liked it, ! It seems it's a mix of his previous works but it's fine, my favorite might be BangBangBur!...n?
Yeah, as always with Sawano, the tracks could be part of any random soundtrack. It's like if Gundam had a child with Kill la Kill, you know, that kind of comfort zone. But I liked it quite much, with NEXUS, BangBangBUR!...n? and GAL-OTHY-MOS among my favorites.
And SnK season 3 OST will be incredible. I'm wondering if it will win the Newtype Award this year, or if Yuki Kajiura has any chance with one of her projects. -okay, it's not THE reference but it's the only pool where we can get a Kajiura/Sawano Bowl-

Last edited:
Hear me out. Sawano is great for SnK but frankly I hate his work everywhere else. Whenever I see a Sawano show and hear the music, I get filled with terror like they're fighting the titans all over again. Am I crazy? it don't help that 90% of his musical ideas are mix and match of the same 5 phrase and textures.

Today I saw an epic, awe-inspiring performance of the Mahler 8th by the LA Phil and various choirs and soloists. It was “consolation” for my disappointment that Kajiura isn’t returning to Anime Expo this summer.

Thanks for the tip. I don’t know him at all, so I’ll try to listen to a bunch of his stuff to see what he’s like.
Don't know who's going to be performing his stuff (50piece orchestra but how that could go quality wise is anyone's guess???) or what he's going to play but they're advertising him as the composer for Shadowverse, B the beginning, Saint Seiya Legend of Sanctuary, Tiger & Bunny, Dororo so maybe that will be the main part of the setlist.

He's got plenty great stuff out there (and like most composers he has some tricks he likes to repeat lol), including some wonderful electronica (not really part of the advertised shows though lol).

My recent favorite of his:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N5OB68ld1o

https://vgmdb.net/artist/1938

Last edited by a moderator:
LA phil? Speaking of LA, Is anyone here going to the big Final Fantasy VII concert featuring the 100 man orchestra and new arrangements?

Kanako Ito couldn't make it to Eiko Shimamiya's birthday live, but they are both worth seeing:

https://twitter.com/info_kanako_ito/status/1135520015879303168
6月10日(月)20:00配信のWEBラジオ『いとうかなこの歌声喫茶ラルゴ』のゲストは、島みやえい子さん登場!
毎週月曜日20時更新
http://www.blue-radio.com/index.html

D8ItbNeU8AArjIb.jpg

That's Kanako Ito's regular radio show, I've been to a solo live of hers in 2017 and seen her at various Animelo Summer Live concerts (even singing Akatsuki no Kuruma with Yuuka Nanri once).

Prior to [nZk] concert tomorrow,
I accidentally saw Sawano in front of me today, as I was wandering in a shopping mall. I couldn't believe it at first, so I lost my only chance to say him a word. He looked at me briefly, as I was staring at him. Then I saw him again with his family I think (a woman and a little girl who looked like him but more kawai).
I didn't want to interfere during his relaxing moment.
Do you guys have an idea if it's a bad thing to try to communicate with a famous person in Japan ? And take a selfie ? It seems like nobody remarked him except me, or maybe was it because people don't want to show their feeling (typical japanese)...

@Justisamuel I think that it was good to respect his privacy (especially with family). It can also be awkward knowing what is appropriate at a small live show where someone well known may want to be incognito in the audience, e.g. when I saw Keiichi Nozaki (Flying Dog) at one of Lisa Komine's live shows before the start he wasn't trying to hide and I said hello and chatted briefly, and it turned out later that Aira Yuuki also attended the same show but probably wanted to stay incognito.

@Kugayama Thank you for your opinion on this ! But still, I think I'll regret it all my life ^^
And I confirm it was his daughter, he talked about her today.
I don't want to spam only about Sawano, but I want to finish the discussion about his live and since I wrote this little text somewhere else, I'll simply paste it here.

"After running into him by chance yesterday in a big mall (but I missed my chance to say him any single word), I attended Hiroyuki Sawano’s [nZk]006 concert tonight in Yokohama. Eargasms overload, as numerous songs from [nZk] project or various Anime were played live, as well as bombastic tracks or medleys.

A great line-up of singers made an appearance, such as ASCA and Sayuri from the popular SACRA generation, Sukima Switch and Akihito Okano, the faithfuls Eliana, Gemie, Benjamin & mpi, the more recently discovered Tielle, and the newly arrived Laco. As always, the composer was on fire and took his ease behind his idiomatic grand piano to add more shape to his hybrid and distinctive style, although the usual tempest of drums nearly covered any other instrument.

The show began with a powerful mix of Glory -Into the RM- / [nZk]o1 \ improvised stuff.
The setlist was a true gift, as we could be the firsts to listen to unreleased astonishing tracks as a premiere, like K2- (Kenny’s theme), Zero Eclipse, SymphonicSuite[AoT]Part2-5th:Apple Seed ; never performed before Vigilante, S_TEAM, NEXUS, Inferno ; as well as notorious YouSeeBIGGIRL/T:T , GravityWall... among many others. To finish, we were also lucky to be part of a huge and very long version of RE/MEMBER.

My favorite part from the concert was when they played K2-, in the midst of J-POP tracks. While the audience was moving like in an usual concert for the songs, people were litterally scotched to their seats during this part, but I could feel a sudden and incredible collective shiver. It could have been dangerous.

The 3 inserted numbers reflect the composer unlimited ambition. See you one day for [nZk]100 ; ‪Hiroyuki Sawano‬ !
Thank you for reading Unti_L the end !!
R∃/MEMBER !!!"

Instead of hiring generic singers, I would like Yuki Kajiura to work personally with KOKIA and her amazing voice or Alan and her unique tibetan wail, that could even be fused to Kajiurago for the most ambitious singing technique ever.

Instead of hiring generic singers, I would like Yuki Kajiura to work personally with KOKIA and her amazing voice or Alan and her unique tibetan wail, that could even be fused to Kajiurago for the most ambitious singing technique ever.
Funny enough, Kajiura did work with Kokia several years ago. I think they did two songs for Rainbow.

https://www.lantis.jp/20th/report/03-05.html

DAY-03
2019.06.23(sun)

【レポート】『ランティス祭り』DAY3(5):スペシャル感満載! 12年振りに5人が揃ったSOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱のステージ
【レポート】『ランティス祭り』DAY3(5):スペシャル感満載! 12年振りに5人が揃ったSOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱のステージ

通称“SOS団”こと“世界を大いに盛り上げるための涼宮ハルヒの団”のステージは、背後のスクリーンにテレビアニメ『涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱』の映像や、“プログラム起動条件 鍵を揃えよ”など謎解き形式の文字を映し出すことで、同アニメの世界に入り込めたような気持ちになった。

SOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱

SOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱

スクリーンに映る涼宮ハルヒと同じ髪飾りを付けた涼宮ハルヒ役・平野 綾は、自由にステージを駆け回り「冒険でしょでしょ?」をパワフルに歌い上げる。透かさず、終始その場を動かず、凛とした表情で「雪、無音、窓辺にて」を届けたのは、長門有希役・茅原実里。その一方で、朝比奈みくる役・後藤邑子はチャーミングに、そしてパワフルに『恋のミクル伝説』を届け、場を盛り上げていく。

SOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱

そのまま「まっがーれ↓スペクタクル」を振り付けを含んだ演出で古泉一樹役・小野大輔が披露したあと、「ハレ晴レユカイ」ではキョン役・杉田智和も4人に混ざり、女性3人が歌う中、5人揃って息の合ったダンスを繰り広げる。

SOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱
SOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱

“12年振りに5人揃いました!”とは平野。5人が懐かしいと語り合うと、平野は記憶が呼び覚まされたかのように『涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱』への熱い想いを涙ながらに伝えたのだった。

text by 小町碧音

【SET LIST】
■SOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱/涼宮ハルヒ(CV.平野 綾)
1. 冒険でしょでしょ?
■SOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱/長門有希(CV.茅原実里)
1. 雪、無音、窓辺にて。
■SOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱/朝比奈みくる(CV.後藤邑子)
1. 恋のミクル伝説
■SOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱/古泉一樹(CV.小野大輔)
1. まっがーれ↓スペクタクル
■SOS団 from 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱
1. ハレ晴レユカイ