• XenForo had been updated to 2.0.4. Report issues here.

Apart from Yuki, are there other artists you like very much?

sora

Bowl of Yuki-shaped cereal
I liked Unmei no Kotachi and Kizuna and all their arrangements, but didn't really care for the rest of the music. Loved Yurikuma though. Glad she's doing Sarazanmai.
Yeah, those two melodies are pretty much the bulk of the ost, though I also liked a couple of the ARB arrangements she did with Triple H.

t's most likely for Simon Franglen to succeed James Horner as composer for Avatar 2. Who was your first favorite music composer, Samuel-fella?
Steve Jablonsky for sure. I was a kid and didn't know anything about the way of creating music, even that behind a movie a composer was involved lol. It was back in 2007 with Transformers ^^
Then, thanks to Avatar's trailer, I began to listen more from him after "My name is Lincoln" used in the trailer, and I also was introduced to "Epic music industry" with Audiomachine after "Guardians at the Gate".

Steve Jablonsky led me back to Hans Zimmer & cie,
Audiomachine led me to Two Steps From Hell & cie,

It was only "recently" that I really began listening to japanese composers (except Yasuharu Takanashi's Fairy Tail since my childhood). It was with Fate/UBW (I watched it in 2016) and I loved "Believe". I thought it was weird at first to listen to "idol/products" and I kept it for myself xD. The funniest fact is that I was introduced to Kajiura's world by error: I thought during 3 months that she composed all the soundtrack :p

And you ?

Be sure to listen to more of her soundtracks with youtube and this list https://canta-per-me.net/discography/per-project/
If u do you will instantly tell that the rest of the soundtrack was not her style 🙂
Yeah sure but I didn't know that before :p

All I miss from Yuki Kajiura (impossible to find) are the followings:
- Elf ban Kakyuusei -Melody- 03 oyasumi 08 Get Into Revolution!
- Musical Sakura Taisen ~Hanasaku Otome~ Original Soundtrack (2, 5-7, 14, 17, 18)
- Kristina & Laura – GARDENS – THE BEST SELECTION OF K&L 1 - Summer Garden
- Fantasy Sound & Reading: The Velveteen Rabbit 2004
All the rest, I have :p

Don't be afraid: now I am really able to recognize her style, so I think you can trust my analysis on Kimetsu no Yaiba's music.
If this analysis goes wrong, then Kajiura has really improved her style.

grunty

I have reached Yuki nirvana
All I miss from Yuki Kajiura (impossible to find) are the followings:
- Elf ban Kakyuusei -Melody- 03 oyasumi 08 Get Into Revolution!
- Musical Sakura Taisen ~Hanasaku Otome~ Original Soundtrack (2, 5-7, 14, 17, 18)
- Kristina & Laura – GARDENS – THE BEST SELECTION OF K&L 1 - Summer Garden
- Fantasy Sound & Reading: The Velveteen Rabbit 2004
All the rest, I have :p
Pretty sure Hanasaku Otome was posted very recently in the request thread. Velveteen Rabbit probably appears there regularly too.

Not gonna lie I don't even have the other 2, lol.

Terry Tsurugi

Roses at her doorstep
I made a playlist of every Aiko song I like, which ended up being over 6 hrs, so I had to chop it up into 4 parts chronologically. I like the way she uses 70s arrangements with lots of electric piano and jazzy chord changes.

I was really into Sakura Taisen in early 20s’ even I had never played any of their games😂
And I wasn’t so big fan of Maaya Sakamoto but when I listened to “Bokutachigakoiwosururiyuu”, realized how amazing her works are~

Steve Jablonsky for sure. I was a kid and didn't know anything about the way of creating music, even that behind a movie a composer was involved lol. It was back in 2007 with Transformers ^^
Then, thanks to Avatar's trailer, I began to listen more from him after "My name is Lincoln" used in the trailer, and I also was introduced to "Epic music industry" with Audiomachine after "Guardians at the Gate".

Steve Jablonsky led me back to Hans Zimmer & cie,
Audiomachine led me to Two Steps From Hell & cie,

It was only "recently" that I really began listening to japanese composers (except Yasuharu Takanashi's Fairy Tail since my childhood). It was with Fate/UBW (I watched it in 2016) and I loved "Believe". I thought it was weird at first to listen to "idol/products" and I kept it for myself xD. The funniest fact is that I was introduced to Kajiura's world by error: I thought during 3 months that she composed all the soundtrack :p

And you ?
I now realise must be younger than me, that's nice. It all started for me back when I was 5, at the time in Mexico anime was very popular, so I got really fascinated by Saint Seiya, I really found engaging to know more about Greek mythology and the constellations. To be honest with you I hated every single kind of music when I was a kid and until I became teenager I found out after so many years Saint Seiya was going to get a sequel, the so-called Hades saga, which reused the music of the original series, so when I was around 15 or 16 I got the Saint Seiya scores and started to listen to them really often, and that made me seek and find other animes from childhood's scores. Being Yoko Kanno and Hajime Mizoguchi's work for Tenkuu no Escaflowne really important in me defining my taste in music. Later on I started to watch some animes of the time and then is when I found out about Noir and that's how I got to know Yuki Kajiura's score... I fell in love with his very European score, I have to admit it reminded me a bit of Eric Serra, then I saw Madlax and later on Tsubasa Chronicle and the rest is history. Bottom line it was thanks to Seiji Yokoyama's marvelous epic orchestral score for Saint Seiya I got into listening instrumental music.