What are you listening to right NOW?

It's actually A4 iirc, but yeah :XD:

The ending line of Mune no Yukue's chorus has a double high harmony

np: Kalafina- symphonia

Lol yes my bad

Oh yeah the mune no yukue wo terashiteeeeee

Nowadays i kinda miss Kalafina but i'm too lazy to put their songs back to my phone bcs their songs got deleted when my memory card broke

Np: fantasia from Red Day 2015 - Kalafina
The strings on Wakana's part is so cool

I'm kinda thankful for someone who uploaded most Kalafina concerts to youtube

f(x)- Red Light

Can't believe that they're ACTUALLY HAVING A COMEBACK IN 2018 AFTER 2 YEARS AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

f(x) - Chocolate Love

I liked f(x)'s version much better than SNSD's even though the filter/effect put on this song made them sound kinda like 2NE1. Thankfully f(x)'s member have naturally better tones than 2NE1's lol so they sound much less annoying than 2NE1.

f(x) always have the best choreo and the MV for this song showed that f(x)'s choreo is like 20x harder than SNSD's.

The Kubikiri Cycle OST. I tried so hard to get myself to listen to Kpop again, but I truly can't do it yet, so I'm turning to this because it's a really good OST and it's actually helping.

Besides that though, I was looping Chen's performance of Drunken Truth all day. It's the only Korean song I can bring myself to listen to right now. His voice is just so comforting, I want to believe it'll eventually be ok.

Fuck, I just listened to Seventh Heaven again for the first time in a really long time and I broke down again.

I always had a weird connection to this song, I could only listen to it at very specific times, because it would always, and I mean always, make me tear up in some way. I think it was because I always associated it with the final KnK movie, and listening to it would make me think of the movie, which was one of the few movies that would leave me crying like a baby everytime I watched it.
Now that I listened to Seventh Heaven again, after everything that has been going on, I feel really really sad again (I'm crying as I write this) but also slightly at ease. Now I remember why I loved Kalafina so much to begin with, and in a way I almost wish I hadn't fallen out of love with them as much as I had, because then maybe I wouldn't be hurting this much. If only Kajiura would make good songs again, goddammit.

I miss Jonghyun so much though, my heart and chest is still in so much pain, and I think it's going to take a really long time before I'm ready to hear his voice again. So thank you Kalafina for helping me through this.

Fuck, I just listened to Seventh Heaven again for the first time in a really long time and I broke down again.

I always had a weird connection to this song, I could only listen to it at very specific times, because it would always, and I mean always, make me tear up in some way. I think it was because I always associated it with the final KnK movie, and listening to it would make me think of the movie, which was one of the few movies that would leave me crying like a baby everytime I watched it.
Now that I listened to Seventh Heaven again, after everything that has been going on, I feel really really sad again (I'm crying as I write this) but also slightly at ease. Now I remember why I loved Kalafina so much to begin with, and in a way I almost wish I hadn't fallen out of love with them as much as I had, because then maybe I wouldn't be hurting this much. If only Kajiura would make good songs again, goddammit.

I miss Jonghyun so much though, my heart and chest is still in so much pain, and I think it's going to take a really long time before I'm ready to hear his voice again. So thank you Kalafina for helping me through this.

Same tbh. I tried to listen to SHINee's songs again but tears somehow kept coming to my eyes. I've been told that I'm too emotional and very easily cry and it's proven on time like this.

I too have been listening to Kalafina's songs a lot again lately, mostly their seventh heaven and red moon album. Kajiura really used to compose some great songs for them. After Jonghyun I start to feel really bad for badmouthing Kajiura and the Kalagirls but at the same time I tell myself that it's just my total disappointment showing, not me hating them without any obvious reasons. I really wanted to quit Kalafina after the strings of disappointment since 2014, which was the last year Kajiura actually composed something for Kalafina that I really liked but a part of me keep hoping that Kajiura would compose something great again for them, something that'd make me feel like "this is why I loved them" again. Something that would take my attention away from how they sound because they don't sing like the way they used to.

Currently listening to Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaeteyuku. This song is so good uh

Gustav Holst- The Planets: Saturn
"Bringer of Old Age"

This has been one of my favorite classical pieces of music for a very long time now and now I think I finally understand why. Back when I first heard this piece a couple years ago, I could really visualize the story of the piece. The title is "bringer of old age' and the piece was obviously meant to emulate the death of someone old. It starts slow, tense, foreboding, slowly growing in climax, and getting more dissonant and ominous, presenting a distinct fear of death... before fading away into a beautiful chordal resolution, as the old person is finally serene, at peace in heaven.

Listening to it, really made me visualize Jonghyun's struggle in an auditory way (despite Jonghyun not being at all old).
The first couple minutes of the piece with the strings swelling, and the two same chords being played over and over to provide a sense of dissonance and unease reminds me heavily of Jonghyun's struggle in his last week, as he planned everything out meticulously, knowing how many people he would hurt, but knowing that this was something he was going to have to do.
Then around 2 minutes in, when the pizzicato strings and the somber horns enter, it reminds me of Jonghyun finally making up his mind, and setting out to do what he knew he needed to.
The rest of the piece until the 6:20 mark varies in terms of intensity, but it keeps building overall, and the mood is generally constant; it's tense and uncomfortable, and honestly, kind of hard to listen to. Even though it may sound depressing, I'm visualizing it as Jonghyun's last hours, which I really really don't want to describe, but this music summarizes the dread, horror, and devastation I feel thinking of how Jonghyun's last hours must've been.

However, at the 6:20 mark, all the dissonance and unease fades away, and the harps and flutes enter, and everything sounds absolutely beautiful; it sounds like what you would picture Heaven to sound like. The rest of the piece sounds absolutely ethereal, the main motif is played again through the cellos but it sounds so much more profound, so much more comforting and serene here, and I want to imagine that this heavenly sound is what Jonghyun was feeling as he was finally able to rest after suffering for so long. This part of the piece always brought me to tears, even moreso now, it's just so utterly beautiful and I think really paints the perfect picture of Jonghyun floating up to the clouds as the angel he is; being finally at peace, finally at ease with himself and his struggles. It was hard to type this all out, but I'm glad I did. It still hurts a lot, but typing this out and listening to the piece on loop for over an hour made me realize that he really is in a better place now and we all have to try our hardest to accept that and come to terms with that.

@sarasara Thank you for that link. I had never heard that piece before, but after doing so, I realized that nearly every scifi movie soundtrack I've ever heard draws influence from it. Definitely one of those situations when something is so influential, you kind of hear it everywhere without actually listening to it.

On topic: Steve Reich - Electric Counterpoint

Same tbh. I tried to listen to SHINee's songs again but tears somehow kept coming to my eyes. I've been told that I'm too emotional and very easily cry and it's proven on time like this.

I too have been listening to Kalafina's songs a lot again lately, mostly their seventh heaven and red moon album. Kajiura really used to compose some great songs for them. After Jonghyun I start to feel really bad for badmouthing Kajiura and the Kalagirls but at the same time I tell myself that it's just my total disappointment showing, not me hating them without any obvious reasons. I really wanted to quit Kalafina after the strings of disappointment since 2014, which was the last year Kajiura actually composed something for Kalafina that I really liked but a part of me keep hoping that Kajiura would compose something great again for them, something that'd make me feel like "this is why I loved them" again. Something that would take my attention away from how they sound because they don't sing like the way they used to.

Currently listening to Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaeteyuku. This song is so good uh
You're not alone, I miss when Keiko wasn't always harmonizing with Wakana throughout each track (Fairytale, Seventh Heaven, Himi ga Hikari ni Kaete iku, interludes...) And Keiko finally getting a melody (Yami no Uta):comeback:

That just doesn't happen in their newer songs:rain::...::cry::cry::cry:
Keiko-chan!! I miss hearing solely your voice :comeback::comeback::comeback::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I think Keiko has been getting more lead compared to pretty much anything between 2010-2015- all a-sides since FotW had significant Keiko parts (esp. blaze, and Hyakka Ryouran), and the b-sides also had quite a bit of her too. Hopefully Kajiura finally listened to Kalafans and decided to give her more lead. She still needs another chorus though, the only Kala songs she had the chorus melody were Ongaku & Te to Te to Me to Me

I think Keiko has been getting more lead compared to pretty much anything between 2010-2015- all a-sides since FotW had significant Keiko parts (esp. blaze, and Hyakka Ryouran), and the b-sides also had quite a bit of her too. Hopefully Kajiura finally listened to Kalafans and decided to give her more lead. She still needs another chorus though, the only Kala songs she had the chorus melody were Ongaku & Te to Te to Me to Me
I honestly feel like it's still not enough...
But yeah you are right she has been getting more attention lately at least she stands out a bit more. I hope it more or less stays that way or even more!

storytelling-FJ (In a FJ mood today, even though I was listening to Kala earlier. heh I really like this song, it makes me feel as if I am in a train or a car ride with no one else on the road. lol)

@sarasara Thank you for that link. I had never heard that piece before, but after doing so, I realized that nearly every scifi movie soundtrack I've ever heard draws influence from it. Definitely one of those situations when something is so influential, you kind of hear it everywhere without actually listening to it.

On topic: Steve Reich - Electric Counterpoint

Yeah, many composers have been inspired by Holst's Planets suite, it's one of the most influential pieces of classical music out there imo. I would also recommend Jupiter (Fun fact: I was in this youth orchestra for over 7 years and this was our performance of the piece from 3 years ago. :P I was in the violins somewhere) and Mars, as those two sound very Star Wars-y (especially Mars), but the rest of the suite is excellent imo. Saturn and Mercury have always been my favorites though.

Now listening to Gustav Holst- Mars

Listening to any form of Kpop is still too painful right now, which sucks because I love Kpop so much and I'm so incredibly passionate about it, but when your absolute favorite singer/composer for over 5 years committs suicide, it's... idk it's just really hard.

Back