Apart from Yuki, are there other artists you like very much?

t's most likely for Simon Franglen to succeed James Horner as composer for Avatar 2. Who was your first favorite music composer, Samuel-fella?

t's most likely for Simon Franglen to succeed James Horner as composer for Avatar 2. Who was your first favorite music composer, Samuel-fella?

Steve Jablonsky for sure. I was a kid and didn't know anything about the way of creating music, even that behind a movie a composer was involved lol. It was back in 2007 with Transformers ^^
Then, thanks to Avatar's trailer, I began to listen more from him after "My name is Lincoln" used in the trailer, and I also was introduced to "Epic music industry" with Audiomachine after "Guardians at the Gate".

Steve Jablonsky led me back to Hans Zimmer & cie,
Audiomachine led me to Two Steps From Hell & cie,

It was only "recently" that I really began listening to japanese composers (except Yasuharu Takanashi's Fairy Tail since my childhood). It was with Fate/UBW (I watched it in 2016) and I loved "Believe". I thought it was weird at first to listen to "idol/products" and I kept it for myself xD. The funniest fact is that I was introduced to Kajiura's world by error: I thought during 3 months that she composed all the soundtrack :p

And you ?

Be sure to listen to more of her soundtracks with youtube and this list https://canta-per-me.net/discography/per-project/
If u do you will instantly tell that the rest of the soundtrack was not her style 🙂

Yeah sure but I didn't know that before :p

All I miss from Yuki Kajiura (impossible to find) are the followings:
- Elf ban Kakyuusei -Melody- 03 oyasumi 08 Get Into Revolution!
- Musical Sakura Taisen ~Hanasaku Otome~ Original Soundtrack (2, 5-7, 14, 17, 18)
- Kristina & Laura – GARDENS – THE BEST SELECTION OF K&L 1 - Summer Garden
- Fantasy Sound & Reading: The Velveteen Rabbit 2004
All the rest, I have :p

Don't be afraid: now I am really able to recognize her style, so I think you can trust my analysis on Kimetsu no Yaiba's music.
If this analysis goes wrong, then Kajiura has really improved her style.

All I miss from Yuki Kajiura (impossible to find) are the followings:
- Elf ban Kakyuusei -Melody- 03 oyasumi 08 Get Into Revolution!
- Musical Sakura Taisen ~Hanasaku Otome~ Original Soundtrack (2, 5-7, 14, 17, 18)
- Kristina & Laura – GARDENS – THE BEST SELECTION OF K&L 1 - Summer Garden
- Fantasy Sound & Reading: The Velveteen Rabbit 2004
All the rest, I have :p
Pretty sure Hanasaku Otome was posted very recently in the request thread. Velveteen Rabbit probably appears there regularly too.

Not gonna lie I don't even have the other 2, lol.

I made a playlist of every Aiko song I like, which ended up being over 6 hrs, so I had to chop it up into 4 parts chronologically. I like the way she uses 70s arrangements with lots of electric piano and jazzy chord changes.

I was really into Sakura Taisen in early 20s’ even I had never played any of their games😂
And I wasn’t so big fan of Maaya Sakamoto but when I listened to “Bokutachigakoiwosururiyuu”, realized how amazing her works are~

Steve Jablonsky for sure. I was a kid and didn't know anything about the way of creating music, even that behind a movie a composer was involved lol. It was back in 2007 with Transformers ^^
Then, thanks to Avatar's trailer, I began to listen more from him after "My name is Lincoln" used in the trailer, and I also was introduced to "Epic music industry" with Audiomachine after "Guardians at the Gate".

Steve Jablonsky led me back to Hans Zimmer & cie,
Audiomachine led me to Two Steps From Hell & cie,

It was only "recently" that I really began listening to japanese composers (except Yasuharu Takanashi's Fairy Tail since my childhood). It was with Fate/UBW (I watched it in 2016) and I loved "Believe". I thought it was weird at first to listen to "idol/products" and I kept it for myself xD. The funniest fact is that I was introduced to Kajiura's world by error: I thought during 3 months that she composed all the soundtrack :p

And you ?

I now realise must be younger than me, that's nice. It all started for me back when I was 5, at the time in Mexico anime was very popular, so I got really fascinated by Saint Seiya, I really found engaging to know more about Greek mythology and the constellations. To be honest with you I hated every single kind of music when I was a kid and until I became teenager I found out after so many years Saint Seiya was going to get a sequel, the so-called Hades saga, which reused the music of the original series, so when I was around 15 or 16 I got the Saint Seiya scores and started to listen to them really often, and that made me seek and find other animes from childhood's scores. Being Yoko Kanno and Hajime Mizoguchi's work for Tenkuu no Escaflowne really important in me defining my taste in music. Later on I started to watch some animes of the time and then is when I found out about Noir and that's how I got to know Yuki Kajiura's score... I fell in love with his very European score, I have to admit it reminded me a bit of Eric Serra, then I saw Madlax and later on Tsubasa Chronicle and the rest is history. Bottom line it was thanks to Seiji Yokoyama's marvelous epic orchestral score for Saint Seiya I got into listening instrumental music.

@GreatKenji NoB (singer of Pegasus Fantasy) is still around:
1554811944935.jpg

Front centre, with his students.

There are a lot of artists I enjoy !

1) Akiko Shikata
Certainly one of my favorite artists. She has a beautiful voice and can do a lot of different voices. Akatsuki was the first song I hear but wow there are a lot of other beautiful songs like Arabesque, Arcadia, Lxa-ti-cia, Ricordando-il-Passato, Tsukiyo no ongakutai. She has made soundtracks of Crossange and some music in Ar Tonelico III and Ar no Surge but she's very cool to hear.

2)Revo
Maybe my favorite composer, his soundtrack of Bravely Default is beautiful and the Concert of Bravely Default wow impressive. I like a lot his narrative concerts and hope he'll be the composer of Bravely Third, if this game exists one day...

3)Tatsuya Katou
A lot of anime soundtracks like Food Wars, Love Live Sunshine, Free! or Mirai Nikki. Some of his works are really beautiful and original. Bon Appétit from Food Wars or Let's go the Camp from Free! are really fun but soundtracks like Sympathy and Parting from Mirai Nikki or Let's make a miracle from Love Live! Sunshine!! are really emotional even if he can still make epic soundtracks Upper Class Speed Game from Mirai Nikki.

4) Yasunori Nishiki
He's the composer of the game Octopath Traveler but he also did the soundtrack of the anime Granblue Fantasy and some musics of the mobile game Princess Connect Re:Dive. I really love his music and for me his soundtrack of Octopath Traveler was my favorite soundtrack of 2018. Songs like Primrose Theme, H'aanit Theme, How Amusing!, Battle II, The daughter of the dark god are really good and the little preview of his soundtrack in the future mobile game Octopath Traveler : Champions of Continent is really promising.

5) Yasunori Mitusuda/ACE/Tsutomu Narita
Yasunori Mitsuda and ACE are with other composers, the composers of a lot of game like Xenoblade ( 1 and 2 ) and the musics are really beautiful. The song One Last You from Yasunori Mitsuda and sung by Jen Bird is beautiful. ( Jen Bird has a beautiful voice ). ACE did also a great work with Jen Bird with Drifting Souls. Their arrangement in Super Smash Bros Ultimate of GangPlank Galleon is really good. But Chico one of a member of ACE also sings, and the song from Tsutomu Narita New World Order sung by Chico from Granblue Fantasy Lyria is beautiful. Tsutomu Narita is really good, and the only song he did in MegaDimension Neptunia VII ( Encounter of Destiny ) is really good.

I also really love the music of Cécile Corbel ( Arrietty ), Hiroyuki Sawano ( Xenoblade Chronicles X , Shingeki no Kyojin... God Promare Soundtrack is very promising o: ), Yuki Hayashi ( Death Parade, One Piece Gold, Kiznaiver... ) , Yoko Shimomura <3 ( Kingdom Hearts , Mario & Luigi but also Gokujo Seitokai and High Score Girl... Going to KH Orchestra in Paris, hope it will be very good !). Masafumi Takada did a good job with Danganronpa Series. ( Ekoroshia <3 ) Finally I will pay attention of the future works of Takahiro Obata ( The Promised Neverland ), the soundtrack was insane and I wait for the next CDs of the soundtrack and his future works.

I certainly forgot a lot of artists I love ( Starving Trancer or Taku Iwasaki for example ) but I will close this message now.

Nice. Fate/Kaleid is another good work by Tatsuya Kato, especially the movie "Sekka no Chikai", don't you think ?
I mean, was there only one bad/forgettable Fate-composer since its arrival in the Anime industry ?

Kenki Kawai is good! Liked his work in "Joker Game".
I really loved his work for "Detective Dee" 2 & 3, sadly the OSTs were never released because it's a Chinese production...
And "Mezame no Hakobune" musical drama is grandiose.

GOT S8 Soundtrack is really good.
8 years, 8 soundtracks, 184 tracks, for a total of 9h26.
Ramin Djawadi deserves the Iron Throne.

Here's my personal Top 10 Tracks from the series:

10- Master of War
9- Finale
8- Against All Odds
7- The Rains of Castamere (ft. Serj Tankian)
6- Winter Has Come
5- The Children
4- The Last of the Starks
3- The Night King
2- Mhysa
1- The Winds of Winter

I'm going to miss the main theme !

I don't think the film itself has premiered yet.
It has (May 24), and the full soundtrack has landed instantly on youtube.

I lied. My first favorite composers were Go Ichinose & Junichi Masuda with Pokémon games. The melodies are part of the deepest memories of my childhood, as for most of my friends. Unforgettable. Especially the RSE ones (and re-arranged ORAS, but I listened to it as an adult so it's not the same)

Back