Kalafina 10th Anniversary Live at Nippon Budokan (2018-01-23) (BD/DVD Release June 13/2018)

I've never uploaded a video to YouTube, but I thought there were some translation features, like automated captions or crowd-sourced subs, that you could enable when you post YouTube videos. Does anyone know anything about that?
The subtitles have to be manually entered, other than the "automatic" captions for the language the video is in (though it's based on voice recognition so it's not always accurate). For what we want, someone would need to translate the movie then manually enter those translations into the video

The subtitles have to be manually entered, other than the "automatic" captions for the language the video is in (though it's based on voice recognition so it's not always accurate). For what we want, someone would need to translate the movie then manually enter those translations into the video

So the automatic captions are only in the original language? Oh well. I would rather have crude automated captions rather than nothing, but I guess I’ll just have to make do without. You’d think with the advances in AI and machine learning, we would have pretty accurate translation software by now that works in real time with video playback.

I watch bit by bit, i don't think i can marathon whole almost 3 hrs vid. Watched till Yane no mukou, so far loving it.:hearts:

I spent all evening binging both videos. It makes me love Kalafina even more, although I feel a little sad too. The rehearsal scenes were so interesting. I’m curious who really leads the rehearsals and has the final word on the arrangements and musical decisions for the live shows. I always assumed it was Yuki but she was MIA from the movie.

I spent all evening binging both videos. It makes me love Kalafina even more, although I feel a little sad too. The rehearsal scenes were so interesting. I’m curious who really leads the rehearsals and has the final word on the arrangements and musical decisions for the live shows. I always assumed it was Yuki but she was MIA from the movie.
That's really not fair. :cry:

The rehearsal scenes were so interesting. I’m curious who really leads the rehearsals and has the final word on the arrangements and musical decisions for the live shows. I always assumed it was Yuki but she was MIA from the movie
I think it's Yuki as well, though for the rehearsal (like the serenato rehearsal I saw) they don't necessarily need Yuki there, as more or less it's just practicing

just watched the youtube link

to be honest my long waiting for Progressive was well paid!!!! such an energetic kajiurago part
and that Keiko hugging Wakana was also 'uhhhh so sweet'

they put their maximum effort for this live....

My heart is not ready to watch this.

i feel you

'konsore dito amito' kajiurago part of Progressive, for me, is the only kajiurago sung totally energetically by the THREE of them

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's Yuki as well, though for the rehearsal (like the serenato rehearsal I saw) they don't necessarily need Yuki there, as more or less it's just practicing

In the Hikari Furu rehearsal, we saw them practicing the lead up to the bridge and the extra long pause and dramatic drum entry over and over and discussing it. I wish I could understand what was said, but I got the impression that Keiko was having a lot of input how to play that part. I thought that Yuki would be guiding the singers and band on tempo, accents, dynamics, alternate arrangements, etc. (I can picture her being a very demanding dictator-chan who knows exactly what she wants and how everything should sound) for concerts as well as for recordings, but the fact that she wasn’t shown makes me wonder if someone else has that role for Kalafina lives or if it’s more democratic (which can get messy with so many musicians involved - every band really needs a band leader [eg, Hibike Euphonium]).

Also, you would think that the mastermind and producer behind all of the music would be shown and interviewed, so I was curious why she was missing. Maybe it was because of the Space Craft thing and she was cut from the movie, or they wanted to keep the focus on the girls, or maybe they talked about her a lot but I just couldn’t understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that hikari furu rehearsal part was mainly them deciding which version of Sato's drum entry after the pause will sound most appropriately dramatic - like how many counts it should be, what sounds it should have, and in terms of what suits that part of the song and the fact that they are doing this at the Budokan.
Keiko was kind of leading the discussion but in the end it was a unanimous decision.

^ that hikari furu rehearsal part was mainly them deciding which version of Sato's drum entry after the pause will sound most appropriately dramatic - like how many counts it should be, what sounds it should have, and in terms of what suits that part of the song and the fact that they are doing this at the Budokan.
Keiko was kind of leading the discussion but in the end it was a unanimous decision.

Thanks, that’s helpful. Also, in some other scenes, like the Serenato rehearsals, Keiko looked like the leader to me. Maybe that’s why she usually gets to stand in the center :glasses:.

Back