What are you listening to right NOW?

I read on tumblr yesterday that Amber doesn't like Milk. Amber also said that their earlier songs (i.e Lachata) are cringey in a video interview. Victoria looked kinda shocked after that and her expression showed that she kinda want to scold Amber. That's not untrue but Idk I think I lost some respect for her after watching that interview. It's not uncommon for idols to not liking their songs but I don't think it's appropriate to talk about it so openly, since lots of people liked it and those songs are the songs that made their name became well known. Even Krystal whose taste in music is quite far from f(x)'s usual style said that she thinks that f(x)'s songs tend to be on good side and she was never embarrassed with those songs. With her personality I don't think Amber is quite cut out for being a Kpop idol.

Np: electric shock - f(x). This song stuck in my head since yesterday

lol yeah, I watch Amber's youtube channel sometimes and her taste in music is just so...generic American mainstream lol. Still love her but yeah, it's disappointing :/
I totally agree that she doesn't seem cut out for being a Kpop idol haha, her personality is just so so so different.
I heard f(x) contract renewals are coming up and I'm seriously doubting Amber is gonna resign, which sucks. :/
If you don't mind tho, mind linking that interview btw? I'd like to see it lol

np: Onew- Nessun Dorma
love love love love love

Adele — Send My Love (To Your New Lover): I love singing harmony to this song, as I’m pretty sure the two harmonies are in minor while the song is major (but I’m not good at judging such things).
Another thing, allegedly her lowest note is a C3, making me even more interested in how far below E3 Keiko can reach, because that certainly can’t be her true lowest note.

Before that, I’d been listening to a spliced-together “Xvs.X” song that included the vocals of “Lonely” by 2NE1, put onto the instrumental and backing vocals of “Heart Station” by Utada Hikaru.
This, for some reason, continues to sound absolutely great (to me).

The small handful of Migma Shelter songs that are currently out. Psytrance idols are the best.

lol yeah, I watch Amber's youtube channel sometimes and her taste in music is just so...generic American mainstream lol. Still love her but yeah, it's disappointing :/
I totally agree that she doesn't seem cut out for being a Kpop idol haha, her personality is just so so so different.
I heard f(x) contract renewals are coming up and I'm seriously doubting Amber is gonna resign, which sucks. :/
If you don't mind tho, mind linking that interview btw? I'd like to see it lol

np: Onew- Nessun Dorma
love love love love love

I have to dig my youtube history to search for that video, hopefully i could find it. Those infos came from different interviews lol anw kpop idols love to listen to mainstream american music, it's not new hahaha. Amber's solo songs also are very american...which is understandable because she IS american :XD:

Now listening to: Alleluia - Kalafina

SHINee, "Please don't go" Onew and Jonghyun are spectacular, especially in the live version :hearts: they harmonize so beautifully!

Cecile Corbet-Arrietty's Song (this soundtrack was so beautiful, I love her voice, I like her Japanese, kind of like how Angela Aki doesn't sound Japanese either, I know Cecile isn't, but yeah... Cecile also has a song called Red Rose lol)

Taemin- Day and Night.
I can't believe he released a repackage for his album gahhh, and this song is so nice and calming too!! I LOVE his harmonies and adlibs in the last chorus

I'm so proud of him for not only writing the lyrics but also helping in composing as well!! He's really following in Jonghyun's footsteps lol

All of the vocal tracks from the NieR: Automata OST.

For some reason, the first description that came to my mind in thinking about what I could compare this to was “this sounds like Yuki Kajiura work if she were younger, and maybe a man” and I have NO idea why.

^I love that OST, yet I've still never played Nier. I need a PS4...

Now listening to:
VIXX- Chained Up Album, now on Out of Sorts. (부시시)

This is a really good album, and 부시시 is a really nice song, I especially like Ravi's parts. (I like the Korean name lol, it's fun to say :P).
Also, the song Now We REALLY reminds me of f(x)'s Sorry Dear Daddy lol.
VIXX has a really cool and unique musical style, I should listen to them more often. I have all their songs on my phone but I never went out of my way to listen to them before now lol

Last edited by a moderator:
^I love that OST, yet I've still never played Nier. I need a PS4...

Now listening to:
VIXX- Chained Up Album, now on Out of Sorts. (부시시)

This is a really good album, and 부시시 is a really nice song, I especially like Ravi's parts. (I like the Korean name lol, it's fun to say :P).
Also, the song Now We REALLY reminds me of f(x)'s Sorry Dear Daddy lol.
VIXX has a really cool and unique musical style, I should listen to them more often. I have all their songs on my phone but I never went out of my way to listen to them before now lol

You should check them out. My sister recommended them to me because she knew I liked Kalafina and she said that VIXX's songs reminded her of Kalafina. They're the 3rd group I stan after Shinhwa and f(x) - SHINee is the 4th because I checked them out way too late. I really like their darker songs and almost all of their comeback songs are really good. Chained Up, Eternity, and Error are among my most played songs. Their Shangri La and VIXX LR's Whisper are among the few comeback songs I really like this year. Also most people say that Hyuk's voice is similar to Onew's and partially that's why he's my bias on VIXX lol. The difference is Onew is a much more solid live singer compared to Hyuk but Hyuk can sing well when he doesn't dance hard.

Np: blaze - Kalafina
I think I'd like this song more if the harmonies become the melodies instead. I keep singing either Wakana's or Keiko's parts on this song.

Np: blaze - Kalafina
I think I'd like this song more if the harmonies become the melodies instead. I keep singing either Wakana's or Keiko's parts on this song.
Heh, it was a while ago, but on my profile I said that Keiko's harmony during the chorus should've been the melody, with a double high harmony. It would give the song a bit more listening value cause Keiko would have lead on a chorus for once.

Heh, it was a while ago, but on my profile I said that Keiko's harmony during the chorus should've been the melody, with a double high harmony. It would give the song a bit more listening value cause Keiko would have lead on a chorus for once.

That would definitely be more interesting but we know how much Kajiura loves to make Hikaru stay on G4s on her songs lol

Other than Usumurasaki bridge and that one line in seventh heaven, is there any Kalafina song with double high harmony?

Np: whatever this Kpop song my sister is currently blasting on her phone. She said it's Wanna One's song.

That would definitely be more interesting but we know how much Kajiura loves to make Hikaru stay on G4s on her songs lol

Other than Usumurasaki bridge and that one line in seventh heaven, is there any Kalafina song with double high harmony?
It's actually A4 iirc, but yeah :XD:

The ending line of Mune no Yukue's chorus has a double high harmony

np: Kalafina- symphonia

Back